Warren Sapp files for bankruptcy

That partly explains why Dungy's Tampa-2 worked so well. Judging by some posters enjoyment of Sapp's financial situation I am beginning to wonder about the character of TBD. :flirt:

The character of TBD? Sapp probably has dozens of bastard children across the U.S. and he has p*ssed away tens of millions of dollars in a decade. 99% of the reports regarding Sapp's attitude have been negative over the years. The guy's a clown and I get giddy watching people like him ruin their lives. :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this has probably been one of the worst two weeks of Sapp's life:

When former NFL defensive tackle Warren Sapp recently declared bankruptcy, he listed his income at $45,000 per month from NFL Network on a contract that expires in August 2012. Sapp said in the paperwork he’s not sure if the contract will be extended.According to Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe, it probably won’t be.

Bedard reports, citing two league sources, that Sapp’s employment is “likely over,” and that Sapp has not been on NFL Network in the two-plus weeks since he went on the air and outed former Saints tight end Jeremy Shockey as the player who blew the whistle on the Saints’ bounty system in 2011.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/08/report-sapp-likely-out-at-nfl-network/

The character of TBD? Sapp probably has dozens of bastard children across the U.S. and he has p*ssed away tens of millions of dollars in a decade. 99% of the reports regarding Sapp's attitude have been negative over the years. The guy's a clown and I get giddy watching people like him ruin their lives. :D

Casting stones on Easter Sunday? :devil:

I guess this has probably been one of the worst two weeks of Sapp's life:

When former NFL defensive tackle Warren Sapp recently declared bankruptcy, he listed his income at $45,000 per month from NFL Network on a contract that expires in August 2012. Sapp said in the paperwork he’s not sure if the contract will be extended.According to Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe, it probably won’t be.

Bedard reports, citing two league sources, that Sapp’s employment is “likely over,” and that Sapp has not been on NFL Network in the two-plus weeks since he went on the air and outed former Saints tight end Jeremy Shockey as the player who blew the whistle on the Saints’ bounty system in 2011.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/08/report-sapp-likely-out-at-nfl-network/

I guess when the league wants to keep something confidential they really want to keep it confidential! Damn. I guess for Sapp, when it rains it pours. I don't think he will be missed much. But he would be a good D-Line coach in my opinion. I'm actually kind of surprised he isn't doing that now.

Warren Sapp, a future Hall of Famer and current NFL Network analyst, has filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Florida on claims he racked up millions in debt to several creditors.

Sapp owes more than $6.7 million in debt to creditors and back child support and alimony. The outstanding amount outweighs Sapp’s 6.45 million in assets, which will be liquidated as a result of his filing for Chapter 7.

Sapp lists his current income as $45,000 per month from NFL Network. His contract with the network expires in August 2012. Over a 12-year NFL career, Sapp made well over $40 million with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Oakland Raiders

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-04-06/warren-sapp-files-for-chapter-7-bankruptcy-tampa-bay-buccaneers-oakland-raiders#ixzz1rJXJIjVU

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condoms would have been a lot cheaper. If he would have broke down and bought condoms he wouldn't have to declare bankruptcy. When you let the little head do the thinking for the big head it's going to get you in trouble. My grampa told me if it has breasts or tires it's going to cost you a lot of money.

I guess when the league wants to keep something confidential they really want to keep it confidential! Damn. I guess for Sapp, when it rains it pours. I don't think he will be missed much. But he would be a good D-Line coach in my opinion. I'm actually kind of surprised he isn't doing that now.

I don't see him being a good coach. Who would want him to have influence over young players?

This reflects how the average American thinks of "rich"= high income, when in reality you are only as rich as the amount you SAVE. I have a few friends and neighbors who are just like Sapp on a smaller scale, all the latest toys, high dollar cars etc. and not a pot to piss in outside all the flash.

I see it both ways. I know some people that save, save, save. & you know what their lives are boring & they never do anything fun in life. So what you got a bunch of money in the bank. Alot of good it has done ya. Then you got the other end of the spectrum like Sapp, who has financially ruined their lives by being a moron with their money. I think a happy medium is the way to go. Key to life is having something to look forward to to get you out of bed every morning imo.

I think if I were a 20 year professional athlete I would get a vasectomy the day I signed the contract. No chance of bad judgement with some tramp ruining a little kids life/lives not to mention avaoiding financial liabilities.

You can always reverse once you grow up enough to think with the right head...

I have actually wondered why more guys don't do that. I guess when you are 20 you don't think of things like that.

Source: NFL Network to drop bankrupt Sapp

A bad week for NFL analyst Warren Sapp was tipped to get worse, with a report indicating the bankrupt former defensive tackle will be ditched from his TV analyst gig.

The NFL Network was expected to drop Sapp in the wake of his comments over the Saints bounty scandal, The Boston Globe reported Sunday, citing two league sources.

Sapp's contract expires in August and is not expected to be renewed, a source told the Globe.

Although a network spokesman refused to discuss his status, another source confirmed to the newspaper that Sapp was yet to be booked in for another on-air appearance.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-network-to-drop-bankrupt-analyst-warren-sapp-040812

Edited by papazoid