I like the Browns #22 pick, and this is why

Browns get #10 pick and #147 (2nd 5th round pick)

Bills get #22, #37 (Browns 2nd round pick), and Browns 2013 2nd round pick

This gives the Bills 3 picks in the top 41. This would allow us to address one more position of need, AND load up for next years draft. My draft with this new scenario would go something like this:

#22 - LB, Dont'a Hightower (and piss off every Steelers fan in the nation)

#37 - OT, Mike Adams (fill our need for a quality tackle)

#41 - WR, Reuben Randle (line up a fast, athletic receiver next to Stevie and Nelson)

What do you guys think? We may be able to get more from the Browns on this, but I wouldn't mind if this is the way it ended up.

1333578016[/url]' post='2430467']

Why would Browns give up pics in an average but deep draft?

Because there's a guy they really like and won't be there when they select? That's usually why teams trade up, deep draft or not.

1333578265[/url]' post='2430470']

Because there's a guy they really like and won't be there when they select? That's usually why teams trade up, deep draft or not.

Has anyone heard anyone talk about Hightower playing OLb and how they see him transitioning? He's always played ILB in a 3-4. I wonder how he'd do. I think he's a stud and wouldn't be pissed if we took him at 10, if they think he can play OLB in the 4-3. Sure, it would be nice to trade down and get him, but we'd have to get lucky in order for that to happen.

But this is the same draft where everyone says that the talent drops off significantly after the top 8 picks, and you can get similar quality all the way down into the 20s. Who would be that must have player that could slip to No. 10 that the Bills wouldn't be interested in? The only one that I could think of would be Richardson and even then I imagine Bills would stay pat.

Has anyone heard anyone talk about Hightower playing OLb and how they see him transitioning? He's always played ILB in a 3-4. I wonder how he'd do. I think he's a stud and wouldn't be pissed if we took him at 10, if they think he can play OLB in the 4-3. Sure, it would be nice to trade down and get him, but we'd have to get lucky in order for that to happen.

I'm not a Hightower fan for a team that is playing mostly 4-3. In the pass-happy NFL, I am not sure that Hightower is a good fit unless he is essentially used as an inside pass rusher from the 3-4. Others may see something that I don't, but I just can't imagine him as a 4-3 OLB trying to cover any NFL back, TE or WR on any occasion.

I am not a big Mike Adams fan, either. I just think that there are way too many unanswered questions, but the guy sure does have size and talent. It just seems like there has been a pattern of him not working hard to develop those talents to the fullest. If the Bills agree with that assessment, I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd at the earliest (and he won't be available then - someone will think that they can get him to work harder).

Browns get #10 pick and #147 (2nd 5th round pick)

Bills get #22, #37 (Browns 2nd round pick), and Browns 2013 2nd round pick

This gives the Bills 3 picks in the top 41. This would allow us to address one more position of need, AND load up for next years draft. My draft with this new scenario would go something like this:

#22 - LB, Dont'a Hightower (and piss off every Steelers fan in the nation)

#37 - OT, Mike Adams (fill our need for a quality tackle)

#41 - WR, Reuben Randle (line up a fast, athletic receiver next to Stevie and Nelson)

What do you guys think? We may be able to get more from the Browns on this, but I wouldn't mind if this is the way it ended up.

Its a good thought.

But if that happened, I personally would rather draft:

#22- Cordy Gleen- OG/OT- Georgia

#37- Kirk Cousins - QB - Michigan State

#41- Alshon Jeffery - WR - South Carolina or Brian Quick - WR - Appalachian State (Im stuck on which one I like better. I also like Mohamed Sanu)

#72- Bruce Irvin - OLB - West Virgina

then use both 4th rounders on CB's. 5th rounders on OT and OLB. 6th round ILB. 7th round WR/DT and OLB.

Cool thought. But I don't see Nix giving up 12 slots. It's too hard to predict who is left and how he fits what you need. Maybe 5 slots. I'd just like to hold the pick hostage for 14 minutes the way Belichick and Jerruh Jones do.

Its a good thought.

#41- Alshon Jeffery - WR - South Carolina or Brian Quick - WR - Appalachian State (Im stuck on which one I like better. I also like Mohamed Sanu)

then use both 4th rounders on CB's. 5th rounders on OT and OLB. 6th round ILB. 7th round WR/DT and OLB.

I'd personally love this draft as well. Great picks.

Its a good thought.

