Tank Carder

per himself, via walterfootball.com

"After the workout I spoke with the scout from the Buffalo Bills for a while."

He does a weekly "draft diary" that can be found here: http://www.walterfootball.com/tankcarder.php

Personally, I would love to draft this guy. He's been on my radar for the past few months and I think he would be a perfect WLB to develop behind barnett for a few years. If we could land him and burfict in the 4th round, I would be a happy man.

screw Vontaze. But Tank? might be worthwhile.

I think we'll have already taken one LB by the time we take Carder. Nix said we'd take a couple. He's the 2nd. Maybe Bobby Wagner at RD2 and Carder at RD4A? Wouldn't complain.

I think we'll have already taken one LB by the time we take Carder. Nix said we'd take a couple. He's the 2nd. Maybe Bobby Wagner at RD2 and Carder at RD4A? Wouldn't complain.

I expect at least as much.

We have Tank going on or about slot RD5#140, probably after Travis Lewis but well before Burfict. He'd be a better SILB than OLB.

I think you are late for Carder. I really like T. Lewis. Just one guy's opinion.

I think you are late for Carder. I really like T. Lewis. Just one guy's opinion.

We're basing this on a few things. Only 3 teams--Baltimore, Philly, and Tampa Bay--are strongly considering a SILB or even a WILB this year, so lower demand. No team has listed OLB as a P1 need, and only 5 teams want 4-3 OLB's as one of their top 3 priorities: Buffalo (multiple), Oakland, Philly, St.Louis (multiple), and T-Bay (multiple). So lower demand there too--especially early picks.

A good supply of ILB's will go in RD1-3 despite the lack of top priority need, just because of BPA. They include Luke Kuechly (SILB or WILB and possibly possibly OLB), Zach Brown (OLB or WILB), Bobby Wagner (also a very good OLB we believe), Dont'a Hightower (ILB only, we believe), Mychal Kendricks (SILB only), and Audie Cole (SILB and less effective OLB). For OLB43, those 5 teams will take Zach Brown, Bobby Wagner, Lavonte David, Sean Spence, and Demario Davis. Josh Kaddu and Travis Lewis could also go. Those players will close out RD3.

The next tier of guys are going to fall precipitously, past our RD4#105 pick, because relaive value of other positions.

We're basing this on a few things. Only 3 teams--Baltimore, Philly, and Tampa Bay--are strongly considering a SILB or even a WILB this year, so lower demand. No team has listed OLB as a P1 need, and only 5 teams want 4-3 OLB's as one of their top 3 priorities: Buffalo (multiple), Oakland, Philly, St.Louis (multiple), and T-Bay (multiple). So lower demand there too--especially early picks.

A good supply of ILB's will go in RD1-3 despite the lack of top priority need, just because of BPA. They include Luke Kuechly (SILB or WILB and possibly possibly OLB), Zach Brown (OLB or WILB), Bobby Wagner (also a very good OLB we believe), Dont'a Hightower (ILB only, we believe), Mychal Kendricks (SILB only), and Audie Cole (SILB and less effective OLB). For OLB43, those 5 teams will take Zach Brown, Bobby Wagner, Lavonte David, Sean Spence, and Demario Davis. Josh Kaddu and Travis Lewis could also go. Those players will close out RD3.

The next tier of guys are going to fall precipitously, past our RD4#105 pick, because relaive value of other positions.

BPAs will get picked regardless of strict need. I think Carder is better than half the guys above and will get drafted before guys like Kendricks, Cole and Kaddu. Maybe round 4, but I'd be shocked if he lasts til the 5th. Do the Bills fly in late round prospects?

3rd rounder.

1333488837[/url]' post='2429327']

I really like this guy as well in the 4th or 5th round. Would be an upgrade over Danny Batten, imo.

I don't think danny batten is going to be playing LB anymore. Can't imagine him playing OLB in a 4-3. Can't imagine him making the team. I'll be shocked if he does.

Carder as a post-3rd round pick at OLB would be perfect in my opinion. I may be in the minority, but I just don't view OLB as a big need for this team. We play 5+ DBs 60% of the time anyway, which means there will only be 2 LBs on the field (Barnett and Sheppard), so addressing OT, WR, and CB earlier makes sense to me.

I do like Carder, however, and it he's still there in the 4th I'd jump at him. Otherwise, I'd look for on of these guys:

Dermario Davis - Arkansas State

Darius Fleming - Notre Dame

Eltoro Freeman - Auburn

Alex Hoffman-Ellis - Washington State

Travis Lewis - Olahoma

Carder as a post-3rd round pick at OLB would be perfect in my opinion. I may be in the minority, but I just don't view OLB as a big need for this team. We play 5+ DBs 60% of the time anyway, which means there will only be 2 LBs on the field (Barnett and Sheppard), so addressing OT, WR, and CB earlier makes sense to me.

I do like Carder, however, and it he's still there in the 4th I'd jump at him. Otherwise, I'd look for on of these guys:

Dermario Davis - Arkansas State

Darius Fleming - Notre Dame

Eltoro Freeman - Auburn

Alex Hoffman-Ellis - Washington State

Travis Lewis - Olahoma

The Bills were 28th in the NFL in defending the run and allowed 140 yards per game. Do the Bills have a Pat Willis on the team? Do we have a Derrick Brooks on the team? Since the answer is clearly "are you high....NO!!", we need good LBs. Don't be satisfied with incumbents just because they were here. As many plays as they made, they were a big part of that 28th ranked rush defense.

The Bills were 28th in the NFL in defending the run and allowed 140 yards per game. Do the Bills have a Pat Willis on the team? Do we have a Derrick Brooks on the team? Since the answer is clearly "are you high....NO!!", we need good LBs. Don't be satisfied with incumbents just because they were here. As many plays as they made, they were a big part of that 28th ranked rush defense.

I understand your point. I happen to believe that the return to health of Kyle Williams, the addition of Mario, and the completion of a full off-season within the system for Dareus/Sheppard/Barnett will help immensely in the run game. Not to mention that we'll be playing a scheme that actually puts our best personnel in position to make plays, as opposed to George Edwards' system.

I think we have 1 very solid LB (Barnett), 1 good LB that will get better (Sheppard), and 1 formerly very good LB on the downside of his career (Morrison) that will only be asked to play 2 out of every 5 plays. From that perspective, if we can add an OLB in the 4th that is good enough to split time with Morrison as a rookie, I'll be happy (provided we address OT, CB, and WR in the first 3 rounds).

Just my 1 cent.