LT by rd 2

It is beginning to look like LT is as big a need as DE. I would love to have one of each after the 1st 2 rds. It doesn't look like they are going to sign Bell back and It also doesn't look like there is a suitable replacement in free agency(Gaither maybe?).. Even if they plan on starting Hairston at LT, there is no depth. What do you guys think about Rief, Martin, Adams, and Sanders? To me, they all seem like top notch OT prospects who can at least be the swing tackle this season. I think that Kahlil and Martin come in and start right away. Reif and Adams have a chance to start yr 1 and probably would. Sanders is probably the guy if they wait to rd 2 and he is raw as LT. My guess is that there will be a 4th or 5th rd OT taken no matter what, even if they draft OT rd 1 or 2... Anyone know who that might end up being? I like James Brown from Troy and Josh Oglesby from Wisconsin but who knows if they last

IMO...with the exception of Jonathan Martin, I would not touch any of these guys with the #10 pick. Zebrie Sanders is a decent OT prospect who will likely make it to our pick in the second round, but I feel that there is more value in taking a DE or OLB in that spot. Guys like Vinny Curry and Ronnell Lewis come to mind as good options in the 2nd round. I think that we can find good "swing tackles" in the latter rounds if we do not draft our starting LT in round 1.

I have been saying all offseason OT was a big need for this team and getting ripped for it by those just looking at the stats

The more I hear Buddy talk about it the more Im convinced they will be taking an OT with the 10th pick and my hope is that its Martin

Im all for this especially if they can some how get Zach Brown OLB from NC in the second round

Edited by Max997

I,m hoping Sanders will still be there in the 2nd cause I don't see us getting a pass rusher in free agency almost forcing us to find one in the 1st. I don't see depth in the middle rounds either, I believe that is a smokescreen. Vinny Curry and Jake Bequette? Pleeeeeze.

I have been saying all offseason OT was a big need for this team and getting ripped for it by those just looking at the stats

The more I hear Buddy talk about it the more Im convinced they will be taking an OT with the 10th pick and my hope is that its Martin

Im all for this especially if they can some how get Zach Brown OLB from NC in the second round

I'm down with that..

Buddy said we are going to keep our talent so we are not drafting an LT. Bell is perfectly fine and so is hairston.

Bell is at the very least going to test the waters.

He is maybe the best LT in a bad LT FA period.

He will be the benificiary of being the tallest midget.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Martin is ok. Reiff is a Bulaga clone and will wind up as a RT. There really is decent depth at DE. That's not saying there's decent "starting" depth in the draft, there are simply a bunch of decent rotational players. I don't see us drafting a TE in the top 4 rds, I think Nix believes he can find June cut guys in free agency to play TE. My best guess WR, DE, CB, OT, DE in the first 4 rds

I dunno. Hairston looks like a pretty good prospect and they got him in the 4th. Might that influence how they pick this year??? Or is a complete RESET without influence from past draft successes and failures? All I know is I would bet that one of those 4th rounders is going to be a DT.

I don't think the Bills will have their final draft priorities set until they see what happens in FA.

If they re-sign Bell, they will be less likely to take an OT early. If they don't sign Bell or a replacement then they will be forced to take a tackle early.

Same goes with DE, LB and potentially WR

I don't think the Bills will have their final draft priorities set until they see what happens in FA.

If they re-sign Bell, they will be less likely to take an OT early. If they don't sign Bell or a replacement then they will be forced to take a tackle early.

Same goes with DE, LB and potentially WR

Good point

Instead of spending $10m per year on Bell and Chandler, sign Vincent Jackson, then get an upgrade at LT with pick #10 and get a Tight End by the end of Round 4 to replace Chandler.

Like that plan. Then take Curry or Arthur Jones in the 2nd round at DE. I like Martin at OT, btw.

LT has been a need since Peters left. As much as I admire Bell's improvement, he's never going to be a "great" tackle. If he goes via free agency, Buff will be forced to take a tackle early on draft weekend.

I like to make up false facts too. Fact! Matt Millen was the best GM in the NFL.

Instead of spending $10m per year on Bell and Chandler, sign Vincent Jackson, then get an upgrade at LT with pick #10 and get a Tight End by the end of Round 4 to replace Chandler.

What he said!!!!! Martin or DeCastro (with Levitre and his alligator arms moving to LT) at #10.

Buddy said we are going to keep our talent so we are not drafting an LT. Bell is perfectly fine and so is hairston.

He said in his press conference they are going to draft a tackle and Bell can't stay healthy... Martin at #10 done deal