tommie harris and okoye still available

somebody tell me these guys wouldnt be immediate upgrades over johnson and edwards?

harris had 3 sacks last year and only started one game

okoye had 4 sacks and only started 1 game

both still very young, okoye 24 and harris 28

GO GET EM!

I really like Okoye. Big, strong, and athletic. I think he needs to learn how to play smart, but the physical tools are there. I followed him a little bit throughout the year after watching him in pre-season.

I think hes prime for a breakout year

Why are they available still? Thats the first question id ask

Harris seems injured a lot, and Okoye seems to have never reached his considerable potential. He came into the league really really young if I remember correctly.

Harris seems injured a lot, and Okoye seems to have never reached his considerable potential. He came into the league really really young if I remember correctly.

yea harris had some sort of injury last year and was playing out of position i believe in a 3-4.

okoye is a 4 year vet coming into the league at 20. He's just now starting to hit his stride.

Why are they available still? Thats the first question id ask

There's questins marks surrounding any of the available free agents. The top tier got signed, now we're in the 2nd and 3rd tier. Doesn't mean they're not good football players.

Notwithstanding injury issues, with Tommie Harris you've got to ask if his head is in the right place to play football after the passing of his wife Ashley. I'm not even sure he's out on free agent trips.

There's questins marks surrounding any of the available free agents. The top tier got signed, now we're in the 2nd and 3rd tier. Doesn't mean they're not good football players.

O im not saying they are bad football players but these are two relative names out there at an important position I just wonder if there is a reason why there has been little interest? Major injury? Malcontent? Suspensions?

somebody tell me these guys wouldnt be immediate upgrades over johnson and edwards?

What makes upgrades to Johnson and Edwards relevant?

Our line right now will be Williams-Dareus-Williams-Kelsay (or maybe Williams-Williams-Dareus-Kelsay), with Merriman if healthy as a situational pass rusher or if really healthy, possibly displaces Kelsey.

If we sign Anderson, it will be a rotation of Kelsay and Anderson. We have Carrington as depth, and possibly Moats or Batten depending upon the draft and how they are seen as 4-3 LB

Johnson and Edwards are relatively highly paid and will quite likely be cut.

Harris and Okoye are neither upgrades on Kelsay/Merriman/Anderson or young enough to develop like Carrington/draftee.

Would like Okoye a lot. I think, similar to Mario, he was lost in the scheme change and fits much better in a 4-3 than 3-4.

Didn't know that about Harris, I feel bad for the guy. Widower with two kids at 29. I do think, however, locker room-wise this would be a good place for him.

What makes upgrades to Johnson and Edwards relevant?

Our line right now will be Williams-Dareus-Williams-Kelsay (or maybe Williams-Williams-Dareus-Kelsay), with Merriman if healthy as a situational pass rusher or if really healthy, possibly displaces Kelsey.

If we sign Anderson, it will be a rotation of Kelsay and Anderson. We have Carrington as depth, and possibly Moats or Batten depending upon the draft and how they are seen as 4-3 LB

Johnson and Edwards are relatively highly paid and will quite likely be cut.

Harris and Okoye are neither upgrades on Kelsay/Merriman/Anderson or young enough to develop like Carrington/draftee.

they are defensive tackles not ends, did you see how bad our d sucked when williams went down? we have ZERO DEPTH AT TACKLE, you are talking about ends....

they are defensive tackles not ends, did you see how bad our d sucked when williams went down? we have ZERO DEPTH AT TACKLE, you are talking about ends....

Yep. Unless Troup comes through