For you "Draft Experts"

Kaenon

:worthy:

Whitner over Ngata set the franchise back 2 years in terms of draft picks alone...

...and Orakpo or Oher would have much better choices over...ahem...Maybin...

Let's not forget that Clay Matthews & Brian Cushing were also considerations over Maybin... :death:

How about 2004....i was wanting Big Ben to come to us at 14. Pitt got him i think 2 picks in front of us. Then we traded back into the round for JP Louzyman. Man was that a long satruday. Still wish they would be rounds 1 thru 3 on saturday. Made for a fun bbq event.

yup. and before someone comes in and says "hindsight is 20/20 blah blah blah", these moves were as obvious as the dareus pick this year. we just tried to outsmart everyone.

SO right! Ngata was a consensus All-American...And The Bills needed a DT so badly they Traded back up into the 1st Round to take McCargo! Worst thing is they could have just sat put, taken Ngata in the 1st, and had their choice of Roman Harper, Marcus McNeil, Greg Jennings, Devin Hester, etc., in the 2nd... :doh:

My thoughts exactly. I remember swearing at the TV when the Niners picked him just ahead of us -- just as I did when the Steelers picked Big Ben.

In '07, I was devastated when the Niners drafted Willis before we could. Every time I see him play, I think about what might have been.

You and I think alike. I had the same feeling of disappointment when we picked him. He turned out to be ok and not as bad a player as some thought, but there is no way he should have been picked in the first round let where we picked him. I wonder who Buddy would have picked at that spot. I presume Ngata or perhaps Cutler. Except for Kyle Williams, that draft was a waste for us.

Exactly the same here. Toss in the "Who?!?!!" for Whitner as well...

You and I think alike. I had the same feeling of disappointment when we picked him. He turned out to be ok and not as bad a player as some thought, but there is no way he should have been picked in the first round let where we picked him. I wonder who Buddy would have picked at that spot. I presume Ngata or perhaps Cutler. Except for Kyle Williams, that draft was a waste for us.

I agree, he is an average/decent player, but no business being taken that high. Williams was a steal in round 5! I still don't know how or why we didn't take Ngata...it was a NO BRAINER! For that one moment I relaized what it must be like to be a Raiders fan and have Al Davis as your owner making bizzaro picks in the draft when the obvious choice was right there in front of you.

Maybin was another. I remember thinking, please God no, don't take him...

I agree, he is an average/decent player, but no business being taken that high. Williams was a steal in round 5! I still don't know how or why we didn't take Ngata...it was a NO BRAINER! For that one moment I relaized what it must be like to be a Raiders fan and have Al Davis as your owner making bizzaro picks in the draft when the obvious choice was right there in front of you.

Maybin was another. I remember thinking, please God no, don't take him...

The only reason i didn't think Ngata was a slam dunk was because i thought the Bills might take Bunkley. But DT was the slam dunk sure-fire pick at #8, until that moronic waste of space gutless coach dick jauron had to "outsmart" everyone on draft day.

I did hate maybin from the get go when i started looking at some stuff for the 2009 draft. Never wanted him picked, i was hoping for orakpo.

The only reason i didn't think Ngata was a slam dunk was because i thought the Bills might take Bunkley. But DT was the slam dunk sure-fire pick at #8, until that moronic waste of space gutless coach dick jauron had to "outsmart" everyone on draft day.

I did hate maybin from the get go when i started looking at some stuff for the 2009 draft. Never wanted him picked, i was hoping for orakpo.

I forgot Bunkley was in that draft, but yes DT was a sure-fire pick @ 8

I actually thought Marshawn was going to be much better than he was, Poz too for that matter. After all the pre-draft hype and talk I was convinced Poz was the next Conlan...

Marshawn just didn't have the break away speed/elusiveness in the NFL I expected. He comes close to breaking a huge play, but always gets tripped up or caught from behind.

Another I will toss up there is Reggie Bush. I thought he was the second coming of Sayers... :wallbash: