The USA is stingy

Pete

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 million?

The innauguration gala has already raised 40 million.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

183214[/snapback]

Yeah and with the carrier group on station for 2 days and aid of 35 million already, this is already a 100 million dollar effort on our part. Oh and read that article.

It says 81 million has been pledged worldwide. With 35 million from the US. That means the rest of the countries are only providing just over half of the money.

Yeah and with the carrier group on station for 2 days and aid of 35 million already, this is already a 100 million dollar effort on our part.

183215[/snapback]

And the amphibious group.

And apparently they plan on putting a military command in Thailand, under a three-star (which makes it an army-equivalent, I guess), to coordinate all the aid we're sending. I don't think setting up an army-level HQ in the field is all that cheap...

Now someone explain what Sammy Sosa has to do with all this again...? :lol:

And the amphibious group.

And apparently they plan on putting a military command in Thailand, under a three-star (which makes it an army-equivalent, I guess), to coordinate all the aid we're sending.  I don't think setting up an army-level HQ in the field is all that cheap...

Now someone explain what Sammy Sosa has to do with all this again...?  :lol:

183218[/snapback]

It is a Marine 3 star. I heard that today. Yeah that means they are probably commiting at least 10,000 troops to help as well.

Yeah and with the carrier group on station for 2 days and aid of 35 million already, this is already a 100 million dollar effort on our part.  Oh and read that article.

It says 81 million has been pledged worldwide.  With 35 million from the US.  That means the rest of the countries are only providing just over half of the money.

183215[/snapback]

And rightly so... We are the greatest, strongest, richest country on earth, equal to none. I sure the hell don't have a problem with it.

And by the way...the total aid committed to date from all sources is $60M. $35M of that is American. We're giving more aid to the region than the rest of the world combined.

And the official death toll is just a shade under 70k now...originally, when this story broke with 3k deaths, I said to myself "That's low by a factor of about 30", then said "Nah, I'm being overly dramatic. It can't be that bad." As it stands now, it looks like the death toll will easily surpass 100k, which has me honestly sick to my stomach.

And rightly so... We are the greatest, strongest, richest country on earth, equal to none.  I sure the hell don't have a problem with it.

183224[/snapback]

Anyone who does have a problem with it should be forcibly sent over there for a week to help.

And rightly so... We are the greatest, strongest, richest country on earth, equal to none.  I sure the hell don't have a problem with it.

183224[/snapback]

China who is closer to the situation, probably has as much real income as the US. Japan isn't far behind as well, and also is close to the situation. Why are they not looked upon to take the lead. You are now demanding and expecting the US to take the lead on this and go into these countries with troops and help the people.

Yet you B word and moan when we go into Iraq and help their people, who are dying at a much higher rate.

China who is closer to the situation, probably has as much real income as the US.  Japan isn't far behind as well, and also is close to the situation.  Why are they not looked upon to take the lead.  You are now demanding and expecting the US to take the lead on this and go into these countries with troops and help the people. 

Yet you B word and moan when we go into Iraq and help their people, who are dying at a much higher rate.

183232[/snapback]

Help their people? Help their people? You must be kidding? What is happening is exactly what I thought would... We are now picking and choosing who needs what, with our self-serving goals conveniently cloaked under things.

I will give you a little analogy: :lol:

It is like a husband going out and dropping a grand on something useless and then begrudging his wife when she spends 40 bucks on a lamp.

:lol:

China who is closer to the situation, probably has as much real income as the US.  Japan isn't far behind as well, and also is close to the situation.  Why are they not looked upon to take the lead.  You are now demanding and expecting the US to take the lead on this and go into these countries with troops and help the people. 

183232[/snapback]

Realistically, neither China nor Japan have anywhere near the ability to project the kind of resources necessary for this situation into the region. The countries that do...well, pretty much the US, England, and France. Maybe the Aussies, through virtue of geography.

Plus there's the fact that the Chinese and Japanese are fundamentally a bunch of racist bastards who are fairly contemptuous of their little brown southern brothers.

Help their people?  Help their people?  You must be kidding?  What is happening is exactly what I thought would... We are now picking and choosing who needs what, with our self-serving goals conviently cloaked under things.

I will give you a little analogy: :lol:

It is like a husband going out and dropping a grand on something useless and then begrudging his wife when she spends 40 bucks on a lamp.

183240[/snapback]

If she doesn't work and the lamp is ugly, he should. :lol:

Actually it's more like a husband giving a grand to his favorite charities, but the wife saying she wanted the money instead and bitching about it.

Realistically, neither China nor Japan have anywhere near the ability to project the kind of resources necessary for this situation into the region.  The countries that do...well, pretty much the US, England, and France.  Maybe the Aussies, through virtue of geography. 

Plus there's the fact that the Chinese and Japanese are fundamentally a bunch of racist bastards who are fairly contemptuous of their little brown southern brothers.

183241[/snapback]

Yes they are. But Japan can project quite well. Air and cruisers any ways.

Fug you for accusing me of being a hypocrite.  I dont spew hate from a keyboard

182834[/snapback]

Does anyone else see the irony in these two statements made in a span of three sentances?

And by the way....are you folks really bitching about how much money each country has given so far? An election, my kingdom for an election.

Does anyone else see the irony in these two statements made in a span of three sentances?

And by the way....are you folks really bitching about how much money each country has given so far?  An election, my kingdom for an election.

183265[/snapback]

Weren't you the same guys bitching how much corporations gave after 911?

Yes they are.  But Japan can project quite well.  Air and cruisers any ways.

183247[/snapback]

Doesn't mean they can do it. Last time Japan projected anything across an ocean it was to Guadalcanal. The belief in the Japanese Self-Defense Force as a defense force is deeply engrained enough by now that I'd be surprised if Japan could muster the expertise or political will to sail or fly measurable relief into the Indian Ocean region.

As for China...if they could muster and project those kind of resources that far, they'd have invaded Taiwan already.