When Does It Stop Being Bush's Fault?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/07/white-house-pushing-blame-on-bush-white-house-for-gsa-debacle/

The attitude displayed in the tape, that I'm sure you have all seen bragging about wasting money is an indication that there have been problems for a good while. It's not Obama's fault or Bush's fault specifically but Obama can't blame Bush here. This attitude has been around a long time. The only way to get it under control is to squeeze their budgets.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Romney is elected in November and can't get the economy moving you can bet your ass the GOP is going to be screaming it's Obama's fault.

The fact of the matter is it's 30 years worth of deregulation by both parties' fault. That and the stupidity of the American people.

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

If Romney is elected in November and can't get the economy moving you can bet your ass the GOP is going to be screaming it's Obama's fault.

The fact of the matter is it's 30 years worth of deregulation by both parties' fault. That and the stupidity of the American people.

Yep. An average of $12,000 of regulatory expenses to hire one person in this country --- note: this is before a salary/wages start being paid --- and the problem is that there's too little regulation.

:doh:

I think the blaming of the Bush admin. is blown out of proportion by the right, but whatever it's just politics. It sort of like the Republicans blaming Obama for everything since day one of office. They both play the game.

Get ready for four more years of it! :thumbsup:

How'd that CRA regulation work out?

I think the blaming of the Bush admin. is blown out of proportion by the right, but whatever it's just politics. It sort of like the Republicans blaming Obama for everything since day one of office. They both play the game.

Get ready for four more years of it! :thumbsup:

Barry's not getting re-elected. Romney is going to rake him over the coals. If what he did to Ginrich was any indication... :thumbsup:

:lol: Is there some kind of contest for "Biggest PPP Idiot" that I wasn't informed about? Because posting this drivel as your "proof" rivals the earlier "deregulation" comment for today's prize.

LMAO. I actually don't even agree with the article I posted in full. I just hate that people just blame the CRA and Democrats in general for a massive crisis.

Community Reinvestment Act had nothing to do with subprime crisis

I think this is what you are referring to...

That is a crap article. It mentions 1977 and jumps to the Bush era and says that he weakened it. Bush didn't weaken it but Clinton expanded it (I think 1998). Anyway Bush and McCain were very vocal about reigning in Fannie & Freddie. Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and many others were guilty of economic treason in defending Fannie & Freddie. Do you want to see the video of them ripping apart a federal regulator for warning them about the two F's? Do you know anything about Franklin Raines? Again that article is crap.

LMAO. I actually don't even agree with the article I posted in full. I just hate that people just blame the CRA and Democrats in general for a massive crisis.

Fair enough. There's plenty of blame to go around for the housing debacle, though "deregulation" certainly isn't in play.

Barry's not getting re-elected. Romney is going to rake him over the coals. If what he did to Ginrich was any indication... :thumbsup:

Disrespectful to call him Barry IMO. And....

Obama average of +4.9 vs. Romney

Fair enough. There's plenty of blame to go around for the housing debacle, though "deregulation" certainly isn't in play.

I wouldn't say deregulation is completely out of play. There basically was no oversight on banks and they were making very risky bets bundling mortgages. Lots of predatory lending going on as well.