Nix on WGR this morning

JM57

Visited w Reiff and Floyd at combine. Didn't say much at all about Reiff. Went to ND to see Floyd. They "know" these players.

Glowing review, IMO, of Stephon Gilmore....didn't hear a single negative about him. Complimented size, run support, athleticism, etc. Similar things said about Dre Kirkpatrick, but mentioned his "short arms" as something that may work against him.

Of Tackle & WR he said both positions could be filled by quality guys with picks in rounds 2-3. WR especially he mentioned big, fast guys would be available later.

Personally I find it interesting that NOBODY in the front office is talking linebacker.

Also of note, said that you can get a good sized WR with speed in rounds 3 and 4.

Talked about OTs again and their importance, but mentioned that if they dont pick one at #10 they feel they'll still be okay with the depth in the Draft.

Also mentioned that they are "probably" not done in free agency. Marcus McNeil was brought up and Buddy said they are obviously aware he's out there.

My take on all of that?

1st Round: CB (Gilmore by the sounds of it)

2nd Round: OT

3rd Round: WR/QB

4th Round: QB/WR

Also of note, said that you can get a good sized WR with speed in rounds 3 and 4.

Talked about OTs again and their importance, but mentioned that if they dont pick one at #10 they feel they'll still be okay with the depth in the Draft.

Also mentioned that they are "probably" not done in free agency. Marcus McNeil was brought up and Buddy said they are obviously aware he's out there.

My take on all of that?

1st Round: CB (Gilmore by the sounds of it)

2nd Round: OT

3rd Round: WR/QB

4th Round: QB/WR

Yeah sounds abt right considering what Buddy was saying. I wouldn't rule out any defensive player for that matter at 10, then go WR, OT in the following rounds.

I think best case scenario is that Floyd goes before 10 and the Bills have their choice of Gilmore, Cox, or Kuechly.

Visited w Reiff and Floyd at combine. Didn't say much at all about Reiff. Went to ND to see Floyd. They "know" these players.

Glowing review, IMO, of Stephon Gilmore....didn't hear a single negative about him. Complimented size, run support, athleticism, etc. Similar things said about Dre Kirkpatrick, but mentioned his "short arms" as something that may work against him.

The more I think about it, with McKelvin in his last year, and I think Florence as well, it makes sense--as long as they feel good about getting a LT in R2-3.

Thanks for finishing up the interview cliff notes guys. I got as much as I could in but I had to go into school so I posted what I had up to that point.

It certainly isn't a glamour pick (like Floyd or Kuechly)- by taking a corner Buddy would either be:

a) Shoring up with a quality coverage CB with the hope that our turnover ratio skyrockets with alot of rushed passes (due to Mario and company), or

b) Even though most of us agree when Buddy says something he means it, in this case, he may be trying to get other teams to think we are going CB, but for what alternative pick....I have no idea.

It really boils down to BPA I believe

Yeah sounds abt right considering what Buddy was saying. I wouldn't rule out any defensive player for that matter at 10, then go WR, OT in the following rounds.

I think best case scenario is that Floyd goes before 10 and the Bills have their choice of Gilmore, Cox, or Kuechly.

I think Floyd slips to the middle of the first round. Don't sleep on Mark Barron, safety from Alabama.

Of Tackle & WR he said both positions could be filled by quality guys with picks in rounds 2-3. WR especially he mentioned big, fast guys would be available later.

Personally I find it interesting that NOBODY in the front office is talking linebacker.

And further proof the Bills will draft Kuechly #1 next Thursday.

He definitely moved CB to the front in this interview.

He went out of his way to say that both WR and OT were very deep, specifically referring to rounds where they could be gotten.

Now, whether that is a ploy...who knows? If it is...my best guess is Keuchly...because that's the only position they haven't talked about.

This is not an endorsement of Keuchly...I am a BPA guy...and I don't watch college football, so don't start with the "Keuchly is London Fletcher round 2, tackles behind the line" thing. I got it the first time I heard it. I do not require hearing it for the 200th time. My guess is based purely on the realities of how GMs act this time of year.

----------------------

Also...we know for certain which CB it won't be, in any round: Janoris Jenkins

I'm torn on this pick if its CB...

-On one hand, its a passing league, so I understand that having a shut down type CB is important. Takes pressure off the line.

-On the other hand... Look at the Giants CB's, they proved with a good pass rush(which we might potentially have now), your CB's can look much better. And in fact Williams, Flo, McKelvin and McGee could end up looking A LOT better. Add to that J. Rodgers could develop and it makes me think why waste such a high pick.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

CB works for me. We've invested in the defensive front 7 a ton over the last 2 years in both draft and FA. Other than williams last year not much in the secondary. I'm not comfortable with McGee, Florence and mxkelvin and definitely see a need for further upgrade.

I've warmed to the idea of CB. Only because I feel we've done a great job with the line, and I think you can find LBs later in the draft, I'm cool with CB. The program building strategy that always made sense to me was building from the lines outward. Prior to our FA signings, CB made no sense to me at all. But now? I say pull the trigger on Gilmore.

THE SECOND COMING OF JAURON! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

(this post is tongue in cheek)

Although I would be happy with a player of Jauron's caliber, I do not think his game would translate to today's NFL. In all likelihood, Jauron would not be able to make an NFL roster if he was a player today. It takes a superior athlete to play corner back today and I hope Gilmore is more athletic than Dick Jauron.

just pulling your leg