Ordered 2 ipad 3s today

stevestojan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1332956647[/url]' post='2424360']

Just picked up a "New iPad" at Sam's Club for $489 so certain people in the house will stop tying up my laptop.

But, I may end up using it for a more portable Netflix viewer that I can prop right up on the windowsill while cooking and (hand)washing dishes. That should be a lot less clunky than setting up the laptop on the counter.

We'll see how it works, especially vis-a-vis transferring song files over from Windows7 (is that possible?).

I think you can transfer music, pics, etc. via iTunes in windows 7. However, if your ipad is already tied to another computer, you might could try dropbox or some similar app. But, I think iTunes is the only way to really get music on the ipad and have it show up in the music app.

1332969101[/url]' post='2424612']

Does the iPad have the retina screen on it like the iPhone does? That's the one thing I miss with the Kindle Fire I picked up to play around with...the retina screen on the iPhone is much sharper than the Kindle, although still very much watchable. I just got accustomed to the better resolution.

I believe the recently released iPad 3s have a retina display.

I think you can transfer music, pics, etc. via iTunes in windows 7. However, if your ipad is already tied to another computer, you might could try dropbox or some similar app. But, I think iTunes is the only way to really get music on the ipad and have it show up in the music app.

I saw that on a hints page last night. I'm going to have to install iTunes on my computer, as up to this point I've been satisfied with Windows Media Player.

Don't know how it's going to respond to some files WRT DRM stuff --- by and large I buy my music or I'm downloading a live performance off of YouTube or a version of something I already have on CD (or record in the attic). I don't think anybody's library is squeaky clean these days.

Yeah the iPad 3 has the retina display. I don't have much to compare it to, but it's really nice. It definitely outdoes my laptops screen, though, which claims to be high definition. I watched an episode of Doctor Who on Netflix shortly after I set this up and the picture was pretty awesome.

Got to say that I'm loving this text to speech option. I'm not someone who ever had a BlackBerry or was into texting very much, so anything that makes the transition a little easier is nice. Having to toggle between letters and numbers and then symbols on the digital keyboard is a bit of a pain in the butt. Then again, typing this out on my laptop with a mouse would have taken about a minute this has taken me about 10.... I suppose it will get easier.

Nice...that is a fine piece of technology, and on the larger iPad I'm sure it looks even more glorious than it does on the iPhone.