[video] Front office talks rookie WRs

Thanks for posting!

First impression, 10 seconds in: If Whaley is serious about taking over as GM once Nix retires, he'd better straighten out his facial hair situation. No one is going to take you seriously with a mid-90's goatee.

Second impression, after watching it: Why do I watch these things? And why am I going to watch all the others that are up on buffalobills.com? Obviously the Bills are going to talk up everyone they're asked about, but very non-specifically, so they don't tip their hand too much. Gah. Post-draft press conferences are really good, but these are excruciating. Well, better get back to watching them.

Thanks for posting!

First impression, 10 seconds in: If Whaley is serious about taking over as GM once Nix retires, he'd better straighten out his facial hair situation. No one is going to take you seriously with a mid-90's goatee.

Second impression, after watching it: Why do I watch these things? And why am I going to watch all the others that are up on buffalobills.com? Obviously the Bills are going to talk up everyone they're asked about, but very non-specifically, so they don't tip their hand too much. Gah. Post-draft press conferences are really good, but these are excruciating. Well, better get back to watching them.

i think sometimes you can tell the difference between blowing smoke and genuine interest. i'll have to take a look when i get home.

I just watched all of them and all I have to say is I freakin love Buddy man...

The way he talks with his accent and just telling us the truth.

He always says, "you know?, I been doin this a long Tom"

It was also funny when he was addressing the need for CB depth he said, "you know?, leodis entering his fine null year of his contract? Who we're expectin em tah play lots out".(last part he said with a squinted eye as to say he knows he better play)

The one interesting thing about the talk on WR to me is that Buddy Nix says "I saw him" about Michael Floyd and then instantly passed it on to Chris Cook, like he didn't want to talk about him. I got the impression it was more of the smokescreen omission rather than the I'm staying away from this guy omission. That could easily mean he went and interviewed him in person, so he didn't need to bring him in for a visit. It could also mean he just saw him play live in a game or at the combine. To me, however, he wouldn't have said "I saw him" if it were just in those last two contexts because that would include almost everyone in the first round.

1334781414[/url]' post='2440144']

The one interesting thing about the talk on WR to me is that Buddy Nix says "I saw him" about Michael Floyd and then instantly passed it on to Chris Cook, like he didn't want to talk about him. I got the impression it was more of the smokescreen omission rather than the I'm staying away from this guy omission. That could easily mean he went and interviewed him in person, so he didn't need to bring him in for a visit. It could also mean he just saw him play live in a game or at the combine. To me, however, he wouldn't have said "I saw him" if it were just in those last two contexts because that would include almost everyone in the first round.

I agree. When they asked about Floyd, Whaley just smiled and looked at buddy , who just passed the mic to cook. Maybe I'm interpreting incorrectly, but I feel as of nix didn't wanna talk and possibly show his hand....a hand that has michael Floyd atop our wish list. We'll find out in 8 days, of he's available. If Miami doesn't take Tannehill, Floyd makes a lot of sense for the fins.

Yeah, 0:53-1:25 is very interesting and difficult to interpret. In my (probably worthless) opinion, their reaction to the Floyd question is what I'd expect a reaction about Janoris Jenkins to be... However, if this was a smokescreen, then they REALLY like Floyd and may have him ranked in the 5th-7th overall range.

Edited by Mark Miller

Plus, IMO both Whaley and Nix (especially Whaley) were fighting to hide big smiles.

Yeah, 0:53-1:25 is very interesting and difficult to interpret. In my (probably worthless) opinion, their reaction to the Floyd question is what I'd expect a reaction about Janoris Jenkins to be... However, if this was a smokescreen, then they REALLY like Floyd and may have him ranked in the 5th-7th overall range.

To me, the reaction to Janoris Jackson, especially if there was no way they were going to draft him, would be for Whaley or Nix to simply say what a nice looking player he was in generic terms and avoid the character issues by straight omission, not the response they gave to the Floyd question.

It leapt out at me as well. But I have no idea how to interpret it. It sure seemed like a hot potato kind of answer.

So... is it weird that I've watched it 5 times already trying to glean some information out of it?

After further review: I think they like him.

What's really most telling is that since I want them to take Floyd, anything they would've done would've signaled to me that he is their guy.

Unless, of course, you're smokescreening yourself to make yourself believe he is their guy when he is really not, and nor do you want him.

i think sometimes you can tell the difference between blowing smoke and genuine interest. i'll have to take a look when i get home.

Yeah, it's kinda fun seeing if you can read between the lines. Then next year we'll have more experience reading these guys.

I resemble that remark. That's OK tho because very few people take me seriously.

Well with that ridiculous stripe of blonde hair down the middle of your back, whadya expect?

Thanks for posting!

In regards to the goatee comment...:thumbdown::thumbdown: :thumbdown: