Vote For OBAMA!

Most Americans don't vote by issue, most have no idea about what happens in Washington, they vote part line no matter what, and the others tune in 30 days before and get emotionally charged over the capaign mud. We are in the minority since we actively take an interest in Politics and Policy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably relate more to Obama than Romney, is my guess. Obama has money, but Romney is wealthy.... big difference...

Obama's not wealthy?? What planet are you living on?

Most Americans don't vote by issue, most have no idea about what happens in Washington, they vote part line no matter what, and the others tune in 30 days before and get emotionally charged over the capaign mud. We are in the minority since we actively take an interest in Politics and Policy.

But you'll base your vote on whether or not they can relate to you running out of toilet paper. Ok..that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Obama's net worth, from what I remeber is 5-7M. Romney's net worth, 250M.

People can related and hope for 5M, probably will far far short, not many people without Powerball can concieve 250M in their lifetime.....

Heck, my Aunt has 4M and is considering moving out of Souther Calfornia because it is so expensive...

But you'll base your vote on whether or not they can relate to you running out of toilet paper. Ok..that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Did I say I did? Did you read the post?

My original statement what that I can see why people would not connect with Romney, and thought it should not be all emotion, Americans do vote with their hearts.... I mean, heck, Americans can relate to Santorum more than Romney or Obama.... when I ask myself who of the Republican candidates understand the masses better, I would say Santorum.... he has been there, faced everyday issues, he is probably more like the everyday guy.

People can related and hope for 5M, probably will far far short, not many people without Powerball can concieve 250M in their lifetime.....

Heck, my Aunt has 4M and is considering moving out of Souther Calfornia because it is so expensive...

My original statement what that I can see why people would not connect with Romney, and thought it should not be all emotion, Americans do vote with their hearts.... I mean, heck, Americans can relate to Santorum more than Romney or Obama.... when I ask myself who of the Republican candidates understand the masses better, I would say Santorum.... he has been there, faced everyday issues, he is probably more like the everyday guy.

I don't want an everyday guy. I want an exceptional guy. Someone that has been a huge success. It doesn't matter one iota to me if he knows the price of milk or not.

I hear things are getting pretty expensive a little further up North in San Fransisco

San Fran is ridiculous... California if effed up.... but that's what happens when you pass everything proposed then decided, meh, I don't really want to pay for it....

LOL

My cousin has an art gallery he open in SF, by Union Square- $15K a month just in the lease, and the gallery is tiny- His wife has a trust fund from a rich banker is Tennesee or someting like that.... lucky bastard...

Ummmm, yes you did.

My vote would be for someone more like myself, middle class with the hope to secure and self sufficeint someday.... somebody who really identifies with my struggles

So a net worth of $5-7 million is not wealthy? Once again, what planet do you live on? Sure Romney is wealthier but that does not mean Obama is not wealthy too.

My cousin has an art gallery he open in SF, by Union Square- $15K a month just in the lease, and the gallery is tiny- His wife has a trust fund from a rich banker is Tennesee or someting like that.... lucky bastard...

Phone number please. :D

Oh and BTW if he has a gallery by Union Square he's selling some very nice ****. I've been wowed by many of those galleries with what they have.

Edited by Chef Jim

Ummmm, yes you did.

So a net worth of $5-7 million is not wealthy? Once again, what planet do you live on? Sure Romney is wealthier but that does not mean Obama is not wealthy too.

Phone number please. :D

of the gallery?

Modern Art- sometimes just tons of **** all glued together, I just don't get it. There is obvisouly a market for it, but just too weird for me....

If I go out and buy some macaroni, glue, and paper plates them give them to my friends twin toddlers, how much do you think they'd pay me for their masterpieces?

If I go out and buy some macaroni, glue, and paper plates them give them to my friends twin toddlers, how much do you think they'd pay me for their masterpieces?

Your friends' toddlers. Yeah.

Don't be afraid to take the credit for you own work.

Your friends' toddlers. Yeah.

Don't be afraid to take the credit for you own work.

Seriously, I don't have the artistic ability for that.

And my friends twin toddlers wasn't my first choice. At first I was going to suggest driving into Norfolk and giving the supplies to Dave. But then I realized it probably wasn't a good idea. I would end up having to drive him to the Emergency Room to get the uncooked macaroni un-glued from his intestines

Edited by /dev/null

Modern Art- sometimes just tons of **** all glued together, I just don't get it. There is obvisouly a market for it, but just too weird for me....

Some of that stuff is really !@#$ed and some of it is fascinating. Art is like wine and music. Who give a **** if you're the only one that likes it.

And yet when the biggest challenge facing our country right now is reducing debt and deficit and giving companies reason to expand and grow and hire, you think the average joe on the street would prefer the guy who lives to divide and debase?

Every time I pass a car with an Obama 12 sticker on it, I increasingly find myself thinking "How in the holy hell can you be that gullible?"

Some of that stuff is really !@#$ed and some of it is fascinating. Art is like wine and music. Who give a **** if you're the only one that likes it.

I went to the art gallery at Pitt when I was at a conference there and killing time. Saw part of an egg carton, and a piece f pleated construction glued to a piece of painted wallboard with a pencil line down to the floor. I actually said out loud :What is this ****?!"