Waive Kelsey, draft Quinton Coples DE North Carolina

TheKidd

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of points ... first, the best available LT appears to be this guy named Bell. There are no 'better than average' LT's out there.

Second, all this Kelsay hate clearly comes from those who did not watch him when he played with his hand down. He did his job,

which wasn't necessarily to make the big play but if you watched him play from the DE position you will see him pressuring the quarterback, pushing the run back inside and pursuing with energy when the plays were on the other side. He is not going to be a superstar but he is a quality player and to just cut him is foolishness. Third, Dwan really doesn't fit in this new D based on his history but the coaches know best and we finally have a D coach who knows his stuff so I will trust Dave W. to make the right decisions!

You just HAD to bring up the Denver tape, didn't you? :doh:

He did nothing for 2 straight season before that game, and he had his hand in the dirt 90% of time.

If your plan is to get rid of Kelsay why would you waive him and take a cap hit? Try to trade him and get something for it. Waiving a player with some kind of value is like using money to wipe your a$$.

Because he's good enough that someone would trade for him? No.

If your plan is to get rid of Kelsay why would you waive him and take a cap hit? Try to trade him and get something for it. Waiving a player with some kind of value is like using money to wipe your a$$.

What team do you envision wanting to trade a pick for him and assume his existing contract? I doubt they'd find anyone, although I'm sure they'd try.

No don't get me wrong. I wasn't intending on getting rid of Kelsay. We need depth at the position. The OP stated to waive him and I said why would you waive a player still under contract and take a cap hit when if you don't want him you try to trade him. Even for a 6th rounder. I believe Kelsay is worth anywhere between a 5th or a 6th rounder.

If Nix was smart he would release Kelsey. The guy is NOT worth what he is making. Take that money, add a little that you saved from Roscoe Parrish, and sign a good free agent

OFFENSIVE TACKLE to replace Bell who is just about gone. Draft Quinton Coples DE to replace Kelsey.

Def line would be: Mario Williams (1st round) -- Kyle Williams (5th round) -- Marcel Dareus (1st round) -- Quinton Coples (1st round)

Not too shabby, you would have three former 1st round draft picks on the line.

You won't need to draft an offensive tackle with the first pick if you take the Kelsey money and sign a good left tackle. 2nd round grab a wide receiver, hopefully Stephen Hill*, WR, Georgia Tech.

Height: 6-4. Weight: 215.

40 Time: 4.36. 10-Yd Split: 1.20.

Vertical: 39.5

Then use the rest of your picks (3,4,4,5,6,7) on linebackers, DBs, and maybe a tight end.

the first line "If" Nix were smart - give the guys some respect -and I stopped reading

Edited by CardinalScotts

No don't get me wrong. I wasn't intending on getting rid of Kelsay. We need depth at the position. The OP stated to waive him and I said why would you waive a player still under contract and take a cap hit when if you don't want him you try to trade him. Even for a 6th rounder. I believe Kelsay is worth anywhere between a 5th or a 6th rounder.

No team has Kelsay on their radar. He was never very good and now he's past his prime. He has zero value. 5th or 6th rounder is a pipe dream . If you watch "real" film on Kelsay, without the Tebow stuff, he was a huge liability. Never snuffed out a screen pass, never stuffed a run, couldn't get to Dalton before the "tuck," couldn't deflect a pass, couldn't even get close to Brady. I'm done. If he's on this team next year, playoffs will be impossible. Any time a team needs an easy 10 yard gain, they just run it right at Kelsay.

No team has Kelsay on their radar. He was never very good and now he's past his prime. He has zero value. 5th or 6th rounder is a pipe dream . If you watch "real" film on Kelsay, without the Tebow stuff, he was a huge liability. Never snuffed out a screen pass, never stuffed a run, couldn't get to Dalton before the "tuck," couldn't deflect a pass, couldn't even get close to Brady. I'm done. If he's on this team next year, playoffs will be impossible. Any time a team needs an easy 10 yard gain, they just run it right at Kelsay.

