Would You Make This Trade ?

Owen

I wouldnt just caz i dont see the Jags, Phins or Panthers taking Kalil.

If he gets to the Panthers and Cox, Poe and Coples are all on the board, then the Panthers have an opportunity to trade out. Cardinals at #13 have a bunch of mocks showing them picking OT. They could easily jump ahead of us and the Panthers would still get one of those three...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say OT Matt Kalil falls to the Jacksonville Jaguars at #7..... Just saying

Would you give up your first at #10 and your 2nd #41 in this years draft to get Matt Kalil?

Trade value is close favoring Jacksonville... Bills get one hellva player making the Bills O-line really solid.

NO, not a second round pick, maybe 3rd, best case scenario a 4th, or 2 or 3 next year.

Edited by CSBill

Let's say OT Matt Kalil falls to the Jacksonville Jaguars at #7..... Just saying

Would you give up your first at #10 and your 2nd #41 in this years draft to get Matt Kalil?

Trade value is close favoring Jacksonville... Bills get one hellva player making the Bills O-line really solid.

TRADE VALUE:

#7 - 1,500 pts

#10- 1,300 pts

#41- 480 pts (2nd)

#74- 220 pts (3rd)

#106- 82 pts (4th)

YES, i would give up #10 & #41 to get Kalil, although that price is a lil high,i'd prefer to give #10,#74 & #106.

TRADE VALUE:

#7 - 1,500 pts

#10- 1,300 pts

#41- 480 pts (2nd)

#74- 220 pts (3rd)

#106- 82 pts (4th)

YES, i would give up #10 & #41 to get Kalil, although that price is a lil high,i'd prefer to give #10,#74 & #106.

By that draft value chart , isn't #10 (1300) plus #74 (220) good enough (1520 > 1500)? That doesn't seem like a bad deal...

Edited by cage

Nope -- I don't see him falling to 7, but would not jump up.

Disagree. High motor, low impact 4-3 LB is poor value at #10.

I respectfully disagree with your disagree. Aussiebills (quoted below)basically said what I was going to. Being able to help cover the tight ends in our division is NOT low impact in my opinion.

I would agree with you because we should be targeting a game changer at 10. But with NE (gronk, hernandez) NYJ (Keller) in our division, kuechly will be a game changer with his coverage skills, he could really add an asset to our defense. He can play three downs caz as you said he is high motor

As for the original post, I wouldn't make that trade. I don't think kalil is THAT good. I would love to have him but not at the cost of filling another need on this team at pick 41. we will get another starter there.

Trading up to #7 from #10 looks even stronger today... I just read the following...

Draft Notes - I'm buying the recent report that the Minnesota Vikings are indeed going to take CB Morris Claiborne at No. 3. -Al Fronczak

If Kalil really falls to Jacksonville at #7, I feel they would be willing to trade the pick to Buffalo for Buffalos 1st round pick #10 and their 41st pick in round 2... Infact they would jump at it...

Yes Buffalo would lose their 2nd round pick, but obtaining Kalil at LT would give the Bills one of the strongest O-lines in the NFL and just look at the D-line right now... The D-line is already one of the best with depth as would the O-line... Getting Kalil would be a major improvement ... then Nix can use the rest of the draft to make the team really better... He has the picks, cash and ability to do so... Go Bills...

I wouldn't include my second or third round pick... Too many good players of need there to give that up... I realize Fitzpatrick is no Aaron Rodgers talent wise... But both are equally as mobile... And Rodgers was able to perform with a much worse line then we have now... Yes he had better receivers... But I'm strictly speaking about qb evasiveness and mobility... I like kalil, but even if he's there at 10 I may not pull the trigger because someone good at that position will fall I'm thinking... We could snag whoever that is in the second round... Cleveland has a pretty solid left tackle, but ask colt McCoy how the rest of his line is doing... Kalil is no Thomas, and not even Thomas can help that much in Cleveland despite being a stud

Tempting... but "no".

We have more than one hole to fill.

Although it would be mighty tempting and I wouldn't be upset if Buddy pulled the trigger on that one. I just don't think he would, and I wouldn't either.

Definitely trade up for JAX's no. 1 and take Roetlisberger (big, strong kid out of Miami OH). JAX is looking for impact wideout and there will be several available at #13 (maybe Lee Evans out of Wiconsin).

No Roethlisberger in this draft... sorry...