Which LB's does everyone like?

Some good plays, how's he play against um, better competition though. No doubt that guy was eating up the players he played against.

Also like Tank Chandler. Mostly because of the name. Lots of good LB's in the draft. Have to get a couple. I want either a LB or Irving w/ our first pick. Then another LB later in the draft.

Well he's gotten bigger for one thing, he played at 267 this season.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kendricks is MLB. We have one of those. We need an OLB.

I like Shea McClellin and Lavonte David in the 2nd. Path To The Draft had an interesting comment last night. It referenced Chan's coaching of Calvin Johnson at Ga Tech in a discussion of Stephen Hill. I think Blackman and Floyd will be selected before #10. Would Buddy then select Hill at 10? Hill in the first and McClellin or David in the second sounds like an interesting draft.

i also lean toward David and back filling at outside linebacker, i think coverage will play i bigger role for our starters. Another reason i like Barnett over there and have some some concerns about Sheppard this season. seems like a run stopper so far. Jury is out on Morrison. If we drafted Kuechly how would we look on downs wth him? would we move him around? Because he might land there at 10. might.

I don't really see a lot to like in a 4-3 system beyond Kuechly and only if he can play outside. The guys that fit the 4-3 OLB are 3rd and 4th round kind of guys (based on what I've read). They are all quite undersized and the Bills would likely be passing better players at other positions to take any of them in the 2nd and maybe 3rd rounds. I know some here like David, but I don't get a warm fuzzy reading about him - undersized and stiff is what I remember reading. Hopefully, some of these guys will pan out if the Bills take them, but I would stay away from the position in the draft in spite of the great need that they have there.

I should make one note, I think that Melvin Ingram might be able to play SLB in the 4-3, he is extremely athletic.

Edited by OldTimer1960

He may not fit the Bills' scheme, but I can see Ozzie taking Hightower at the end of the first round... where he will take over for RayRay in 2013 & be a huge impact player for many many years.

granted, you have to look at the overall body of work, but zach brown doesn't impress me at all:

youtube.com/watch?v=QbmVlF-oLA8

I made the observation a while ago that Zach Brown looks like he wants to put a lick on defenseless players but when the play is coming at him, he ducks and covers. The guy whiffs on a lot of tackles. After initially being impressed with him, I don't like his game very much. He doesn't seem to have much courage at the point of attack.

I know some here like David, but I don't get a warm fuzzy reading about him - undersized and stiff is what I remember reading. Hopefully, some of these guys will pan out if the Bills take them, but I would stay away from the position in the draft in spite of the great need that they have there.

The bolded is your big mistake. You should watch the videotape of the guy. He's undersized but only someone who doesn't know anything about him or has never seen him play would consider him stiff.

Actually he's highly instinctive, athletic, combative, takes great angles, understands leverage and shows much bigger men how it's done.

Lavonte David reminds me a lot of Derrick Brooks. He's very hard to block, always finds the ball, and plays equally well against the run or the pass.

I personally like him better than Kuechly.

I made the observation a while ago that Zach Brown looks like he wants to put a lick on defenseless players but when the play is coming at him, he ducks and covers. The guy whiffs on a lot of tackles. After initially being impressed with him, I don't like his game very much. He doesn't seem to have much courage at the point of attack.

The bolded is your big mistake. You should watch the videotape of the guy. He's undersized but only someone who doesn't know anything about him or has never seen him play would consider him stiff.

Actually he's highly instinctive, athletic, combative, takes great angles, understands leverage and shows much bigger men how it's done.

Lavonte David reminds me a lot of Derrick Brooks. He's very hard to block, always finds the ball, and plays equally well against the run or the pass.

I prefer LaVonte David over any other OLB in this draft, so I agree. After watching his tape over and over, and hearing the things his coaches and scouts have said about him I honestly don't think he'll be around at pick #42. Nawrocki had him rated in the #60-#70 rated prospect range a month or two ago and now I see him as the #37 rated prospect. I use Nawrocki as a reference only because his board is set on what he's hearing on when players will come off the board. This shows me there are a lot of teams that aren't going to knock down David too far because of his size. He could be a surprise Day 1 selection, not a surprise to me though.

