From P. Price to T. Edwards, E. Moulds to K. Williams

I was looking for info online tonight about Peerless Price...recalling the days when Eric Moulds and Price were our #1 and #2 receivers...when I came across these connections:

• Price, a second-round pick, was traded to the Atlanta Falcons for a first-round pick in 2003. That pick was used to draft Willis McGahee, who was later traded to Baltimore for a third-round pick that got us Trent Edwards.
  • Moulds, a first-round pick, was traded to the Houston Texans for a fifth-round pick in 2006. That pick was used to draft Kyle Williams.

No real point to this, other than it's funny how things work out.

OJ Simpson was traded to San Francisco for a 1st round pick, which was used to take LB Tom Cousineau. Cousineau never played for the Bills but his rights were sent to Cleveland for a 1st round pick in 1983... which was used to draft Jim Kelly.

OJ Simpson essentially traded for Jim Kelly,

You can also trace Mike Grier back to the late Rick Martin, via trades. That stretched from the Sabres 2nd season in 1971 to the 2006-07 season, unless you include Grier's 2nd stint which ended with his retirement last year.

Edited by Punch

OJ Simpson was traded to San Francisco for a 1st round pick, which was used to take LB Tom Cousineau. Cousineau never played for the Bills but his rights were sent to Cleveland for a 1st round pick in 1983... which was used to draft Jim Kelly.

Nice catch. I'm curious to see which other connections we can find.

You can also trace Mike Grier back to the late Rick Martin, via trades. That stretched from the Sabres 2nd season in 1971 to the 2006-07 season, unless you include Grier's 2nd stint which ended with his retirement last year.

OJ was traded to the Niners for a pick that turned into Cousineau, who was traded for a first round pick that turned into Jim Kelly, who was in Necessary Roughness with Daryl Cox, who was in JFK with Kevin Bacon...

...who was in Picture Perfect with Olympia Dukakis, who was in The Naked Gun 33 1/3 with OJ.

It all comes back to Kevin Bacon.

Edited by DC Tom

OJ was traded to the Niners for a pick that turned into Cousineau, who was traded for a first round pick that turned into Jim Kelly, who was in Necessary Roughness with Daryl Cox, who was in JFK with Kevin Bacon...

...who was in Picture Perfect with Olympia Dukakis, who was in The Naked Gun 33 1/3 with OJ.

Well Played, Sir. :worthy:

That's cool, I love this stuff. Unrelated, but I remember reading once about the longest uninterrupted string of transactions in MLB could be traced all the way back to the Philadelphia Athletics in like the 1920s.

I wonder if there is a website where sports geeks can track this kind of thing?

pat lafontaine turned into andrew peters.

If you want to trace it all the way back, a number one OVERALL pick (Turgeon) turned into Andrew Peters.

But given LaFontaine's inability to do much post-concussion, and the fact that the Sabres did very, very well the seasons immediately following the trade, it wasn't as horrible as it sounds.

we had a great 3rd round running back named travis henry who was run out of town in three years for a less effective willis mcgahee.

Mcgahee Played well enough for 3 years and then said Buffalo was boring, Buffalo ran him out of town in trade for a third rounder (the gutless douche bag) known as Trent edwards who started in buffalo for 3 of the worst years in bills history.

The bills were forced to waste another 1st rounder on a much better character, Marshawn lynch, who quickly had three run ins with the law when he ran someone over, illegally carried weapons, and stole 20 dollars from me at a buffalo bar. This caused the Bills to draft another 1st rounder, CJ spiller who is entering his third year as marshawn lynch goes on to play at at a probowl level in his 6th year, and as mcgahee continues to be a starter in his 9th year....travis henry will finish his 3rd year in federal prison and has 12 children .

it all comes back to the number 3

we should have just kept travis henry.

Edited by loserlovers

If the green plus button in the corner worked, I would 'vote this post up'

Ricky Martin is gay! .... just figured another meaningless comment wouldn't hurt

Pushing a very fine line there, luckily you have the Y at the end. LOL

The whole Kevin Bacon thing is scarey to say the least. There should be a movie about him and every actor/actress he has affected in some way. It would probably be a 24 hour long movie.

we had a great 3rd round running back named travis henry who was run out of town in three years for a less effective willis mcgahee.

Mcgahee Played well enough for 3 years and then said Buffalo was boring, Buffalo ran him out of town in trade for a third rounder (the gutless douche bag) known as Trent edwards who started in buffalo for 3 of the worst years in bills history.

The bills were forced to waste another 1st rounder on a much better character, Marshawn lynch, who quickly had three run ins with the law when he ran someone over, illegally carried weapons, and stole 20 dollars from me at a buffalo bar. This caused the Bills to draft another 1st rounder, CJ spiller who is entering his third year as marshawn lynch goes on to play at at a probowl level in his 6th year, and as mcgahee continues to be a starter in his 9th year....travis henry will finish his 3rd year in federal prison and has 12 children .

it all comes back to the number 3

we should have just kept travis henry.

Actually Travis Henry was a 2nd round pick out of Tennesee. You could have said that he got busted with 3 underage girls (or something like that)

buffalo traded Peters to philadelphia. Bills received a 1st round pick which led us to Eric wood and shawn nelson.

Eric wood knows mark kelso. Mark Kelso knows my grandma. My grandma knows me. I have worked with ron howard. and we all know ron howard has worked with kevin bacon... 6 degrees of kevin bacon again.