OT - Jerry Orbach passed away

EZC-Boston

Sad news.  He was a terrific actor and will be missed.  Law & Order just isn't the same without Lennie Briscoe.

183733[/snapback]

I agree Rich. I do like Dennis Furina's character and ED but I miss Lenny.

Honestly I have grown to like SVU better. Odifin Tutuola is my favorite character.

I agree Rich. I do like Dennis Furina's character and ED but I miss Lenny.

Honestly I have grown to like SVU better. Odifin Tutuola is my favorite character.

183742[/snapback]

Even more than SVU, Criminal Intent has become the one L&O show that is can't miss for me. Sundays at 9pm, that's what I'm watching (unless the Bills are playing, that is).

I do get a kick out of the contrasts in Chris Meloni's Elliott Stabler character compared to his Chris Keller character from Oz. In a prison full of sickos, Keller was easily the sickest, while Stabler is nothing like that. He's a goody two shoes compared to Keller.

Even more than SVU, Criminal Intent has become the one L&O show that is can't miss for me.  Sundays at 9pm, that's what I'm watching (unless the Bills are playing, that is).

I do get a kick out of the contrasts in Chris Meloni's Elliott Stabler character compared to his Chris Keller character from Oz.  In a prison full of sickos, Keller was easily the sickest, while Stabler is nothing like that.  He's a goody two shoes compared to Keller.

183758[/snapback]

A lot of the OZ folks seem to have made appearances on one or more Law and Order shows.

I never cared for Richard Belzer until I watched SVU.

A lot of the OZ folks seem to have made appearances on one or more Law and Order shows.

I never cared for Richard Belzer until I watched SVU.

183766[/snapback]

I've noticed that, too.

I've seen JK Simmons (Schillinger on Oz), BD Wong (Martin, the Asian priest from Oz), the guys who played the O'Reilly brothers, the guy who played Toby Beecher, and the guy who played Morales on the Law & Order shows. There must be some connection between Fontana and Dick Wolf. I know Fontana worked on Homicide and I'm sure that's how Belzer ended up on SVU, but I can't place the Wolf/Fontana connection.

That's too bad. I could never find myself reconciling the fact that Lenny Brisco, the dad from Dirty Dancing (my wife likes the movie) and Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast were all the same guy....

Good actor.