vince young?

Shocking the former number 3 pick who was released for being a dick isn't a hotter commodity

I assume that's a sar chasm I see before me?

Being serious a moment, it's a little-recognized phenomenon that being picked in the top half of the 1st round of the NFL draft does not guarantee success as a QB

There have been 21 QB drafted in that slice between 1999-2009 (too soon to vote on 2010-2011).

Of them, I think about 1/3 (7-8) would have general agreement that they're a top-quality QB, were top quality in their day, or very likely to become one. That would include Stafford, Ryan, Eli Manning, Rivers, Big Ben, Vick, and arguably Carson Palmer (gets down to personal prefs).

Another 4 or 5 have had some success as NFL QB, but the jury's still out or they haven't quite lived up to expectations - Sanchez, Alex Smith, Jay Cutler, Vince Young, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb - you could have a reasonable debate whether they're better/worse/about the same as our homeboy.

Then there are the 8 or so who are busts by anyone's definition - the likes of JaBustus Russell, Akili Smith, Byron Leftwich.

Now the odds of picking up a top-notch guy may be better in the 1st round than later, but it's far less than the sure bet so many like to paint it as.

I assume that's a sar chasm I see before me?

Being serious a moment, it's a little-recognized phenomenon that being picked in the top half of the 1st round of the NFL draft does not guarantee success as a QB

There have been 21 QB drafted in that slice between 1999-2009 (too soon to vote on 2010-2011).

Of them, I think about 1/3 (7-8) would have general agreement that they're a top-quality QB, were top quality in their day, or very likely to become one. That would include Stafford, Ryan, Eli Manning, Rivers, Big Ben, Vick, and arguably Carson Palmer (gets down to personal prefs).

Another 4 or 5 have had some success as NFL QB, but the jury's still out or they haven't quite lived up to expectations - Sanchez, Alex Smith, Jay Cutler, Vince Young, Daunte Culpepper, Donovan McNabb - you could have a reasonable debate whether they're better/worse/about the same as our homeboy.

Then there are the 8 or so who are busts by anyone's definition - the likes of JaBustus Russell, Akili Smith, Byron Leftwich.

Now the odds of picking up a top-notch guy may be better in the 1st round than later, but it's far less than the sure bet so many like to paint it as.

Im always sarcastic ;)

And I agree with your post 100%

30-17 record when starting is pretty good.

But I would only want him if he came cheap, less than 2 million a year, and that is very unlikely.

In my view, Fitzpatrick will be a in the pro bowl this year, but if he gets hurt, the Bills will suck...

And no one has called him.... You have to ask why

Well, then, he must be going to....Miami!

It may depend upon what Miami can get in the draft

You guys would not want to have to play this guy twice a year...Say what you want, but the last time we faced him, he whipped us.

I wish some of you stop acting as if you know these ppl personally b/c you don't...

Him being a headcase does not mean he is not better that Thigpen, he clearly is better than our backup.

With that said, no I don't want him, but he would be worth a sit down...Last I checked we were looking to upgrade, and Yes he does have a winning record in this league!!!

Go Bills!!!

You guys would not want to have to play this guy twice a year...Say what you want, but the last time we faced him, he whipped us.

I wish some of you stop acting as if you know these ppl personally b/c you don't...

Him being a headcase does not mean he is not better that Thigpen, he clearly is better than our backup.

With that said, no I don't want him, but he would be worth a sit down...Last I checked we were looking to upgrade, and Yes he does have a winning record in this league!!!

Go Bills!!!

Ya when Trent "I can't beat the Browns" Edwards was our QB and Dickie J was about to be fired