Michael Floyd - Sports Science

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect to the OP, but these Sports Science segments are useless. They offer very little relevant information.

"He taps his toes on the sideline with 50 lbs of force which is less than 23% of his total body weight." So what?

Body control is almost more important than speed for a WR.

Buddy Nix described Michael Floyd to a tee when he said he was looking for a receiver that is open even when he's not. I believe Floyd will be the pick, if he is still there, at 10.

Ok im going to have to eat my own words...in an other thread i mentioned that i did not want floyd b/c we can get other caliber WR's in later rounds. Im iffy on reiff at 10, we could go with ingram but we just spend about 125mil on 2 DE's, i dont think we will find a partner to trade down. I've watched tapes of floyd today and i want him on our team. At 6'5 this guy does nothing but make plays and out jumps people. I think this could be a nice WR to compliment stevie. But i dont think he will fall to use at 10..i see JAX nabbing him up or even carolina.

I haven't read all the posts or the sports science info but it seems from what little I've read that Floyd has many of the wr skills we need. But I have a question. What is his playing speed like? Doesn't Buddy want a wr with speed to stretch the field to complement Stevie? Perhaps Floyd has this blazing speed and I missed reading about it. If this is the case then good. Or maybe Floyd's skills are so absurd that they will make up for any lack of pure speed that may have raised any doubts in my eyes. Someone close to Jerry Rice I would not mind. John Taylor wasn't a blazer so having two non speedsters with talent can still make an offense function quite well.

I haven't read all the posts or the sports science info but it seems from what little I've read that Floyd has many of the wr skills we need. But I have a question. What is his playing speed like? Doesn't Buddy want a wr with speed to stretch the field to complement Stevie? Perhaps Floyd has this blazing speed and I missed reading about it. If this is the case then good. Or maybe Floyd's skills are so absurd that they will make up for any lack of pure speed that may have raised any doubts in my eyes. Someone close to Jerry Rice I would not mind. John Taylor wasn't a blazer so having two non speedsters with talent can still make an offense function quite well.

Floyd Highlights

BuffaloBillsSD, unfortunately my old school iPhone won't load your linky. But I think it's safe to assume he is stretching the field against college competition. He's an intriguing prospect indeed. BPA says me as a general rule.

When you get a chance just do a google search. I am an admitted ND homer but I feel that Floyd is the real deal.

It's ok, one of my bestest friends is an ND homer as well. I'll be picking his brain about Floyd. I'm surprised in a good way he's as tall as peeps say he is. 6'5" really?! Good heavens! Damn.

My mistake, just looked his height. 6'3"

Edited by Pilsner

Does Floyd have Meacham speed? Cause it's this speed that Buddy wants at the very least. Combined with size and other obvious skills.

If we can get a Stud wr in the first, a solid LT who can start right away or push Hairston in the 2nd, a good defensive player in the 3rd and even, should I even dare say, a certain Boise State QB in the 4th I would be learning a jig quite soon! Kahlil in the 1st if he slides to us might be ok too. I haven't read up on his character yet or his work habits but I hope they are impeccable.

Besides the top two QBs, my wish list from this draft for our first-round pick:

1). Kalil (Could see him falling to #6 with certain scenarios playing out, and the Rams could shop that pick -- long shot, regardless. Pure LT who would make our whole line better.)

2). Floyd (JAX OR another team willing to trade up to a spot before us is a real possibility, but I see JAX going defense. I can't see the Fish passing on Tannehill. I think Floyd will be better than Blackmon in the pros. I'd be stoked with this pick.)

3). Kuechly (Amazing talent, and solid addition to our pseudo-Uber defense.)

Great show! Thanks for posting. It might not be the most scientific assessment, but Dareus completely pwned Suh in every category when he was on.

Dareus was one of the more memorable SS segments. BUT... Anyone remember this one?

:oops:

Good pick if we knew he could stay off the booze. So if he was having issues in College, what is going to happen when he has first round money and living the NFL player lifestyle?

Dear Toshiero,

You're right. The guy has no shot at the pro level if he keeps drinking.

Best Regards,

Bruce Smith

Not to repeatedly beat a dead horse to death, but, what was Parrish's catching radius?

When healthy or when riding the pine?

BA

Edited by Bud Adams

No disrespect to the OP, but these Sports Science segments are useless. They offer very little relevant information.

"He taps his toes on the sideline with 50 lbs of force which is less than 23% of his total body weight." So what?

It's center of gravity. It basically means he's off balance and about to fall.

Body control is almost more important than speed for a WR.

Body control isn't explained in my opinion by force he had on the ground compared to his body weight. I don't disagree about your point on body control, just that it wasn't shown in that segment. Say he had to jump more up than out for that ball, he would come down with greater force to the ground, does that mean he doesn't have body control?

Good pick if we knew he could stay off the booze. So if he was having issues in College, what is going to happen when he has first round money and living the NFL player lifestyle?

Yeah, Floyd was bombed on the field for like half the ND games last year, but I hear his 3d stint in rehab is promising.

We need to focus on players who don't drink alcohol. Who was good for BYU last year?