Democrats Election year strategy

Well since they've been in power, there really isn't too much positive to talk about. The economy stinks, unemployment even worse, the handling of the US debt even worse, and the leadership to tackle the looming ticking timebombs of the entitlements even worse than that.

So in 2010, when Democrats had nothing to run on, they went with the theme that the Tea Partiers were racists and extremists. How did that work out for them?

Now this year, they are going with another theme, which is that Conservatives are anti-women.

Okey dokey :unsure:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since they've been in power, there really isn't too much positive to talk about. The economy stinks, unemployment even worse, the handling of the US debt even worse, and the leadership to tackle the looming ticking timebombs of the entitlements even worse than that.

So in 2010, when Democrats had nothing to run on, they went with the theme that the Tea Partiers were racists and extremists. How did that work out for them?

Now this year, they are going with another theme, which is that Conservatives are anti-women.

Who cares, both parties suck, right? :unsure:

Pay no attention to the high gas prices, high unemployment, exploding debt, and broken promises. Sounds like a winner to me!

Mitt Romney: My plan is to cut corporate taxes down to 25%, cut everyones taxes down by 20%, means test Medicare to make it sustainable and viable for our children, slash spending and expand drilling permits to increase jobs and lower our dependency on mideast oil.

Obama: I'll give you free sh*t! And I'll fund that free sh*t with the money from those oil tycoons, hedgefund managers and anyone who has 2 cadillacs.... oh and Republicans hate women.

Edited by Magox

Mitt Romney: My plan is to cut corporate taxes down to 25%, cut everyones taxes down by 20%, means test Medicare to make it sustainable and viable for our children, slash spending and expand drilling permits to increase jobs and lower our dependency on mideast oil.

Obama: I'll give you free sh*t! And I'll fund that free sh*t with the money from those oil tycoons, hedgefund managers and anyone who has 2 cadillacs.... oh and Republicans hate women.

So you are a partisan Republican, ya, I already knew that

Oh, that? That's all because the Republican Congress is obstructionist.

Damn Republicans. I can't believe they won't allow that poor innocent Harry Reid to have a budget vote in the Senate, even as they force him to pass every evil GOP bill that Boehner wants directs him to.

Yeah, I gotta agree . . . This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. It all began with Stephanopolous at the debate when he asked Romney about contraception.

The Dems have NOTHING to talk about other than getting Bin Laden, so they come up with this BS contraception issue.

I guess they're counting on getting 99% of all women to vote for Bam . . . .

Republicans need to avoid this like poison and keep talking about jobs, the econimy, taxes, debt and gas prices. It's about the economy, stupid!

I realize the MSM won't allow this, but don't get sucked into it.

Women are a huge voting base.... Conservatives should have stayed laser focused on the Economy, instead in 1 State you have to get a Trans Vaginal Ultrasound before an abortion, and they made a big stink about contraception... those are not items that will endear female voters.

Women are a huge voting base.... Conservatives should have stayed laser focused on the Economy, instead in 1 State you have to get a Trans Vaginal Ultrasound before an abortion, and they made a big stink about contraception... those are not items that will endear female voters.

Women already have a couple of free choices for contraception that aren't gov't mandated.

1) "I have a headache"

2) Blow Jobs

3) Anal

The correct usage of the above 3 methods will ensure that no woman ever has to pay $3000/year in annual contraception coverage again.

Women already have a couple of free choices for contraception that aren't gov't mandated.

1) "I have a headache"

2) Blow Jobs

3) Anal

The correct usage of the above 3 methods will ensure that no woman ever has to pay $3000/year in annual contraception coverage again.

$3,000 annually on contraception? Anyone can go to PLanned Parenthood and get the Pill for almost nothing... I think you can also get free condoms as well. $250/mo. on contraception, you're doing something wrong.

Option #4- Pull out Really Early- Ernie McCracken did it, why can everybody else?

$3,000 annually on contraception? Anyone can go to PLanned Parenthood and get the Pill for almost nothing... I think you can also get free condoms as well. $250/mo. on contraception, you're doing something wrong.

Option #4- Pull out Really Early- Ernie McCracken did it, why can everybody else?

Check the other thread on the Sandra Fluke.

But I do agree.

4) Ask for more facials

Conservatives should run with this. It's so patently ridiculous that it could become the left's birther issue.

Conservatives should run with this. It's so patently ridiculous that it could become the left's birther issue.

It's quite impressive how the left is able to effectively mobilize in such a uniformed matter as quick as they do. You should see in the comments section, they are parrot the same damn thing, over and over and over. Arguing that women care more about access to contraceptive care more so than the economy. No, really. I'm serious.

1) "I have a headache"

2) Blow Jobs

3) Anal

why don't you write the rnc with your idea....it's a sure vote getter

It's quite impressive how the left is able to effectively mobilize in such a uniformed matter as quick as they do.

I could well be wrong about this, but I think one of the main reasons you see so much divisiveness in the country right now is because, with genuine thanks to our current president and his handling of his first year in office, conservatives finally figured out how to do this, too.

Hundreds of thousands of people like myself -- disengaged from politics -- suddenly had enough, so they asked themselves (unfortunately, but seriously), "Who the hell is my representative?" This was followed by "I want to speak to him/her," which was followed by conversations that sounded something like this: "Hi, I'm so-n-so from this district in California and I want to speak to my congressman. Well, what's his number in DC? Why? Because we're spending like drunk sailors and I want him to know its not acceptable to me. What? Town Hall meeting? Sure, I'd like to attend."

The next thing you know, all these people were yelling and screaming with like-minded people about like-minded topics, and then you have tea party rallies and news reports of senior citizens yelling at Arlen Specter, and somewhere in the middle of it all, you hear the entire left say, "Uh, oh. Happy learned how to putt."

The left is still much better at it because, let's face it, the right has to work for a living. But if you read the comments section at places like Politico, The Hill, WSJ, etc., you'll see the right is getting pretty good at it, as well. Not as good, but getting there.

I could well be wrong about this, but I think one of the main reasons you see so much divisiveness in the country right now is because, with genuine thanks to our current president and his handling of his first year in office, conservatives finally figured out how to do this, too.

Hundreds of thousands of people like myself -- disengaged from politics -- suddenly had enough, so they asked themselves (unfortunately, but seriously), "Who the hell is my representative?" This was followed by "I want to speak to him/her," which was followed by conversations that sounded something like this: "Hi, I'm so-n-so from this district in California and I want to speak to my congressman. Well, what's his number in DC? Why? Because we're spending like drunk sailors and I want him to know its not acceptable to me. What? Town Hall meeting? Sure, I'd like to attend."

The next thing you know, all these people were yelling and screaming with like-minded people about like-minded topics, and then you have tea party rallies and news reports of senior citizens yelling at Arlen Specter, and somewhere in the middle of it all, you hear the entire left say, "Uh, oh. Happy learned how to putt."

The left is still much better at it because, let's face it, the right has to work for a living. But if you read the comments section at places like Politico, The Hill, WSJ, etc., you'll see the right is getting pretty good at it, as well. Not as good, but getting there.

Our problem is that we try to take a logical approach to an argument while they resort to slogans, name calling, and moralizing. We can't even really adopt their tactics because they've got the exclusive rights (try calling an extreme left wing professional activist a slut and see what happens).

Edited by Rob's House