I'd like something like this

#22 Stephon Gilmore CB

#37 Lavonte David OLB

#41 Josh Robinson CB

#72 Bobby Wagner LB

4a Greg Childs WR

4b Brandon Mosley OT

5a Demario Davis LB

5b Jaye Howard DT

6. Josh Kaddu LB

7a Donald Stephenson OT

7b Darron Thomas QB

But this is the same draft where everyone says that the talent drops off significantly after the top 8 picks, and you can get similar quality all the way down into the 20s. Who would be that must have player that could slip to No. 10 that the Bills wouldn't be interested in? The only one that I could think of would be Richardson and even then I imagine Bills would stay pat.

I am not saying this is a realistic possibility but the answer to your question is Floyd. If the Browns take Richardson at #4 they could then move up and get Floyd at #10. This would give them an elite LT, a possible stud WR and RB combo, and a servicable QB. The Bills may not be interested in a WR in the first round but a LT lower in the first round like Martin or Adams may be just what they want along with exta picks.

Its a good thought.

I personally want nothing to do with Cousins. Ask any Michigan St fan what they think of Cousins & I bet 9 out of 10 of them will tell you they are glad he is gone. Makes alot of dumb mistakes & is really a statue back there. The NFL game is going to be way to quick for him.

I would love the idea of trading with the Browns. But this is what I would ask for.

A swap in the first 10-22 and the Browns first round pick in 2013... that pick will be a top 5 pick next season. The Browns would either get Tannehill or Richardson or even Floyd with that pick depending on what they do with there 4th overall pick.

Us on tthe other hand will have to wait 12 slots to get a tackle or Bpa on the board. This trade would give us great flexibility in next yrs draft to trade up for Barkley or take whatever blue chip prospect on the board.

I'd like something like this

#22 Stephon Gilmore CB

#37 Lavonte David OLB

#41 Josh Robinson CB

#72 Bobby Wagner LB

4a Greg Childs WR

4b Brandon Mosley OT

5a Demario Davis LB

5b Jaye Howard DT

6. Josh Kaddu LB

7a Donald Stephenson OT

7b Darron Thomas QB

To many CB's early.

Gilmore and Williams would be your starters? Still leaves you with McGee, McKelvin, Florence and Rodgers before Josh Robinson.

I like Gilmore at 22, and OLB at 37 but think you gotta go OT before the fourth round.

To many CB's early.

Gilmore and Williams would be your starters? Still leaves you with McGee, McKelvin, Florence and Rodgers before Josh Robinson.

I like Gilmore at 22, and OLB at 37 but think you gotta go OT before the fourth round.

I think you are going to let McGee or Florence go this year (probably McGee) - next year McKelvin is a free agent who I don't think the Bills will pursue and Florence will start the season at 32.

I wish it was as easy to trade down as some fans think it is. Teams are very stingy with draft picks. They want as many as they possibly can. Check out NE for example. I think Julio Jones will be a good receiver but I still think it was an awful trade for the Falcons. Draft picks are like gold. You can get a franchise player with any pick potentially.

I would love the idea of trading with the Browns. But this is what I would ask for.

A swap in the first 10-22 and the Browns first round pick in 2013... that pick will be a top 5 pick next season. The Browns would either get Tannehill or Richardson or even Floyd with that pick depending on what they do with there 4th overall pick.

Us on tthe other hand will have to wait 12 slots to get a tackle or Bpa on the board. This trade would give us great flexibility in next yrs draft to trade up for Barkley or take whatever blue chip prospect on the board.

Personally, I would want to cash in more THIS year. By getting the #22 and #37 picks, we get an instant return. 3 picks in the top 41 would be very big for us. Then if you add in the 2nd round pick next year, we have the ability to use both 2nd round picks to trade up for another 1st rounder as well.

Plus, the Browns then get 2 top 10 picks this year, which would be very valuable to them. Especially considering they could grab Tannehill and Richardson potentially. There are also valuable guys up top at positions we don't need like DeCastro, Coples, Poe, and Cox. There is an incentive there for teams to trade up.

I like guys like Floyd, Blackmon, Kalil, and Kuechly. If they are on the board, I would like it if we took them at 10.

I think you are going to let McGee or Florence go this year (probably McGee) - next year McKelvin is a free agent who I don't think the Bills will pursue and Florence will start the season at 32.

They just restructered McGee's contract. Very team friendly/incentive ladden. And Florence is solid, not great. I agree they let McKelvin walk barring a huge break out year.

I think they need a CB in the first three rounds. But also think they need LB help and OL help too. To me anything past round 3 is a big gamble as to what you get. Could be a great player but far too many wash out in a year or two.