Jason Peters out for season

theesir

Im not one for sour grapes or hating on people. However, I believe Peters brought all the negativity on himself. Holding out is one thing but showing up out of shape, and admitting to not playing hard on gameday is a complete a-hole move, and any Bills fan that supports him needs to get their priorities straight.

He is a jerk to the same extreme that Freddy, Lee Evans, and even SJ13 are class acts. I feel no need to wish him well since he proved what type of person he is.

I dont like seeing anyone injured, but I'll take a few moments for some sweet, sweet schadenfreude. Go Bills!

Excellent point! Admitting to not trying hard is about the biggest slap in the face you can give a team and your teammates. After that admission there was no way I'd want him on the Bills.

why, because he didn't want to waste any more of his precious short career on the cluster!@#$ mess that the bills were then (and still are now until PROVEN otherwise with a trip to the playoffs).

im sure 90% of the guys that post here (at least) would have done the same thing if they were in the same position.

Fred Jackson would disagree.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell does a guy that big use one of these things???

When I starting reading this thread I pictured a 'Roll-A-Bout' as some super special device you wear on your ankle that protects and strengthens the Achilies. Instead he's using a walker like some 90 pound old lady at the supermarket.

Helps to have a little historical perspective, Dopey. When Jason Peters held out and then returned to the Bills, he was a fat, lazy, out of shape tub o' goo who hurt the team.

I'm not a hater, but I am not a Peters' fan.

I had to stand with the Bill's brass on that one. Peters was an undrafted free agent TE who was too big for that role. An oddity that, unless the Bills picked him up, may have very well ended up stocking shelves because he just didn't fit scheme-wise anywhere.

With his size and freakish speed he was a Special Teams wrecking ball, but Mouse and the o-line coaching staff at the time coached him up to play tackle at an NFL level. They saw the talent and offered to lock him up for 5 years, he agreed to the contract in good faith and then a few years into it held out for more money... and then more money. Skipping camp each time and showing up to play out of shape and winding up getting hurt.

The iggles can have him, and what comes around goes around.

All that being said, I was not sure the front office would do right by Jackson; NFL business can be cut-throat. Glad they sent the right message there.

My linkJust saw news that Peters re-injured the same achillies. Not sure how this happens so quickly, but it was in a story on Yahoo. No other details from the Eagles yet. Edited by todzilla

Double Ouch!!!

"According to a report from Chris Mortensen of ESPN, [Peters and Suggs] may also be at risk of losing money. Both players fit the criteria for being placed on the Non-Football Injury list. Players aren’t entitled to any compensation while on the list, although the report says that the teams aren’t prepared to do anything that drastic.

The Eagles have reportedly already “amicably discussed” a salary reduction with Peters and his agent. Per Mortensen, Peters would be subject to the loss of at least the $3.25 million that the team is paying Demetress Bell, who they signed after Peters’ injury."

Double Ouch!!!

"According to a report from Chris Mortensen of ESPN, [Peters and Suggs] may also be at risk of losing money. Both players fit the criteria for being placed on the Non-Football Injury list. Players aren’t entitled to any compensation while on the list, although the report says that the teams aren’t prepared to do anything that drastic.

The Eagles have reportedly already “amicably discussed” a salary reduction with Peters and his agent. Per Mortensen, Peters would be subject to the loss of at least the $3.25 million that the team is paying Demetress Bell, who they signed after Peters’ injury."

If the Eagles aren't careful, he might have lapses during his rehab because he's thinking about his contract.

If the Eagles aren't careful, he might have lapses during his rehab because he's thinking about his contract.

Sorta like Bubba from Forrest Gump:

"You got your up-front signing bonus which counts against this year's cap. And your workout bonus that's paid on June First. And your incentive payments for..."

Double Ouch!!!

"According to a report from Chris Mortensen of ESPN, [Peters and Suggs] may also be at risk of losing money. Both players fit the criteria for being placed on the Non-Football Injury list. Players aren't entitled to any compensation while on the list, although the report says that the teams aren't prepared to do anything that drastic.

The Eagles have reportedly already "amicably discussed" a salary reduction with Peters and his agent. Per Mortensen, Peters would be subject to the loss of at least the $3.25 million that the team is paying Demetress Bell, who they signed after Peters' injury."

Boy it's a far different deal than the guaranteed money they get in baseball and basketball.

Repeat after me everyone… NFL players are not like other professional athletes.

Sorta like Bubba from Forrest Gump:

"You got your up-front signing bonus which counts against this year's cap. And your workout bonus that's paid on June First. And your incentive payments for..."

More like from Peters during his final (2008) season with the Bills, when he admitted he let his contract situation affect his play on the field. <_<

Double Ouch!!!

"According to a report from Chris Mortensen of ESPN, [Peters and Suggs] may also be at risk of losing money. Both players fit the criteria for being placed on the Non-Football Injury list. Players aren't entitled to any compensation while on the list, although the report says that the teams aren't prepared to do anything that drastic.

The Eagles have reportedly already "amicably discussed" a salary reduction with Peters and his agent. Per Mortensen, Peters would be subject to the loss of at least the $3.25 million that the team is paying Demetress Bell, who they signed after Peters' injury."

FatBoy will threaten to hold out unless they offer a better deal.