Whoever drafts him is getting a beast who will be more than adequate on 1st down and 2nd down and excel on 3rd downs. One thing people forget to mention about David is the fact that he's a very capable blitzer. His acceleration, change of direction, and ability to twist through the OL and get to the QB his a huge asset. He did have 11.5 sacks in his 2 seasons at Nebraska.

That is very encouraging (regarding David). I do hope that there are some good 4-3 OLBs in this draft because it is sure that the Bills need some!

Hightower inside. Bigger, stronger,tougher than Sheppard the Leopard prancing around back there.

Nix is not going to draft a replacemnt for Sheppard after drafting him that high, and they love him IMO. i dont think we are looking at MLBs till mid to late rounds.

Has EVERYONE forgotten about Chris White!!!!!!

We need to give him a shot before we think about blowing a pick on a guy like keuchly.

Besides, keuchly will infuriate those who accused poz and Fletcher of tackling "down field", he'll get the same label.

Has EVERYONE forgotten about Chris White!!!!!!

We need to give him a shot before we think about blowing a pick on a guy like keuchly.

Besides, keuchly will infuriate those who accused poz and Fletcher of tackling "down field", he'll get the same label.

Wanny might want White fight it out for the starter job. It's year two, time to step up.

I see alot of kuechly talk, what about the other prospects? Like zach brown, bruce irvin, keeanan robinson, donta hightower, ronnell lewis.. I havent seen much tape/discussion on these guys and would like to get some input from everyone if they have any on these guys. I think the bills HAVE to come away with a power linebacker. Someone who can make BIG hits and cause fear and turn overs, are any of these guys really big hitters? Also they have to be able to cover somewhat imo, but we need some force to be there at the LB position

Zach Brown 2nd rounder.

i also lean toward David and back filling at outside linebacker, i think coverage will play i bigger role for our starters. Another reason i like Barnett over there and have some some concerns about Sheppard this season. seems like a run stopper so far. Jury is out on Morrison. If we drafted Kuechly how would we look on downs wth him? would we move him around? Because he might land there at 10. might.

It is funny how Sheppard was thought to be the saviour at LB last year and now all of you guys are looking to upgrade with the next flavor of the month.

It is funny how Sheppard was thought to be the saviour at LB last year and now all of you guys are looking to upgrade with the next flavor of the month.

I hope i did not sound that way. I think Sheppard is Chixes long term guy in the middle but we did just switch to a 4-3 and we really dont know what these 3 guys are going to be able to do. we can and will guess of course. So i am all about insurance and there are some very good LBs in the draft this year. But you make a great point, it does seem like some folks are ready to draft one in the first round which means instant starter to me. I am looking for youth behind Morrison and Barnett who are Very good veterans who can teach, and depth behind all 3. not sure about White at all. anyone have an opinion about him?

I'm with ya. Give me Kuechly at 10 thank you.

Kuechly is our man and BPA at #10. He had 158 tackles the year he played OLB, and averages 16 tackles per game in his career. He can cover TE's. You'll see him as our RD1 pick in the next DraftTek mock. :thumbsup:

This is a list of Linebackers I wouldn't mind at all having on the team along with what round they're projected to be drafted.

Zach Brown - 1st Round

Luke Kuechly - 1st Round

Dont'a Hightower - 1st-2nd Round

Ryan Baker - 1st-2nd Round

Shea McClellin - 2nd Round

Ronnell Lewis - 2nd Round

Keenan Robinson - 2nd Round

Mychal Kendricks - 2nd-3rd Round

Demario Davis - 3rd Round

Sean Spence - 3rd Round

Emmanuel Acho - 3rd Round

Nigel Bradham - 3rd-4th Round

James-Michael Johnson - 4th Round

Najee Goode - 4th-5th Round

Steven Johnson 5th-6th Round

Darius Fleming - 6th Round

Kyle Wilber - 6th Round

Chris Galippo - 7th-Undrafted

Side Note - Melvin Ingram I consider to be a DE so I didn't put him on the list but he's my favorite player in this draft period. I'll take him over Floyd and Blackmon. The only two players I would grade above him is Luck and Kalil. (Don't be surprised if RGIII isn't successful in Washington)

Nice list thanks!

another guy that impresses me but I don't know about his NFL viability is Sean Spence. He doesn't have great (or even good) measurables in any category, but he's one of those guys that plays better than he works out at.