Jason Gildon, DE

Lauvale Sape, DT

Constantin Ritzman, DE

Ron Edwards, DT

Gerald Dixon, CB

Pierson Prioleau, S

Jabari Greer, CB

Williams, Jason Peters, McFarland, Ritzman and Greer stay for the PS

If the front office keeps 4 QBs on the roster, I think the the D line will take the hit. As much as Pucillo took a step back, he may stay to keep experience at guard and release Sullivan instead.

Comments? :angry:

Ron Edwards? I've got no love for the guy, but he has proven to be as solid 3rd guy as you could ask for. Has Bannan improved that much?

I also hope you're wrong about Shaud. Simonton has been cut by us before and I don't see that changing this year.

I see Dorenbos getting cut...they are already phasing him out by having other players work the snapping duties.

13178[/snapback]

Well, they tried that Saturday night, anyway.

We saw what happened. :angry:

Could Dorenbos get cut? It's always a possibility, but I'm guessing they'd do it only if they absolutely couldn't live without that roster spot....

To answer the question on NFL Europe exemptions they only count from the cut to 80 to 65, once we go to 53 there are no exemptions.

So Here's my list of 15:

DT Justin Bannan

FB Joe Burns

CB Gerald Dixon

OT Jasen Esposito

WR Drew Haddad

SS Pierson Prioleau

OG Mike Pucillo

DE Constantin Ritzmann

DT Lauvale Sape

RB Ken Simonton

TE Rodney Trafford

QB Greg Zolman

WR Jonathan Smith

OT Dylan McFarland

FB Luke Lawton

PRACTICE SQUAD

QB Greg Zolman (or Brian St. Pierre)

WR Jonathan Smith

OT Dylan McFarland

FB Luke Lawton

DE Constantin Ritzmann (or DE from Other team)

---------------------------------------

CB Lawrence Richardson

S From Other Team

OG/C From Other Team

Here's my list of 15:

DT Justin Bannan

FB Joe Burns

CB Gerald Dixon

OT Jasen Esposito

WR Drew Haddad

SS Pierson Prioleau

OG  Mike Pucillo

DE  Constantin Ritzmann

DT  Lauvale Sape

RB  Ken Simonton

TE Rodney Trafford

QB Greg Zolman

WR Jonathan Smith

OT Dylan McFarland

FB Luke Lawton

PRACTICE SQUAD

QB Greg Zolman (or Brian St. Pierre)

WR Jonathan Smith

OT Dylan McFarland

FB Luke Lawton

---------------------------------------

CB Lawrence Richardson

S From Other Team

DE From Other Team

OG/C From Other Team

13218[/snapback]

That list makes a bit more sense. I don't see us dropping PP though. How has Bannan been in pre-season? For some reason I like him and hope he gets another shot.

That list makes a bit more sense.  I don't see us dropping PP though.  How has Bannan been in pre-season? For some reason I like him and hope he gets another shot.

13226[/snapback]

As far as I can tell Bannan been non existant, hence listing on my cut list. The reason I see us letting PP go as he's been weeded out as Coy Wire is likely to replace Milloy the first few weeks (and then return as a backup) and Rashad Baker is likely going to backing up Reese and don't see us keeping 5 Safeties. Not to mention we might get a little cap space letting him go.

I see Dorenbos getting cut...they are already phasing him out by having other players work the snapping duties.

13178[/snapback]

Gee, my take was that they're just trying to see who else can snap effectively. From the looks of things, however, Dorenbos is still the best snapper in camp.

I don't see how we cut Prioleau right now. That would leave us in a bind at SS unless we plan on picking up another SS somewhere else.

Keeping 4 QB's is an unwise decision. Now that Matthews is here, we should find a way to release Brown. I feel bad for the guy but taking away a roster spot from someone is doesn't make sense.

I don't see how we cut Prioleau right now.  That would leave us in a bind at SS unless we plan on picking up another SS somewhere else. 

Keeping 4 QB's is an unwise decision.  Now that Matthews is here, we should find a way to release Brown.  I feel bad for the guy but taking away a roster spot from someone is doesn't make sense.

13325[/snapback]

Agree. Matthews has started 20+ NFL games and had pretty good stats to boot.

It's always tough to cut a guy because of an injury, but Brown looked mediocre at best this camp. If he had to come in for DB, the game would essentially be lost anyway. I think Matthews can probably run a scaled-down offense better than Brown can run the full playbook, if it comes down to that.

The most graceful way out would be to put Brown on IR and give him a year's salary. But in the cold, heartless world of the salary cap, this probably couldn't be justified.

If Matthews looks at all effective on Thursday, I think Brown might be a casualty.