OK coach.

Keep Kelsay and let Dwan Edwards go, the move saves about $4 million in cap space. If they need 9 DL, the group could be:

DE: M. Williams, Kelsay, Carrington,

DT: K. Williams, Dareus, Troup, Heard

DE/DT: S. Johnson

Consider Merriman a LB or DE? How about Arthur Moats?

I'm assuming if healthy (big "if") Merriman could well be a starting DE. I don't think he (or Kelsay) will play anymore LB.

Johnson is really just a DT. Agree Edwards is gone - he doesn't have a position in this scheme except maybe DT of which we now have 6.

The logic on this board never ceases to amaze me. We have 2 4-3 DE on the roster with no depth and you want to cut one to replace him with a rookie? Its pretty clear that we need both and it wont be Couples with the questionable work ethic. Maybe more like Curry in the second. Stick to being GM on Madden

For a guy that wasn't impactful on the left side where he's played his whole career, I think switching is going to present a huge problem, especially when you consider the Left Tackle is usually the opponents best lineman.

For these reasons (not because I'm rooting for it), I think Kelsay is going to struggle to stay on the team.

It's usually the better of the two tackles, however at LE you're also more often dealing with a TE lining up on your side which often impedes the LEs pass rush, and are rushing from the QBs front side.

If Nix was smart he would release Kelsey. The guy is NOT worth what he is making. Take that money, add a little that you saved from Roscoe Parrish, and sign a good free agent

OFFENSIVE TACKLE to replace Bell who is just about gone. Draft Quinton Coples DE to replace Kelsey.

Def line would be: Mario Williams (1st round) -- Kyle Williams (5th round) -- Marcel Dareus (1st round) -- Quinton Coples (1st round)

Not too shabby, you would have three former 1st round draft picks on the line.

You won't need to draft an offensive tackle with the first pick if you take the Kelsey money and sign a good left tackle. 2nd round grab a wide receiver, hopefully Stephen Hill*, WR, Georgia Tech.

Height: 6-4. Weight: 215.

40 Time: 4.36. 10-Yd Split: 1.20.

Vertical: 39.5

Then use the rest of your picks (3,4,4,5,6,7) on linebackers, DBs, and maybe a tight end.

Nix made a statement regarding Coples when he signed Mario Williams. If he thought Coples could play he would not have signed Williams for 50 mil guaranteed. I do not think they will draft Coples.

Alright man listen, you can laugh all you want thats fine. I love internet thugs! You're grammar is whats really comical (Kelsay not Kelsey). You sign up before you get 10 posts/replies in on being on TBD you start bashing the Bills. Classy bruh!! I'll give you Marshawn Lynch being a mistake but Lee Evans had an awesome year right? Aaron Maybin brought the Jets to the playoffs too huh? and Willis McGahee is better than the any of the running backs that we have now? A decent draft pick doesn't have to be a first rounder, it can be a 4th or even a 5th. Next time you want to post about why it would be such a good idea to make roster moves in 3 sentences why don't you state some facts about it? Here i'll do it for you, Kelsay is due to make $5.8M this year if we release him we take a $2.2M hit in dead cap space that counts towards next year, which in theory wouldn't be all that bad of a move. If he'll restructure (maybe for his base of like $3m) his contract you might be able to keep a veteran who's a decent player incase of an injury. This isn't Madden12 there's a lot more that goes into cutting someone who's going into their 2nd year of a $28+ million dollar contract. Next year if we release him we'd save over $4M instead of $2.2M

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/chris-kelsay/

You really need to take a reading comprehension course so you can understand what you're reading! The thread was about Buffalo getting a decent return for a player. When you spend 4 first round draft picks and get a 4th rounder in return that's pretty BAD no matter how dumb you are.

