Energy Secretary Wants High Gas Prices

The only thing holding back the electric car is the Republican Congress.

Once Nancy is back in power, her and Barry will fix the Laws of Physics. The current Laws of Physics were of course put in place by lobbyists for Big Oil.

Just think of it. Perpetual motion machines. Energy and matter are no longer not created nor destroyed, but can now be created and taxed at a fair share.

Yes We Can!

Well, I personally ride a unicorn to work and back. When I'm in a hurry I turn it into turbo mode and it actually farts rainbows.

So you Republicans won't be complaining when Obama releases the reserve to keep gas prices low for the election?

Intelligent people of all persuasions would complain, because releasing the Strategic Oil Reserves would NOT effect the price anyway,

and it would be a transparent political ploy. It would be foolish.

So he'll have to wait and see what the campaign managers want him to do.

Intelligent people of all persuasions would complain, because releasing the Strategic Oil Reserves would NOT effect the price anyway,

oh?

It depends on what his Consigliere, I.R. Teleprompter advises him.

What about picking it up and throwing it into a pickup truck. ??

Obviously that's not an issue here. Once again I very rarely see a scooter with a lock here in the city.

So you Republicans won't be complaining when Obama releases the reserve to keep gas prices low for the election?

He already did that. How did that work out regarding oil prices then?

Over the past few weeks, the American people have begun to feel the painful effects of President Obama’s energy policy.

Make no mistake: the rising price of gasoline isn’t simply the result of forces we can’t control. It is, to a large extent, the result of a vision that this President laid out even before he was elected to office.

“That vision was on clear display last week.

“As millions of Americans groaned at the rising cost of a gallon of gasoline, the President took to the microphones to talk about a far-off day when Americans might be able to use algae as a substitute for gas. And then, dusting off the same talking points Democrats have been using for decades, he claimed that there’s no short-term solution to the problem.

“In other words, he kicked the can down the road for another day, another time — abdicating leadership on yet another issue of national significance.

U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell

Obviously that's not an issue here. Once again I very rarely see a scooter with a lock here in the city.

Yeah I suppose. I was thinking of the poster here riding it to work... Out in the open and left for 8 or so hours... It might be tempting to a crook... But then again, Walmart's have parking lot cameras...

Yeah I suppose. I was thinking of the poster here riding it to work... Out in the open and left for 8 or so hours... It might be tempting to a crook... But then again, Walmart's have parking lot cameras...

I just assume there is no market here for stolen scooters, at least here in SF seeing they're parked all over. Unlocked.

The f'n libs have been fighting drilling in ANWR, offshore and even Obama prevented the Keystone Pipeline. Restrictive rules caused the BP spill being as extensive as it was. Oil rigs that were in the Gulf are now off South America. China and Cuba are now drilling in the Gulf. Do you trust them to be as environmentally safe as the U.S. or UK?

It's not only oil its electricity as well. Obama and his Marxist buddies using the EPA to shut down coal plants. Posted this link before.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/obama-energy-secretary-promises-massive-coal-plant-closures.html

Edited by Dante

http://news.yahoo.com/energy-secretary-chu-admits-administration-ok-high-gas-193900713.html

So the administration wants Europe like gas prices to force us into green vehicles. I wonder how Europe is coming along with all their electric cars? Anybody know? I saw that they have only a spattering, but maybe there is more information out there. You'd think with $10 gas they would have converted long ago if it made sense.

The liberals want to take away our freedom. To stop people from smoking, the government jacked up cigarette prices by using taxes. This is beyond creepy and the scary part is that they don't even try to hide their intentions to take away one of the middle class' greatest freedoms. The affordable ability to travel that a car provides them.

His energy secretary flat out stated that he wanting to price people out of the use of their cars. The liberals won't be happy until people are literally forced to use either mass transit or their bikes.

The ironic thing is that the people who've shackled us to our homes with high gas prices will all be using jets to get to their lavish Aspen and European excursions. There's nothing less American than using power to steer gas prices towards $8 to $10 in an attempt to force people out of their cars.

Michelle Bachman promised $2/gal gas during her campaign- any chance she still gets back in it? LOL

Gas is not likely to go down no matter how much we find, by 2050 there will be an increase of 2 Billion people on the planet, and those population increases for the most part are happening in areas with big energy demand. Oil will be sold on an international market priced in dollars for the forseeable future, so that will help the US temporarily... but in the long term, people better start budgeting for higher fuel, food and commodity costs....

The only option is Nationalized Oil Production and Price Controls here domestically... and that is not gonna happen...

Increased cost of Petro fuels will at some point make other fuels price competitive, and we will see massive priavte investment in new tech and products to meet new consumer demand. We'll probably have a Energy Boom and a bust not to far after that. My guess, we will still be running deficit, have increased LT debt, and social program that are like they were 20 years ago....

Michelle Bachman promised $2/gal gas during her campaign- any chance she still gets back in it? LOL

Gas is not likely to go down no matter how much we find, by 2050 there will be an increase of 2 Billion people on the planet, and those population increases for the most part are happening in areas with big energy demand. Oil will be sold on an international market priced in dollars for the forseeable future, so that will help the US temporarily... but in the long term, people better start budgeting for higher fuel, food and commodity costs....

The only option is Nationalized Oil Production and Price Controls here domestically... and that is not gonna happen...

Increased cost of Petro fuels will at some point make other fuels price competitive, and we will see massive priavte investment in new tech and products to meet new consumer demand. We'll probably have a Energy Boom and a bust not to far after that. My guess, we will still be running deficit, have increased LT debt, and social program that are like they were 20 years ago....

I actually think the federal government should get into the oil production business...along with natural gas, nuclear, solar, wind, water. Once the people of this country no longer have the financial means to keep our consumer-based economy afloat, we will cease being America.

The federal government has the ability to establish and keep in place, an abundance of affordable energy. It'd create real jobs, it'd create real revenue. I normally don't like growing government in any way, but this is one avenue that should be explored seeing how our oil is being already exported to China by companies who don't care what America's price per gallon is.

I actually think the federal government should get into the oil production business...along with natural gas, nuclear, solar, wind, water. Once the people of this country no longer have the financial means to keep our consumer-based economy afloat, we will cease being America.

The federal government has the ability to establish and keep in place, an abundance of affordable energy. It'd create real jobs, it'd create real revenue. I normally don't like growing government in any way, but this is one avenue that should be explored seeing how our oil is being already exported to China by companies who don't care what America's price per gallon is.

It certainly is scary that a few cents on a gallon of gas tips the scale on ALOT of the people who fall into that very catagory.... like I say, expansion of credit is not a economic strategy..... I get the sick feeling the US is running on borrowed time, to mush debt and no income growth to keep up with service, acquisition and overall spending.

As far Nationalized Oil Production, you would habe to sit down and think real hard about the inteneded and unitended consequences of such a move... I like to think free market forces can solve such an issue, where Petro is offset with other sources as private investment in infratructure and refienment increase.