Seahawks re-sign Marshawn Lynch

WTF? The Corey McIntyre incident was a case of mistaken identity & somehow I think you know that. It's pretty lame of you to try to perpetuate that rumor.

For some people, a charge alone is enough reason to make someone a POS.

In fact, sometimes even without any charges being filed, see Pig Ben.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For some people, a charge alone is enough reason to make someone a POS.

In fact, sometimes even without any charges being filed, see Pig Ben.

Bad analogy. Regardless of whether Ben is a rapist, a lot of people have a moral problem with a guy banging out a wasted college girl in the bathroom while his goons block the door. That actually happened. Corey McIntyre did nothing, yet you see fit to smear his name (while simultaneously defending Big Ben.) Ironic, don't you think?

Infer whatever you want. My opening post states that I hope he grows up because I did like watching him play. I get that your MO is starting internet fights with people that disagree with you. And for the record, I know a lot of firsthand stuff of shady Lynch stuff that never made it to the press.

But if he truly did grew up, good for him. I'd still take Fred Jackson over him. And Spiller looks to be a breakaway threat we haven't had in years. If there's anything I HATE, it's people blaming the Bills for Lynch's actions instead of Marshawn himself. It's that make excuses for people (he comes from a bad neighborhood BS) that makes everyone play the victim. Grew up and take accountability for your actions.

Yet another assumption. The Bills, the fans and Marshawn ALL played a roll. To say that it was all Marshawn's fault is as wrong as saying it was all the Bills fault or the fans for that matter. All anyone can do is go on what we know for certain not what someones sister's, cousin's former college roommate said.

In a court of law it's called hearsay. The kid made some REALLY dumb mistakes but to condemn a man forever for the mistakes of his youth is a very unforgiving approach to take. An optimist would say that the young man learned his lesson, is maturing and making up for those mistakes by his improvement and success. A pessimist condemns his actions for life and can't wait for future failures to validate their hate.

The Seahawks apparently took the optimistic approach and are benefiting from it. They have a first round pick RB who has made the probowl in 2 of the 4 years he was the undisputed starter for whatever team he was playing for. My point is that I wish we would have taken the optimistic approach and we would have been able to spend our 2010 first round pick on another area of need.

That being said I love CJ and he is obviously the future at RB for our team if for nothing else than the fact that he is 8 years FJs junior and FJ is on the wrong side of 30. I also can't stand the people that were so for the idea and played a role in running Lynch out of town making Buffalo a hostile work environment for him while some of these same people then complained that CJ was a luxury pick bust. They were shocked and dismayed that we spent a first round pick at RB to replace a first round pick at RB. Who would have ever imagined that?

Edited by PDaDdy

Bad analogy. Regardless of whether Ben is a rapist, a lot of people have a moral problem with a guy banging out a wasted college girl in the bathroom while his goons block the door. That actually happened. Corey McIntyre did nothing, yet you see fit to smear his name (while simultaneously defending Big Ben.) Ironic, don't you think?

It did? I wasn't there so I don't know. From the police reports I have seen I doubt the girl knows as she didn't even know if she had sex or not.

But I digress. POS, much like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. It would seem illogical to condemn Lynch for being a POS while still adoring some of the other Bills that have been arrested over the ages. That is all.

And just so you know, I wasn't even aware of the McIntyre arrest at all until earlier today. I just googled to come up with a couple more examples of arrested Bills and that story popped up. But be that as it may, to many just being arrested/accused makes you a POS.

Yes I did see the last 6 games. He definitely improved in some ways from the previous seasons.

Indeed...I feel like he showed that he can be counted on to be a #1 back, especially in an offense like Gailey's. I'd love to see both he and Freddie get 15-20 carries per game next season.

yeah i'm sure the 1240 yards and 12 TDs had nothing to do with it...it was all about one stiff arm!

i agree with the poster who brought the point about the bipolarity of this board. lynch was 21 when he was drafted. he made some stupid mistakes, no doubt. but i seem to know a lot of 21,22 year olds who have made stupid mistakes. i know i made a few dumb decisions at that age. but i matured and moved beyond childish behavior. so why can't there be a middle ground: lynch was stupid, but has improved and seems to be on the right path towards having a solid career.

maybe lynch has matured, maybe he hasen't. maybe he'll get suspended for a year and make all of his detractors look like geniuses. only time will tell. but the bottom line is he a had a great year last year and he got a lucrative contract extension because of it. trying to minimize his accomplishments, or pretend he didn't have an excellent year last year because he let bills fans down, is stupid.

