Did Buddy tip his hand?

JinWPB

Sick as in alcoholism is a disease? or sick as in pot is an addiction like tobacco( which it is not)?

I wouldn't make specific statements about Janoris's personel character unless you're on first name basis with Janoris.

If anyone is interested they may want to see THIS.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120418/SPORTS0101/204180417/1004/

If pot is not addictive then why can't Jenkins give it up? Yeah it may not have the physical addiction that alcohol does but it does have a mental addiction. Why else would all these athletes risk so much money to smoke it? Something is pushing them.

Edited by MikeSpeed

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we keep thinking Nix is going to draft BPA because he did it with Spiller when we already had two pro bowl type running backs in Lynch and FJax, but I think he's going to draft Keuchly because we are so thin at LB.

Half our LB's are pass rushing 34 types, and the rest are unproven. Shep is only played half the games last year and Barnett is injury prone (though last year he was a durable beast).

WE LOST 5 OUT OF 6 DIVISION GAMES last year and it wasn't because of the pass rush they put on Fitz, it was because we were getting shredded on defense because we had no pass rush and LB's that weren't fast enough to cover TE's like Dustin Keller, Hernandez, Gronk or stop little Reggie Bush from rushing for 200 yards against us AT HOME. We need to get faster at LB people.

Pass rush has been addressed but the only LB that is going to start for us next year is a first rounder and its Keuchly. Great speed, instincts, work ethic, versatility. Im sold on the dude, I hope Nix isn't so stuck in his "gotta be from the south" mode that he overlooks the next Zack Thomas.

Barnett had played in at least 15 games in 7 of his 9 seasons. How exactly does that make him injury prone? I dislike the fact that way too many people toss around the "injury-prone" label to a player who has had an injury or 2 over the course of a career.

Latest videos on Bills.com. they may have tipped their draft hand.

When asked about Wr; to paraphrase,we are deep but may take one later for competition.

About LT , we feel Hairston is a good starting LT for us but we need two for depth.

About Corner, we need a couple and if a shutdown corner were there we'd take him.

About what you want at #10,an IMPACT player that doesn't necessarily mean you have to start year one.

What to make of it.I don't think there is a shutdown corner aka Revis, Peterson in this draft.

Highest rated impact player that could be there at 10.....most likely Luke Kuechly.

So I'm going

pick#10 1st Luke Kuechy ILB Boston college

pick#41 2nd Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

pick#71 3rd Lavonte David OSLB Nebraska

pick#105 4th Matt McCants OT UAB

pick#124 4th Orson Charles TE Georgia

pick#144 5th Justin Bethal CB Presbyterian

pick#147 5th Andrew Datko OT Florida State

pick#178 6th Marvin McNutt WR Iowa

pick#217 7th Nick Foles QB Arizona

pick#251 7th Josh Ogelsby OT Wisconson

As per Chris Brown:

Bills GM Buddy Nix, commented on Boston College LB Luke Kuechly, who is visiting 1 Bills Drive on a pre-draft visit today.

Nix was asked if Kuechly is more than just a middle linebacker.

“He could play all three (LB spots) for us,” said Nix.

The Bills GM also said that the strong side and weak side linebacker positions in Buffalo’s 4-3 defense are relatively similar in terms of skill set.

:

lol pick 6... Marvin McNutt? draft this kid on his name alone.

Imagine a ton of Bills fans wearing the name "McNutt"

hopefully he isn't a BUST... hahaha Id hate to see the headlines

Jin, I'm not against marijuana use and I'm not gonna judge Jenkins.

However, I'd like your view on the incident in Gainesville where Jenkins was tased outside a nightclub and subsequently kicked off the Florida football team.

After that, I'd like to know your view on the fact that he has 4 kids with 3 different women.

Keep in mind the above two points have nothing to do, at least directly, with the marijuana incidents (some claim that THC is an aphrodisiac).

:rolleyes:

You can't judge a football player on his sexual life...

Women lie. I won't believe those are his kids unless Maury says he IS the father...

lol pick 6... Marvin McNutt? draft this kid on his name alone.

Imagine a ton of Bills fans wearing the name "McNutt"

hopefully he isn't a BUST... hahaha Id hate to see the headlines

Or if he gets held. Referee goes holding mcnutt.

Or if he drops a pass and the media asks chan, so what happened to Marvin on that 50 yard toss on 3rd and inches? He was wide open and he dropped it.

Chan replies, "I don't know (with his pissed off face), ask McNutt...

If we aren't taking LT it needs to be WR at #10

ridiculous to say that... WR is deep in this draft... there are no LT worth the pick at #10 outside Kalil. There are some good CB's to be had early, and Kuechely is versatile to play all 3 LB positions for us, and we need LB's.

I wouldn't complain about a WR, but you can't seriously believe that

You can't judge a football player on his sexual life...

Women lie. I won't believe those are his kids unless Maury says he IS the father...

Or if he gets held. Referee goes holding mcnutt.

Or if he drops a pass and the media asks chan, so what happened to Marvin on that 50 yard toss on 3rd and inches? He was wide open and he dropped it.

