Tannehil Question on D Day

T master

Let me start by saying that i am not a huge fan of Tannehil's but in all fairness i have not seen him play , all i have heard was that in a game late in the season when he lost his go to guy he couldn't deliver with out the guy they lost, or in crunch time ..

But i was wondering if any of the evaluators have thought of this .

With Tannehil he has played 2 positions in his college career , & has it been brought up in team talks that if he doesn't look that good in the QB position do you change him to WR where he had good numbers in college plus good size & decent speed for WR ??

I mean go ahead & give him the time he needs to be a QB but IF he does come up short he kind of has something to fall back on unlike other players ..

With Teabow every one says that he can be a H back or a punt protector , they can use him in different ways which i think might be something that Tannehil could have going for him & was just wondering if any others including Bills fans might have thought of this but more important has any NFL teams have taken this into consideration ??

Edited by T master

Let me start by saying that i am not a huge fan of Tannehil's but in all fairness i have not seen him play , all i have heard was that in a game late in the season when he lost his go to guy he couldn't deliver with out the guy they lost, or in crunch time ..

But i was wondering if any of the evaluators have thought of this .

With Tannehil he has played 2 positions in his college career , & has it been brought up in team talks that if he doesn't look that good in the QB position do you change him to WR where he had good numbers in college plus good size & decent speed for WR ??

I mean go ahead & give him the time he needs to be a QB but IF he does come up short he kind of has something to fall back on unlike other players ..

With Teabow every one says that he can be a H back or a punt protector , they can use him in different ways which i think might be something that Tannehil could have going for him & was just wondering if any others including Bills fans might have thought of this but more important has any NFL teams have thought of this ??

I doubt Teams are thinking that way.

IF he is drafted in the top 10 it will solely be because a team thinks he can develope into a starting QB.

This experiment was tried not to long ago, move a QB to wr, Matt Jones, and it failed miserably. Jones had some other issues to i think.

Tannehil has not played WR in Two years basically.

Tannehill had 18 starts with okay, but not fantastic, results. It's also been noted that he did not play well in come-from-behind situations. So I don't understand where all the Tannehill love comes from. Potential? Based on what? Tannehill fails the Buddy Nix smell test: 3-4 years as starter with high results against top level competition. This looks like another Gabbert-style hype to me.

PTR

Tannehill had 18 starts with okay, but not fantastic, results. It's also been noted that he did not play well in come-from-behind situations. So I don't understand where all the Tannehill love comes from. Potential? Based on what? Tannehill fails the Buddy Nix smell test: 3-4 years as starter with high results against top level competition. This looks like another Gabbert-style hype to me.

PTR

Totally agree. The great white hype.

PTR

until he becomes the next Steve young.

until he becomes the next Steve young.

I think he is a dangerous pick given only 18 starts, and won't be our pick given Buddy's criteria. And Young took over a team LOADED with talent. But I do love your enthusiasm for him!!

Edited by RyanC883

I think he is a dangerous pick given only 18 starts, and won't be our pick given Buddy's criteria. And Young took over a team LOADED with talent. But I do love your enthusiasm for him!!

Don't worry I will gladly except everyones apologies when he's one of the Top QBs in the league in a few years.

Don't worry I will gladly except everyones apologies when he's one of the Top QBs in the league in a few years.

The Dolphins will answer all questions about Tannehill with their pick at #8. His ex-coach at Texas AM Mike Sherman is now the Dolphins OC. If they pick him he's a legit prospect. If they pass, it raises red flags because the Dolphins are desperate for a franchise QB and Sherman is the best source on whether he can succeed in the NFL right now.

The Dolphins will answer all questions about Tannehill with their pick at #8. His ex-coach at Texas AM Mike Sherman is now the Dolphins OC. If they pick him he's a legit prospect. If they pass, it raises red flags because the Dolphins are desperate for a franchise QB and Sherman is the best source on whether he can succeed in the NFL right now.

I think this is a pretty interesting aspect. On one hand, if the Dolphins pass on him that says a lot. On the other hand, I'm not sure the Dolphins would be fired up to reunite a combo that massively under achieved last year.