Luke Keuchly and Tank Carder

PIZ

I have seen these 2 guys in a few games and every time, these are the 2 guys that stood out on their defense. I am not versed enough on defenses, especially the 4-3 defense, so I'm not sure where these 2 guys would fit in. Do we have a spot for them? Are they similar players? Could these 2 players be on the field at the same time?

What are the names of the linebacker positions in a 4-3?

I'm asking for info from someone who knows more about LBs in a 4-3 defense. All I know is that I'd love to have both of them on the Bills. Where are they expected to be drafted?

Agreed, he was not one of the guys. I think he is small for our defense but as a mid round pick he sure brings quality. And as for Kuechly I am certain they are considering him at 10, mostly depends if they feel he can play OLB.

Edited by billsfan905

Agreed, he was not one of the guys. I think he is small for our defense but as a mid round pick he sure brings quality. And as for Kuechly I am certain they are considering him at 10, mostly depends if they feel he can play OLB.

Do they both play OLB? If we had these 2 guys added, what would the defense look like as far as linebackers?

No he wasn't, where can you find anything invoving him in the bust?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Major-Drug-Bust-Hits-TCU-Campus-139355758.html

His name isn't listed as one of the 18

Was just going to say this.

Also would like to add Lavonte David and Ronnell Lewis to the list.

We don't need big LBs anymore and Tank is much more physical than Kuechly just not as fast.

Do they both play OLB? If we had these 2 guys added, what would the defense look like as far as linebackers?

There both listed as inside LBs but could easily switch to the outside.

43 backers are smaller than 34 LBs because they don't take on O-lineman as much as 34 LBs who are the main passrushers in that defense and have one less D-lineman to take up blockers:

SAM - strongside LB - plays the TE side of the defense which is usually the left side of the defense and is more physical than the weak side.

Mike - middle LB - plays in the middle needs to play side sideline to side line.

WILL - weakside LB - plays on the weak side which has less offensive players on that side of the field, is a smaller faster LB that can run plays down from the back side.

Just was on youtube and stumbled across multiple highlights of Vontaze Burfict. The guy looks to be a beast. I wish we had that intimadation on this defense. When I was looking at Keuchly and Carder, I was expecting big hits like I saw from Burfict....really didn't see any. I think every tackle Burfict made was a big intimidating hit. What is the knock on him?

Just was on youtube and stumbled across multiple highlights of Vontaze Burfict. The guy looks to be a beast. I wish we had that intimadation on this defense. When I was looking at Keuchly and Carder, I was expecting big hits like I saw from Burfict....really didn't see any. I think every tackle Burfict made was a big intimidating hit. What is the knock on him?

This blurb per Rotoworld:

"This guy had a second-round grade at one point," noted NFL Net's Charley Casserly. Burfict is going to work out for NFL teams again next week, but he's been out of shape and thoroughly underwhelming throughout the pre-draft process. We wouldn't expect Burfict to be drafted before the sixth round. Mar. 23 - 7:07 pm et

Edited by Punch

Out of shape, slow, plays past the whistle.... For starters

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664141/vontaze-burfict

He's not as instinctive as his reputation might lead you to believe, has a soft build and hasn't shown any real improvement since first stepping onto the ASU campus.

Intangibles: His utter lack of discipline is a major concern for scouts; draws too many personal foul flags for late hits and constantly talks with officials and opponents. Has reportedly matured during over the past year, becoming a vocal leader on the field and in the locker room. Removed from starting line-up for one game in 2010 for head-butting Oregon State QB Ryan Katz. Stamina could be improved.