Chan replies, "I don't know (with his pissed off face), ask McNutt...

HAHA finally someone with a sense of humor!

"Fitzpatrick drops back, Its a hand off in the back.. oh wait its a reversal to Marvin...only thing preventing 6 points in the DLine... He is threw! can you believe he has done it again! Thats right.. McNutt has busted threw the whole line! Touchdown Buffalo! If I was the DC i would need to whipe myself off and come up with a plan to contain marvin. or time and time again busting threw is mcnutt" -Van Miller

What I got from watching the Nix clip was this: fans should not consider it out of the question if the Bills found a player at 10 who would, in their opinion, provide the team with the most impact, but who plays a position that the Bills are strong at already.

I say this because Nix said,

1. The 10 pick should not only be a starter, but an impact player

2. Kind of contrary, now, to the starter statement - the player isn't guaranteed a spot on the field right away; that the Bills like to let the players compete. This tells me the position might be one where the Bills already have good players.

What positions does this sound like a good match for? Defensive Tackle or End, as Mark Anderson could be seen as a rotational end. Offensive Guard.

Now, basically, Nix just opened up all the positions on the field, now, for sufficient debate. I agree that it will be best player available - and I'm glad that they'll take that player even if they have strength there.

This.

Names like DeCastro and Cox wouldn't surprise me. Nor would I be disappointed with either. Nothing wrong with making a strength stronger.

I don't think it'll be a LT or player projected at the OT position (Reiff, Martin). Not with the #10 overall.

I also think we'll have an oppurtunity to draft either Blackmon or Floyd and would give serious consideration to either.

Gilmore/Kirkpatrick would work for me in Rd 1 followed up with Sanu/Fleener in 2. Not at all shocked if Fleener goes night one, however.

In closing, I have no freaking idea but have many scenarios I'd be happy with. I suspect Buddy will make the right, appropriate picks.

If pot is not addictive then why can't Jenkins give it up? Yeah it may not have the physical addiction that alcohol does but it does have a mental addiction. Why else would all these athletes risk so much money to smoke it? Something is pushing them.

I may be old school but still draw a line between physical addiction (i.e.opiates and substances which require maintainance for the physical body to function ) and habits, good or bad which result in a psychological need. The later could be anything from pot to food to sex. Pot smokers don't go into convulsions when they don't smoke. They enjoy the euphoric feelings of the high or the calming effect to deal with their environment. A psychological dependence may be just walked away from by most but some people need professional help. It is not the habit that has them in need but the underlying conditions which makes them feel as though they have need in the first place. Like saying after a bad day," boy I need a drink." Although alcohol is a bad example here because it is one of the phyically addictive drugs (i.e. dilerium tremors associated alcoholics.)So in that regard pot-good , alcohol-bad.

I would venture to guess that many of these young men come from less than desirable surrounding and have chosen one escape over another. Since it's difficult to walk in another mans shoes we sometimes loose sight of the big picture.

I hope I haven't offended anyone here, I'm not an expert, just trying to explain things the way I perceive it.

I'd be interested in how others here feel, but I see this thread has taken us down a side road.

What I got from watching the Nix clip was this: fans should not consider it out of the question if the Bills found a player at 10 who would, in their opinion, provide the team with the most impact, but who plays a position that the Bills are strong at already.

I say this because Nix said,

1. The 10 pick should not only be a starter, but an impact player

2. Kind of contrary, now, to the starter statement - the player isn't guaranteed a spot on the field right away; that the Bills like to let the players compete. This tells me the position might be one where the Bills already have good players.

What positions does this sound like a good match for? Defensive Tackle or End, as Mark Anderson could be seen as a rotational end. Offensive Guard.

Now, basically, Nix just opened up all the positions on the field, now, for sufficient debate. I agree that it will be best player available - and I'm glad that they'll take that player even if they have strength there.

I think your analysis is right on. Who the Bills have as the BPA will be interesting. Could be a DT. or it could be someone who will start on day 1 like Luke.

HAHA finally someone with a sense of humor!

"Fitzpatrick drops back, Its a hand off in the back.. oh wait its a reversal to Marvin...only thing preventing 6 points in the DLine... He is threw! can you believe he has done it again! Thats right.. McNutt has busted threw the whole line! Touchdown Buffalo! If I was the DC i would need to whipe myself off and come up with a plan to contain marvin. or time and time again busting threw is mcnutt" -Van Miller

Lmao @ busting threw is mcnutt...

If he didn't tip his hand yesterday, he sure tipped it this morning on wgr when he spoke about how he thought OT class is deep. Then he went on to speak highly of Gilmore and Kirkpatrick (a little less on Kirk because short arms may be a concern). Listen ti the interview at wgr's audio vault.

Hope we keep building the D. The DL line looks set but LB and CB is still a concern to me. We have to be able to get past the Cheats to go anywhere post season. They seem to beat us up most 10-15 yrds down field with TE's and WR under routes. I'd feel a whole lot better with Kuechy than Scott.Sorry Bryon I know we just resigned you, maybe as back-up.

Gilmore might still be there at 10, but I don't think he's a good value that high or that much better than what will find at 41.