The logic on this board never ceases to amaze me. We have 2 4-3 DE on the roster with no depth and you want to cut one to replace him with a rookie? Its pretty clear that we need both and it wont be Couples with the questionable work ethic. Maybe more like Curry in the second. Stick to being GM on Madden

The Bills brass needs to stick to Madden. They have the worst draft record of all the teams in the AFC east. Look at the 1st round mistakes by the Bills. You can't even count them all. But you fans wouldn't know a successful organization if it slapped you in the face. Why do you think the Bills haven't made the playoffs this WHOLE century. They draft the wrong guys. As low as the Bills finish every year the team should be loaded with young stars,. They have nothing to show for finishing at the bottom every single year.

You have to feel sorry for Mario Williams. He just threw away the rest of his career for money. He'll never win a champiohship with Buffalo. Just like Takeo Spikes. Going to Buffalo is a waste of a time.

Nix made a statement regarding Coples when he signed Mario Williams. If he thought Coples could play he would not have signed Williams for 50 mil guaranteed. I do not think they will draft Coples.

I agree the Bills won't draft Coples or any defensive end in round 1. There is no doubt in my mind they won't. The Bills have blown more number one draft choices than any team in the NFL. They had an artcile about that not too long ago. Maybe they'll draft another running back. LOL CJ Spiller was a great pick. ROTFL. The Bills had so many needs and they drafted another running back. That was a great move, wasn't it?

I'll tell you they will pick an offensive tackle. They do need offensive lineman so it's not a bad choice. But it would have been nice to finish building the defensive line with the best bly drafting the best pass rusher available. To sum it up it doesn't really matter, they aren't going to make the playoffs anyway.

Why would you cut Kelsay, why not cut someone behind Kelsay?

Why are people here so quick to ruin our depth charts? :thumbdown:

I'm not sure ANYONE is behind Kelsay. The only good argument for not cutting him is there's nobody else to be Mario's back-up. It's his contract and cap hit that really make me want to vomit. He's making 1/3rd of what Mario makes. It should be closer to 1/10th.

You really need to take a reading comprehension course so you can understand what you're reading! The thread was about Buffalo getting a decent return for a player. When you spend 4 first round draft picks and get a 4th rounder in return that's pretty BAD no matter how dumb you are.

And you need to take a writting composition course! your post started off with...

"If Nix was smart he would release Kelsey. The guy is NOT worth what he is making"- You

So I responded as to why it wouldn't be that good of a move. If the Bills wanted to have a LT they would've kept Bell, he's the best one available. What free agent LT out there is better? I was also saying that it's not that easy to just release someone and think that your cap isn't going to reflect the move either this year or next.

O.K. I love that idea. Trade him. Now, how are you going to find another team that would be stupid enough to trade for an old, useless, over paid player? Yeah, good luck, no one wants him especially with his contract paying him way more than he is worth. DAHHH!

===============================================================================================================

The Buffalo Bills getting a decent draft pick for anyone????? Wait I can't stop laughing. Now that was funny, did you ever consider doing stand up comedy?

We take 1st round draft choices and try to get 4th round picks for them. Usually they can't even get that and just realease the guys. The Buffalo Bills are a farm club for the rest of the NFL. Lee Evan, Marshall Lynch, Willis McGahee, LB Maybin! ALL NUMBER 1s, What did we get for them???????????????????????

None of those guys wanted to stay in Buffalo except for maybe Lee. Yeah we drafted bad in the past, it is what it is dude. Why would we want players who don't want to be here? We can't go back and change that so why dwell on it. Nix know's what he's doing he didn't draft anyone of those guys. You've had at least 3 plus years to evaluate those picks, you can't really evaluate his picks yet. You talk about drafting players and making trades and releasing players to sign new ones is so easy. You think you're intelligent because your stating the most OBVIOUS facts about past draft years that every single Bills fan is aware of? give me a break dude. I started off by replying to your post in a respectable manner and you had to be a douche in response so w/e

Edited by Lincoln Osiris