Vote For OBAMA!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romney is either very arrogant or he is getting bad advice. Etcha sketch comment aside (Eric Fehrnstrom should have been fired immediately or at least banned from opening his trap on TV until after November) he should have held off on the expansion plans on his beach front estate in San Diego (it's Spanish for a whale's vagina) until after the election. Someone with half a brain should have known that the media and the liberals would eat this up.

Romney is either very arrogant or he is getting bad advice. Etcha sketch comment aside (Eric Fehrnstrom should have been fired immediately or at least banned from opening his trap on TV until after November) he should have held off on the expansion plans on his beach front estate in San Diego (it's Spanish for a whale's vagina) until after the election. Someone with half a brain should have known that the media and the liberals would eat this up.

Why should he wait? He has money and this why people do that have money. And if he had done it after the election and he had won he'd be raked over the coals then too.

Because Romney has a car elevator. It didn't take me long this morning to remember why I don't watch the news on television.

pretty hard to avoid the media during an election year...they seem to be in your face a lot, mixing the pot and stirring up emotions.

Edited by whateverdude

Why should he wait? He has money and this why people do that have money. And if he had done it after the election and he had won he'd be raked over the coals then too.

He can sepnd his money however the hell that he wants to, but we both know that public perception is everything. It wouldn't matter much after the election because he'd have either a.) lost or b.) no one could do anything about it for fours years.

Again - not saying that he shouldn't spend the money, but the main weapon that the Dems will use against Romney (if he wins the nom) is class warfare - he doesn't need to give them any ammunution.

Why does/would Jay Leno not have a problem with this with his mega-garage? What about George Clooney's in-home movie theatre with huge-screen 3-D and like 100 leather chairs?People generally don't think they're *s just because they spend money on something they really enjoy. But these people are celebrities, so that means they can do things like this and be admired for it.... Whereas if it's anyone else who's earned a lot of coin, this opulence is looked down upon. Look, Romney's made a lot of money. At least he's not just sitting on it like Scrooge McDuck Warren Buffett. He's spending and putting it into the economy in a sector that has hit the snide since the recession. How is this a bad thing? I don't expect someone who's running for president to have the same circle of friends as myself, to have the same means as others if they're coming from the private sector where they've been successful.... All I give a crap about is if he's got better ideas on how to make America work better than the other guy.

I don't get it. Obama & co can trapse all around the world with their entourage like British Royalty meets Allen Iverson, and that's cool. Then in the next breath the same ass holes who just got through condescendingly telling us the Obama's have a right to spend their (& taxpayers) own money how they choose, burst a blood vessel if Romney buys a couple of Cadillacs.

And they wonder why no one takes them seriously.

Why does/would Jay Leno not have a problem with this with his mega-garage? What about George Clooney's in-home movie theatre with huge-screen 3-D and like 100 leather chairs?People generally don't think they're *s just because they spend money on something they really enjoy. But these people are celebrities, so that means they can do things like this and be admired for it.... Whereas if it's anyone else who's earned a lot of coin, this opulence is looked down upon. Look, Romney's made a lot of money. At least he's not just sitting on it like Scrooge McDuck Warren Buffett. He's spending and putting it into the economy in a sector that has hit the snide since the recession. How is this a bad thing? I don't expect someone who's running for president to have the same circle of friends as myself, to have the same means as others if they're coming from the private sector where they've been successful.... All I give a crap about is if he's got better ideas on how to make America work better than the other guy.

Really, it's rather simple. Obama & his minions have done a good job of debasing the argument to class warfare. Suddenly, striving to be successful is frowned upon, unless of course you're in the inner circle. But then, if nobody reports on your bundlers' Malibu estates, then it doesn't exist. While Obama loves to invoke Lincoln, he's cut more in the FDR cloth, where people ignore that one of the wealthiest men in the country, who was also surrounded by the uber-wealthy can pontificate about the fat cats stealing money from the poor and pushing grandmas off a cliff.

Romney should just explain that if it's really a problem, he'll be happy to halt the construction and lay everyone off since that is clearly what the Obama administration is advocating.

I mean, it's not like rich people create jobs. That's the government's job. So stop the construction and lay them off, Mitt. There's 99 weeks of free Kagan money waiting for those workers.

From a middle class American's persprective, espcially independent voters, I can see how it is hard to identify with a candidate like Romney. 400K from speaking fee's is paulty money to him, but that pays off a home and sends the average American's two kids to college. He has elevators for his cars, most Americans struggle to pay for gas in their cars and manage they car payment...

Wealth Envy aside, people wants leadership that understand thier needs... Romney may, but he certainly doesn't have the stuggles most Americans do...

From a middle class American's persprective, espcially independent voters, I can see how it is hard to identify with a candidate like Romney. 400K from speaking fee's is paulty money to him, but that pays off a home and sends the average American's two kids to college. He has elevators for his cars, most Americans struggle to pay for gas in their cars and manage they car payment...

