Ralph is Cheap!!!

How many "Ralph is Cheep threds" are we going to post.....blah...blah...blah

How about thanks Ralph for keeping a NFL Team in Western NY,

It's a running joke here at this point. Do i wish we'd all retire it? Yeah, but check back here in 5 years and posters will still be making the same joke over and over again, still thinking they're funny (but they're not).

Marauder's response unlike yours, is an appropriate one for anyone who agrees with a negative viewpoint but is actually a Buffalo Bills fan.

Good bye.

Who else here is "actually a Buffalo Bills fan?" Golly gosh, I sure hope it's me. But I don't remember submitting my application.

Farewell

If he wasn't such a cheap meddling tightwad p.I.a. he would invest his hard earned money in real coaches and front office people, and would have conducted an actual search for an actual gm.

Since he's never been willing to do that, he's paying 17 million next year to two 7th round picks in order to keep us from sliding back to 4-12 or worse.

Yes that does make him cheap.

OK so who is a real coach that you think Ralph refused to pay to come to Buffalo? Who is the genius GM that had the skills to turn this team around but was asking too much money? Is it Shanahan, the guy who we shutout and embarrassed on a neutral field last year, the guy with 11 wins in 2 years?

What about the GM? We had the best draft last year vs. the other three in our division. What brilliant GM and talent evaluator did we miss? You said Ralph never "conducted a real search for a GM" so what team DID? Dolphins? Eagles? Chiefs? Who got it right?

Your comment about paying a 7th round pick big money makes no sense at all. So we should've let Stevie walk is that what you're saying? The only back to back 1000 yard Bills receiver who is young and talented and the only NFL receiver who doesn't get shut down by Revis our division rival. What's your solution then, to let him go when we have the cap room to sign him AND he's giving us a hometown discount because we drafted him and were patient with his development?

So tell us all, who is the "real coach" or GM you're talking about? It's a pretty short list so instead of attacking the owner, lets hear your genius opinion, even WITH the benefit of hindsight.

Look, I can't stand that Ralph doesn't communicate with the fans about a succession plan for the team, but I hate when people say we haven't invested in front office people or coaches. We have an excellent head coach right now and the best GM we've had since Polian. Ask any NFL analyst about Chan or Wannstedt and they'll say we have a very solid 1/2 punch.

Experienced, driven guys that know their stuff and get the most out of their personnel. Playoff caliber coaching. Now our GM has us lined up for double picks in the 4th and 5th round with probably EVERY player from last year's draft making the team again this year.

I don't see it the way you see it at all.

Its not a "negative viewpoint".... its a fact- those contracts were necessary because Ralph can't attract, won't pay, or isnt even able to get along with serious football men who could have prevented us from needing to bend over for a couple of 7th rounders. How could anyone who knows the history of this franchise argue with this?

I see. So you are one of those folks that value pedigree over performance. "Ewwww, a 7th rounder. Lovie, get me the hand sanitizer!" You're probably pissed that you had your "Bills let Fitz and SJ get away" posts pre-written and you can't use them now.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/3/7/2852247/stevie-johnson-ryan-fitzpatrick-kyle-williams-contract-details

"Within the past calendar year, the Buffalo Bills have handed out significant contract extensions to three centerpiece players: defensive tackle Kyle Williams in August; quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick in October; and receiver Stevie Johnson just two days ago. Let's take a closer look at those three deals:

•Williams agreed to a six-year, $39 million contract with $17 million guaranteed; Fitzpatrick signed a six-year, $59 million contract with $24 million guaranteed; and Johnson this week inked a five-year, $36.25 million deal with $19.5 million guaranteed.

•Of the $60.5 million in reported (and likely guesstimated) guarantees between the three players, $23.25 million were actual signing bonuses. That's money paid for three signatures.

•Each contract contains at least one season in which a player's base salary was (or will be) fully guaranteed. Those years count toward guaranteed figures, as well.

•The Bills, over the next several years, have the option of paying these three players a further $21.45 million in option, workout and roster bonuses. These sums count toward the aforementioned guaranteed figures, but are not actually guaranteed to the players unless injury situations change - and that's only in some cases."

I can't believe that Ralph only shelled out $60.5M on 3 guaranteed contracts?! Man, Ralph is cheap!!!

Seriously, Ralph has shown that he will open up the pocketbook for good talent. With Ralph being 93, I thinking his meddling with the team is over with.

Next up for contract extensions are Fred Jackson, Eric Wood and Andy Levitre. I wonder what kind of money those players will be looking at?

Time to open the purse for super Mario.

I don't really have a problem with your post even though I disagree with it but…

These sorts of replies really annoy the crap out of me… to a negative post you make an enthusiastic affirmation (complete with exclamation point) with a SMILING FACE AND A THUMBS UP???

That sure makes it seem like you either don't really like the Bills or that you LOVE being miserable to the point of happiness.

On the other hand…

Marauder's response unlike yours, is an appropriate one for anyone who agrees with a negative viewpoint but is actually a Buffalo Bills fan.