[\quote name=dayman' timestamp='1330920930' post='2395211]

Let's be honest. They bought their own hype. Good for Lynch though this contract all stems from one single $18M stiff arm and everybody knows it.

WTF? The Corey McIntyre incident was a case of mistaken identity & somehow I think you know that. It's pretty lame of you to try to perpetuate that rumor.

Well, it was about that time I begin to get suspicious. I said, "Chef, my boy, why do you need tree-fitty?" He said, "My imaginary friend Boo-Boo the dinosaur wants it." So I went to my son's room, and sure enough, there was that damn Corey McIntyre! I said, "Dammit, monster, you quit bugging my children, now. We work for our money in this house - we don't just give money away!"

who cares about a 2nd rate running back anyway. He's not a game changer, never will be, and I could care less what he likes to eat. I was not sad to see him go, I don't have anything against him as a person, but i am glad he's someone else's over-rated problem now.

Over rated? Check the stat line. Apparently you don't watch highlights on ESPN either and I'm not just talking about the Richter scale rumble from 2 years ago.

Why all the hate?

He's a good RB. Look at the line and the system that he played in here, and look at the line and system he plays in out in Seattle. The line here was garbage when he left. Before that it was anchored by such greats as Duke Preston. And we complain because he never hit the hole... how many times did Jackson hit those holes, and get nowhere. Everyone was so quick to run Lynch out of town, that they forgot the terrible coaching staff and line that was in place while he was here. Sure he acted like a bonehead, but unless it was your $20 he took, who cares?

I for one miss Lynch. I would have rather they traded Fred Jackson, than Lynch. Lynch with this line and this system, would be just as productive for longer that Jackson will be. JMO...

Why all the hate?

He's a good RB. Look at the line and the system that he played in here, and look at the line and system he plays in out in Seattle. The line here was garbage when he left. Before that it was anchored by such greats as Duke Preston. And we complain because he never hit the hole... how many times did Jackson hit those holes, and get nowhere. Everyone was so quick to run Lynch out of town, that they forgot the terrible coaching staff and line that was in place while he was here. Sure he acted like a bonehead, but unless it was your $20 he took, who cares?

I for one miss Lynch. I would have rather they traded Fred Jackson, than Lynch. Lynch with this line and this system, would be just as productive for longer that Jackson will be. JMO...

Explain FJax playing behind the same oline and averaging more ypc. And before his injury, FJax ws leading the NFL in total yards.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

So the question, obviously is this:

What if this was Buffalo? Nix's press conference today announced two big-money signings, Stevie Johnson and Marshawn Lynch. Same terms. Brian Bulaga mans the RT position here and CJ Spiller is splitting carries with Mike Tolbert in San Diego. Are you happy? Or would you rather have the relatively-cheap CJ and Erik Pears starting at RT?

So the question, obviously is this:

What if this was Buffalo? Nix's press conference today announced two big-money signings, Stevie Johnson and Marshawn Lynch. Same terms. Brian Bulaga mans the RT position here and CJ Spiller is splitting carries with Mike Tolbert in San Diego. Are you happy? Or would you rather have the relatively-cheap CJ and Erik Pears starting at RT?

Especially with Lynch one strike away from a year long penalty. and is Bulaga even better than Pears?

Explain FJax playing behind the same oline and averaging more ypc. And before his injury, FJax ws leading the NFL in total yards.

FJax was not playing behind the same line. Lynch mainly had to play with JP at QB and a bunch of washed up or never were bums on oline that Levy and Jauron collected.

Fjax has turned into a GREAT RB. At 30+ what do you think his life expectancy is given he missed the start of the season in 2010 due to injury and didn't finish the 2011 season due to injury????

Edited by PDaDdy

Further more can anyone find me a link regarding Lynch being suspended for a year if he screws up? I can't find anything on that possibility or any sort of NFL probation he might be under and has to keep his act clean. I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I just don't have any proof that it does.

I know there are performance enhancer clauses with 1st, 2nd, 3rd offenses (Is this a good time to mention Shawn "Good Gamble" Merriman?) but I think it might be entirely up to Roger, "judge, jury and executioner", Goodell to determine at will.

Edited by PDaDdy