Last Hoorah

zazie

I have noticed as has everyone, that the Bills have a new attitude and willingness to spend and take concrete steps towards fielding a competetive team.

Is this a shift in the philosophy of RW? Or did Brandon do a cost benefit analysis for Littman that showed he could sell enough more tickets to make the big signings worth it? I actually feel RW has given the marching orders to try and do better finally, maybe he feels mortal. The SJ signing and the Mario signing could both be attriuted to selling tickets only (a la TO a few years back), but the followup signing for good money of another in demand free agent signals something different to me.

I hope these coaches can make the reality out of this fanatsy of an off season.

The Bills need to bring something too the table for the lease negotiations. They want a 100 million in upgrades. The need to field a good competitive product is not lost amongst the bean counters on OBD, for the political naysayers.

I am all in favor of selling naming rights to the stadium. It would help with the cost of upgrades. Wegman's Stadium?

I'm not in the Ralph-Is-Cheap cult. He has shown a willingness to pay in the past. And I believe Nix when he says that Wilson doesn't handcuff him.

I think the difference this year is that there was one FA out there that they desperately wanted. With the Bills going back to the 3-4 and lacking anyone who can pressure the QB, Mario Williams was a perfect fit. To sweeten the attraction, Mario is in the prime of his career and the kind of high-character, team-player that Buddy and Chan prefer.

I just don't think they've been enamored with anyone in recent Free Agencies like they were with Mario.

To give Mario a bookend, we've now signed Anderson and don't have to worry about finding a DE in the draft.

I don't think Nix wants to win anymore than Marv did nor do I think he's getting more cash to play with (other than the cap has gone up). I do think Nix is a better GM than Marv and is doing a better job targeting the right players.

Perhaps its as simple as they felt the talent this year matched the dollars in free agency?

The building through the draft (and other ways, waivers and practice squad raids) were designed to save money and be able to make a splash this year. I think the FO also must feel some pressure to win now after 2 losing seasons. I never went much with the Ralph was cheap stuff but at times he has been a really bad owner. If this was just a perfect storm of circumstance and MW was there just at the right time, well I am happy with that. Also the labor agreement must have something to do with this.

I think it must be Nix and company pushing for more big name free agents, perfect free agent fit with Mario. Also Mr. Wilson knows he is really old, reallllly old, so maybe a extra push towards throwing money at players for a extra splash. But I think the Bills have tried to sign lots of good free agents the last 20 years, it just seems that most free agents have wanted to play elsewhere, for what ever reasons. Location also has hurt the Bills, Im positive that people want to live in warmer places (wussies), bigger cities, too bad because lots of people are crazy diehards for the Bills and the Bills track record alone gives us "Best Fans Award". With a season of winning we will start to draw more players. ALSO BILLS STAY WHERE THEY ARE OR ITS A CRIME TO THE NFL FANS, I LIVE IN L.A. AND DONT WANT MY BILLS MOVED HERE, lets win a Super Bowl for our great fans. LETS GO BUFFALO!!

The signings were ALL about trying to gain some leverage w the state and county in the stadium improvement and lease negotiations. Wilson does not have the threat to move the team like he did in 98 he has to regain some fan support if he is to have any leverage .

The signings were ALL about trying to gain some leverage w the state and county in the stadium improvement and lease negotiations. Wilson does not have the threat to move the team like he did in 98 he has to regain some fan support if he is to have any leverage .

LOL...you really and truly believe the fans mean anything???

I disagree. I think the signings were about making the team better.

IT IS ABOUT WINNING.

Stadium lease will be renewed. Albany stands to gain too much in tax revenue for it not to happen. The terms of the lease may change but the signing has no impact other than a talking point for local politicians and pundits who have no real say in the matter.

Selling more tickets is a by-product. This is a far cry from TO.

Be prepared for Albany to play hardball on the improvement $'s they know Wilson can't threaten to move the team while he owns it. Brandon and Littman are going to have have a hard time in these negotiations