One could also reply to the original post with something like "I have to sadly agree" or "I'd like to argue with you but I can't."

You (Frez) act like you're all happy that someone expressed a negative view of the Bills (accurate or not).

That's a really messed up reaction.

Good bye.

I live in a factual football world. I'm one of the BIGGEST Bills fans on this board. I agree with the statement that Ralph is cheap when it comes to hiring a coach and GM. That is why we have avoided any big names over the course of trying to make the playoffs once again. We have been spinning our wheels for how many years now? Do I like the job Chan and Buddy have done so far, YES I'm on board with them and fully support them as a fan. I can't help wonder though if we don't makes steps forward this coming season or the following year how long it will be before 90% of the Bills fan base will want this coaching staff and Buddy thrown out of Buffalo? Do you see the pattern here? When Chan's era is over who will Ralph hire next? My guess it probably won't be Bill Parcells or Bill Cowher.

I agreed with the post on Ralph does short change the fans when it comes to building a winning team with his choices on the GM and head coach. Does that make me any less of a Bills fan?

I would LOVE to see Buffalo make a decent splash in free agency this year and fix our defense. This off season will tell us a lot about how serious they really are about making the playoffs once again in Buffalo. Rebuilding through the draft is fine but you have to get some talent in here with free agents if your serious about a winning football team.

P.S. I've been a diehard Buffalo Bills fan since 1988. I haven't missed a game. I either watch them on TV or travel to the game to watch the love of my life. I've giving up family time, motorcycle rides, great weather, friends, gym time , because of my love/addiction for the Bills on Sundays!

Yea, go ahead and tell me I don't really like the Bills , you don't even know me.

:thumbsup:

I see. So you are one of those folks that value pedigree over performance. "Ewwww, a 7th rounder. Lovie, get me the hand sanitizer!" You're probably pissed that you had your "Bills let Fitz and SJ get away" posts pre-written and you can't use them now.

PTR

Promo, how can you even argue his point? If the Bills have another 6-10 season who's next for a GM and head coach? We know for sure it won't be any of the guys asking for a little more money and who have been winners in the past, right?

Here's hoping that Chan and Buddy take this team to the playoffs next year! :thumbsup:

Frez, you've established that your a Bills fan but you're not getting the simple point that I made… which is that your enthusiasm in agreeing with criticism of the Bills is not an emotionally appropriate response.

It's like if someone said, "yeah it's too bad Joe died of lung cancer… just really bad luck for him"

And then someone else said, "it's not bad luck, he smoked two packs a day… it was his fault"

And then you, agreeing with the second person chime in with "yeah baby!" :thumbsup:

I don't have any problem with the original opinion (which I already stated I disagreed with) but your reaction to it is bizarre, IMO.

Exclamation point, smiley face and thumbs up as an affirmation that Ralph is cheap?

Shouldn't you be sad about that?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

How many "Ralph is Cheep threds" are we going to post.....blah...blah...blah

How about thanks Ralph for keeping a NFL Team in Western NY,

It's called sarcasm!! There are tons of people on the board saying Ralph is cheap. Shelling out $60.5M on three players is not being cheap.

OK so who is a real coach that you think Ralph refused to pay to come to Buffalo? Who is the genius GM that had the skills to turn this team around but was asking too much money? Is it Shanahan, the guy who we shutout and embarrassed on a neutral field last year, the guy with 11 wins in 2 years?

What about the GM? We had the best draft last year vs. the other three in our division. What brilliant GM and talent evaluator did we miss? You said Ralph never "conducted a real search for a GM" so what team DID? Dolphins? Eagles? Chiefs? Who got it right?

Your comment about paying a 7th round pick big money makes no sense at all. So we should've let Stevie walk is that what you're saying? The only back to back 1000 yard Bills receiver who is young and talented and the only NFL receiver who doesn't get shut down by Revis our division rival. What's your solution then, to let him go when we have the cap room to sign him AND he's giving us a hometown discount because we drafted him and were patient with his development?

So tell us all, who is the "real coach" or GM you're talking about? It's a pretty short list so instead of attacking the owner, lets hear your genius opinion, even WITH the benefit of hindsight.

Look, I can't stand that Ralph doesn't communicate with the fans about a succession plan for the team, but I hate when people say we haven't invested in front office people or coaches. We have an excellent head coach right now and the best GM we've had since Polian. Ask any NFL analyst about Chan or Wannstedt and they'll say we have a very solid 1/2 punch.

Experienced, driven guys that know their stuff and get the most out of their personnel. Playoff caliber coaching. Now our GM has us lined up for double picks in the 4th and 5th round with probably EVERY player from last year's draft making the team again this year.

I don't see it the way you see it at all.

Great re-buttal. But it looks like jester is not coming back. Which is fine by me.

The thing I hate about the sarcastic ralph is cheap threads is it brings out all the real ralph is cheap posters.

I have two words to say: Mike Shannahan. If anyone here thinks the Redskins are in better shape than the Bills, I have a busted beer fridge I'd like to sell you....for $15,000. It will make your PBR taste even better because it's so expensive.

PTR