"Good defense makes good offense"

As we approach the 2012 draft this quote keeps sticking in my mind. Further more Nix & Co don't seem too concern about the LT position. Well I think that not signing Meachum was a a bit of a disappointment for our front office I don't think that they are devastated by it. While LT and a 2nd WR are areas of need I don't think that it's as a high of a priority as we think that it is. In other interviews CBs were emphasized as a position of interest/priority in the administration's mindset. While not knowing what will unfold in this year's draft I find myself trying to decipher what will happen for us. Barring any trades I think that the following would make sense if it were to happen.

Indianapolis-QB Andrew Luck

Washington-QB Robert Griffin

Minnesota-OT Matt Kalil

Cleveland-RB Trent Richardson

Tampa Bay-CB Morris Claiborne

St Louis-WR Justin Blackmon

Jacksonville-DE Quinton Coples

Miami-QB Ryan Tannehill

Carolina-DT Dontari Poe

Buffalo-CB Stephon Gilmore

I don't see the Bills drafting the available OTs and WRs at the #10 spot and the best available player and position of importance to a team points to Gilmore. I don't envision the Bills going for LB Luke Kuechlythat, especially that he doesn't play behind the line of scrimmage and this position can be addressed with a mid round pick anyways. I believe in the 2nd rd we will be looking to take a OT and in the 3rd a WR. What really concerns me the most though is what we have at the QB position. While Fitz may be more than serviceable have to question Thigpen and what else we have as a back up. Once this draft is over I would really would like to have confidence at this position but as of right now to say that I'm a little nervous about it would be an understatement.

I really do like the emphasis they have been putting on our D. As already shown our offense healthy can rack up some numbers. If we get a D that can hold (pause) even Tom Brady, we might be playoff caliber. For superbowl I'd say we'd still need an O-line and 1 or 2 WR's.

I don't see the Bills drafting the available OTs and WRs at the #10 spot and the best available player and position of importance to a team points to Gilmore. I don't envision the Bills going for LB Luke Kuechlythat, especially that he doesn't play behind the line of scrimmage and this position can be addressed with a mid round pick anyways. I believe in the 2nd rd we will be looking to take a OT and in the 3rd a WR. What really concerns me the most though is what we have at the QB position. While Fitz may be more than serviceable have to question Thigpen and what else we have as a back up. Once this draft is over I would really would like to have confidence at this position but as of right now to say that I'm a little nervous about it would be an understatement.

I agree, if we can snag a decent QB as back up I would love it. However I wouldn't be upset if they didn't grab one this year. We have so many holes to fill and as our offense stands (as long as nobody goes down) It's fairly decent. If Fitzy ever goes down and Thigpen has to take over I'll just stick to watching the highlights of the game....

Edited by billsfan2003

I DO NOT LIKE THE IDEA OF TAKING A CB UNLESS HE'S THE 2ND COMING OF EVERSON WALLS.

With our new improved line, our DBs are going to be a lot better. And now that we have a real DC instead of the impostor we had the last 2 years we'll be find at DB.

I'm all for BPA, but if there is a 1A to Gilmore at a position we need help at such as OLine or WR, go for that instead IMHO.

This team needs O tackles IMO.

The starters for next year right on the O line include Pears and Hairston.

What is these guys don't pan out, get hurt, or just aren't that good?

:blink:

I DO NOT LIKE THE IDEA OF TAKING A CB UNLESS HE'S THE 2ND COMING OF EVERSON WALLS.

With our new improved line, our DBs are going to be a lot better. And now that we have a real DC instead of the impostor we had the last 2 years we'll be find at DB.

I'm all for BPA, but if there is a 1A to Gilmore at a position we need help at such as OLine or WR, go for that instead IMHO.

+ 1 + 1 + 1

:thumbsup:

As we approach the 2012 draft this quote keeps sticking in my mind. Further more Nix & Co don't seem too concern about the LT position.

What about what Nix has said on the matter: http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/03/26/will-bills-draft-more-than-1-ot/

Buffalo has a pressing positional need at left tackle. Appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio, Bills GM Buddy Nix didn’t deny the need even indicating they may dip into the offensive tackle talent pool more than once in late April.

“Depth at tackle is problem,” said Nix. ”We’ve got depth inside. We’ve got guards and centers that can play in there. Last year we lost two left tackles and Levitre moved out there and he did a commendable job, but we’ve got to have at least one top tackle in the draft and another guy that we can develop.”

Nix believes there are “two or three” offensive tackles in the draft class that can start on day one. He obviously would not divulge the names of those prospects. What’s interesting is the Bills GM may it sound as if the club may take a second tackle in the draft even if they take one early.

Why Everson Walls?