(OT)Anyone watch the MTV Video Music Awards?

The Poojer

Yeah, I watched half of it....then I turned it off because it was horrible.

The guy from Hoobastank couldn't even sing the high notes...I've seen better band at the Penny Arcade.

And when did it become that you lumped all the metal groups together but that retarded fool "lil'Jon" is on every single set???

It's not the "Video Music Awards" it's the "Video R&B & Rap Awards".....

13301[/snapback]

I flipped it off as soon as they lumped the three rock bands together.

"You guys each get 90 seconds to perform your hit 4 minute songs. Enjoy."

Freakin' Shaq had more time to 'perform' (see also: make an ass of himself as always) than each rock band.

WHAT UP MIAMI? WHAAAAAT UPP??

Apparently the real low point was when 14-year old JoJo introduced U.S. Olympians with "Da Olympians got der own bling bling!" Thankfully, I heard about this from someone else because I would have smashed my fist through the TV had I been subjected to it live.

i agree with your statement completely, there is alot of crap to wade through, but there is some good stuff out there

There is plenty of good music from any era, including this one.  You just have to look below the surface.  I do agree though that the surface right now looks mighty bad.

Usher?  Hoo boy!  No thank you please!

13535[/snapback]

There is very little creativity and original music comming out these days. I know a few of the names, but most of them I have never, nor would care to, heard of.

The music industry likes to point fingers at file sharing, saying that is the reason for low album sales the last five years or so. Give a listen to what is on the radio and MTV these days. The problem is not file sharing, it is just that there are very few real talented people being signed to record deals these days.

Isn't it funny how soundtracks and the music you hear in lots of background situations these days has evolved into rap music? Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy rap in the day, but I agree that most of it is garbage these days. Just plain terrible.

I also find it ironic that many of the "hits" these days are nothing more than samples from old songs, and remakes of old classics. I heard some kid the other day talking about the awesome song that some crummy band wrote called "just what I needed". Yes, the one by the CARS. Sigh, I guess I am just old too....

Yeah, I watched half of it....then I turned it off because it was horrible.

The guy from Hoobastank couldn't even sing the high notes...I've seen better band at the Penny Arcade.

And when did it become that you lumped all the metal groups together but that retarded fool "lil'Jon" is on every single set???

It's not the "Video Music Awards" it's the "Video R&B & Rap Awards".....

13301[/snapback]

Yo Gant! Don't hate da playa's, hate da game of gettin' ole. Ole folks has been puttin' down the new shizzle since bacons had sizzle.

<_<

I do'nt go near that MTV garbage. I watched it when I was a stupid kid growing up, which is what it really is for. Then the next day I wised up, to better things on tv. People say I am part of the "MTV Generation", and I say, HELL NO! I am part of the "ESPN Generation" :unsure:

Here's the deal with MTV-type music industry today:

It's how you LOOK and how marketable you are as an "entertainer".

Look no further than:

-Jessica Simpson

-her sister (who the eff would watch a show about someone's famous sister who is not known for her music, but the fact that she's got a famous sister who is not popular because of her music????????)

this is the kind of stuff that drives my loony

:lol:

I also find it ironic that many of the "hits" these days are nothing more than samples from old songs, and remakes of old classics. I heard some kid the other day talking about the awesome song that some crummy band wrote called "just what I needed". Yes, the one by the CARS. Sigh, I guess I am just old too....

13724[/snapback]

I was working with a youngster a few years ago when Orgy's version of Blue Monday came on the radio. I started commenting about how these acts nowadays redo songs that I grew up with, and the younger generation think it's the greatest song they ever heard. Now we have 311 redoing The Cure. And I've even heard a dance/electronica version of Stairway To Heaven.

Yo Gant! Don't hate da playa's, hate da game of gettin' ole. Ole folks has been puttin' down the new shizzle since bacons had sizzle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:lol::(:P

word my brother, word....