Dennis Dixon

If hes so good why is he generating no interest except to compete with Caleb Hannie?

Maybe the steelers didnt trust him

This feels like Troy Smith all over again...the guy the Bills were crazy not to go after, even though nobody else was really interested in him either.

I think he wants a chance to start somewhere. I could be wrong,but he would be an excellent replacement candidate for Thigpen.

A chance to start somewhere?

No offense to the young man, but isn't he a 3rd string QB at the moment?

When you're a 3rd stringer and have never started, you hope to become the #2, possibly in a situation where you could compete for the starting job

#3 to starter would be quite the leap

A chance to start somewhere?

No offense to the young man, but isn't he a 3rd string QB at the moment?

When you're a 3rd stringer and have never started, you hope to become the #2, possibly in a situation where you could compete for the starting job

#3 to starter would be quite the leap

I think if we gave up Spiller and a 4th we could Bring in Mallet. Maybe throw in our first to sweeten the deal

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if that is because he is a better QB or if its a matter of Painter knowing his role and expecting less compensation for it. Not saying that this is the case, because for all I know, Dixon may actually suck that much.

Jim Caldwell is their new QB coach, no surprise here. What's shocking is that Kyle Boller got a tryout.

Of course.

I already made the point that Bills Assistant GM Doug Whaley was in Pittsburgh for 2+ years with Dixon but I'm curious as to the opinion of an Oregon fan about a former Oregon player… especially as it runs counter to the prevailing opinion around here.

Looking for some insight.

I'm not an Oregon fan but live here and wathced him. He is simply too small to play the game. He is significantly thinner than RG3 and nowhere near the athlete Vick or Newton is. I'm not trying to compare him only to black QB's and ironically he looks like Tommy Maddux did when Denver drafted him. He has decent arm strength but has had a number of injuries. He is too small to take a beating.

All that being said, had he not blown out his ACL, he would have won the Heisman and Oregon would have played in the national championship game his senior year. He was having a magical senior year.

I'm not an Oregon fan but live here and wathced him. He is simply too small to play the game. He is significantly thinner than RG3 and nowhere near the athlete Vick or Newton is. I'm not trying to compare him only to black QB's and ironically he looks like Tommy Maddux did when Denver drafted him. He has decent arm strength but has had a number of injuries. He is too small to take a beating.

All that being said, had he not blown out his ACL, he would have won the Heisman and Oregon would have played in the national championship game his senior year. He was having a magical senior year.

Thanks. I haven't seen him play football since what you aptly described as a magical season. So I haven't seen him in the context of NFL players. I knew he wasn't huge but I didn't know he had a slight frame.

I think he wants a chance to start somewhere. I could be wrong,but he would be an excellent replacement candidate for Thigpen.

Yet Thigpen had a really good year under Chan in KC and credits David Lee with helping him improve in Miami. I'm of the opinion we should give him this season to show us something, and, if he doesn't, then we go looking to replace him.