Wealth Envy aside, people wants leadership that understand thier needs... Romney may, but he certainly doesn't have the stuggles most Americans do...

So we need a president who winces everytime he puts gas in his car? Please explain why.

So we need a president who winces everytime he puts gas in his car? Please explain why.

I didn't say that, I said I can see why many Americans would feel disconnected from Romney and the life he has enjoyed as a wealthy American. Perhaps my perpective is different, I work with the wealthiest people in Colorado on a daily basis, and there is a disconnect between my daily concerns, and many of their daily concerns- its not good or bad, it just is what it is- and my wife and I bing in generous income and live a very nice life, so we are not looking for handouts, bailouts of support.

My vote would be for someone more like myself, middle class with the hope to secure and self sufficeint someday.... somebody who really identifies with my struggles...

Our social groups and acquaintences tend to be people of familair social-economic levels, my view is voting is no different- me preference, someone like me.

Edited by B-Large

My vote would be for someone more like myself, middle class with the hope to secure and self sufficeint someday.... somebody who really identifies with my struggles...

Hate to shatter your world view, but Obama ain't exactly a man of the common folk either

Hate to shatter your world view, but Obama ain't exactly a man of the common folk either

I'd probably relate more to Obama than Romney, is my guess. Obama has money, but Romney is wealthy.... big difference...

and it's not idealogy... I donated money to a Republican running a State race in Montana because I saw his commercial and was so impressed by his campaign. I e-mailed him, asked him about his views, they were very in line with mine... I thought we had a lot in common, he seemed like one of "mine".... he traveled across Montana and built his own signs for his campaign.... he struck me a guy who stated and through actions showed his belief in limited self government and freedoms... something I don't think man of our Federal polcticians do.

Aside- I met John Kerry in 2004 when he was here at our hospital for a photo shoot or interview, he didn't strike me as someone I related to either... my thought was always "how can John Kerry relate to me, or my world".... I did not have an answer for that.

Edited by B-Large

I'd probably relate more to Obama than Romney, is my guess. Obama has money, but Romney is wealthy.... big difference...

and it's not idealogy... I donated money to a Republican running a State race in Montana because I saw his commercial and was so impressed by his campaign. I e-mailed him, asked him about his views, they were very in line with mine... I thought we had a lot in common, he seemed like one of "mine".... he traveled across Montana and built his own signs for his campaign.... he struck me a guy who stated and through actions showed his belief in limited self government and freedoms... something I don't think man of our Federal polcticians do.

Aside- I met John Kerry in 2004 when he was here at our hospital for a photo shoot or interview, he didn't strike me as someone I related to either... my thought was always "how can John Kerry relate to me, or my world".... I did not have an answer for that.

And here's why people's emotions are the wrong reason to pick a candidate. It will always get you in trouble. Who cares if the boss/President can't relate to you. The vote should be based on whether you think he will hire the right people and make the right decisions that will make you better off.

You know who you may have liked because you may have thought that he could relate to you? John Edwards.

Example # 4,679 of "Do as I say not as I do"

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/articles/2011/10/24/sin_city_fumes_over_obamas_anti_tourism_rant/

Obama admonished corporations using federal bailout money: "You can't go take a trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayer's dime."

http://news.yahoo.com/michelle-obama-daughters-visiting-las-vegas-015711542.html

Whatever.

:rolleyes:

I didn't say that, I said I can see why many Americans would feel disconnected from Romney and the life he has enjoyed as a wealthy American. Perhaps my perpective is different, I work with the wealthiest people in Colorado on a daily basis, and there is a disconnect between my daily concerns, and many of their daily concerns- its not good or bad, it just is what it is- and my wife and I bing in generous income and live a very nice life, so we are not looking for handouts, bailouts of support.

Our social groups and acquaintences tend to be people of familair social-economic levels, my view is voting is no different- me preference, someone like me.

Why do we have to connect with our leaders? I spent a day with my company President/CEO recently. We connect real well because that's just the way he is. He likes food, wine and loves what he does for a living. Just like me. But is that necessary? Hell no. Just be a good leader. A good leader does not have to live the life of other people to understand their needs and empathize. They need to understand what caused your challenges in life and how to reduce or eliminate them. He doesn't have to be in the trenches to do that. I want someone who has created a great living for himself and says "this is how you do it."

You know who you may have liked because you may have thought that he could relate to you? John Edwards.

Well I do enjoy having sex with women but don't like being tied to any one in particular

Example # 4,679 of "Do as I say not as I do"

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/articles/2011/10/24/sin_city_fumes_over_obamas_anti_tourism_rant/

Obama admonished corporations using federal bailout money: "You can't go take a trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayer's dime."

http://news.yahoo.com/michelle-obama-daughters-visiting-las-vegas-015711542.html

Whatever.

:rolleyes:

Don't be a hater. The family needs a vacation after their daugther just finished a hectec class trip to Mexico

Edited by /dev/null