obamacare

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The additional obligations, when combined with existing Medicare and Medicaid funding shortfalls, leaves taxpayers on the hook for an extra $82 trillion over the next 75 years.

LOL

Talk about a useful article.

I'm still trying to find an article stating how this will be deficit neutral. Or even that it will cost what it was originally predicted to cost.

I'm still trying to find an article stating how this will be deficit neutral. Or even that it will cost what it was originally predicted to cost.

You won't. Can't be predicted honestly. At least if one guy says one thing there is another saying the opposite. My uninformed opinion.

Edited by dayman

The best precursor we have is the latest CBO projections. Originally the bill was suppose to have cost a little over a trillion dollars between years 3 and 13. Now the newest projects are roughly about 40% higher than originally expected at 1.76 Trillion.

You won't. Can't be predicted honestly. At least if one guy says one thing there is another saying the opposite. My uninformed opinion.

The best precursor we have is the latest CBO projections. Originally the bill was suppose to have cost a little over a trillion dollars between years 3 and 13. Now the newest projects are roughly about 40% higher than originally expected at 1.76 Trillion.

Yep, no one knows how much this will truly cost, so my expectations are that the original projection will at least be off by a factor of 5. Based on history.

It is uninformed. Do any realistic actuarial projection of the demographic trends, unlimited medical costs, unchecked entitlements vs tax revenues and then tell me which guy will be closer to the truth.

It is uninformed. Do any realistic actuarial projection of the demographic trends, unlimited medical costs, unchecked entitlements vs tax revenues and then tell me which guy will be closer to the truth.

The Obama guy?

The Obama guy?

LOL! "The Obama guy" already said it would be deficit neutral and you could keep your own plan. Both have been proven false.

Although I guess it depends on what your definition of "truth" is?

LOL! "The Obama guy" already said it would be deficit neutral and you could keep your own plan. Both have been proven false.

Although I guess it depends on what your definition of "truth" is?

I was just being facetious w/ that post

Just saw that Romney is going after Barry and ignoring his rivals (Newt will be finished this Tuesday, while Ricky seems to want the humiliation of losing in his "home" state). He was talking about how Barry used $500B in Medicare funds to pay for Obamacare. And there's no way to spin that. Taking $500M will hurt Medicare, while if Barry says that it will be replaced with another bill, the original pricetag, which has already increased 100%, will have been a bold-faced lie.

Just saw that Romney is going after Barry and ignoring his rivals (Newt will be finished this Tuesday, while Ricky seems to want the humiliation of losing in his "home" state). He was talking about how Barry used $500B in Medicare funds to pay for Obamacare. And there's no way to spin that. Taking $500M will hurt Medicare, while if Barry says that it will be replaced with another bill, the original pricetag, which has already increased 100%, will have been a bold-faced lie.

So what's the point here? That he'll stir up a bunch of scare tactics concerning Medicare just to secure the Medicare vote that would rather die than vote Obama anyway?

So what's the point here? That he'll stir up a bunch of scare tactics concerning Medicare just to secure the Medicare vote that would rather die than vote Obama anyway?

The elderly were split in the last election 51% (McCain) to 49% (Barry). The more Romney scares them (and scare tactics are used by Barry just as much as anyone else), the more he can increase that number. While exposing the chicanery behind Obamacare.

The elderly were split in the last election 51% (McCain) to 49% (Barry). The more Romney scares them (and scare tactics are used by Barry just as much as anyone else), the more he can increase that number. While exposing the chicanery behind Obamacare.

Did not realize the elderly were so split last election. Either way if he can't put forth concrete examples of what Medicare benefits will be destroyed then I don't see how he's going to turn this into anything significant.

Did not realize the elderly were so split last election. Either way if he can't put forth concrete examples of what Medicare benefits will be destroyed then I don't see how he's going to turn this into anything significant.

"Concrete examples?" Do you understand how campaigning works?

Here's a hint: "Republican War on Women."

Fair point. But if there's one thing Obama & Co. will know/be ready for it's the healthcare plan. So I wouldn't go waltzing around making claims I can't back up in that arena if I were Romney. That's one area where the Obama camp will actively seek to clarify, explain, and debunk any and all claims. The real truth though is if gets by the SC then what is Romney going to do? Nobody expects the Dems to lose the Senate. It's the law. Contrary to what would-be Emperor Gingrich claims, no Repub President can just "sign an executive order day 1 repealing Obama care."

Edited by dayman

Fair point. But if there's one thing Obama & Co. will know/be ready for it's the healthcare plan. So I wouldn't go waltzing around making claims I can't back up in that arena if I were Romney. That's one area where the Obama camp will actively seek to clarify, explain, and debunk any and all claims. The real truth though is if gets by the SC then what is Romney going to do? Nobody expects the Dems to lose the Senate. It's the law. Contrary to what would-be Emperor Gingrich claims, no Repub President can just "sign an executive order day 1 repealing Obama care."

What makes you think that President Obama and his crew will 'actively seek to clarify, explain, ...' ANYTHING? He's had over 2-1/2 years to clarify and explain Obamacare since it passed. He hasn't attempted to do it yet.

And '(n)obody expects the Dems to lose the Senate?' Really? Noone expects the Senate to flip with the preponderance of seats up for grab having a 'D' attached to them?

Any more gems, Keith?

From an email I got yesterday:

We are down to the final few hours before this first FEC deadline of 2012. Falling short would signal to Karl Rove and the Republican SuperPACs that we don't have the resources to defend President Obama and Democratic candidates. We simply can't show that kind of weakness. They would destroy us.

Missing this goal would put the Republicans one step closer to total control of Washington -- and the end of Medicare and women's rights as we know them.

We both care deeply about progressive issues. That's why I'm asking tonight if you would please help us with $5 before the clock reaches midnight. These final contributions could be the ones that make the difference between winning and a GOP takeover.

Thank you again for your dedicated support,

Patty Murray