School Shooting in Cleveland

Captain Hindsight

3 are being airlifted to hospitals. Differing reports about the number of people involved. Some students are claiming 2 students were involved, the police are saying they have the lone gunman in custody. A student said the other person involved is "hiding in the school." Hopefully everyone survives and those responsible are brought to justice.

I live about 20 min from Chardon. Good community, nice small town. Sad, shocking and it only takes one misguided individual anywhere in this country for this to happen. My good friend lives there but luckily his oldest daughter is only 1st year of middle school (she's safe at home now). Sounds like the shooter went all goth and have to wonder if it's again about a bullied kid going too far.

It is speculated that "he just cracked from the pressures of being different."

:unsure::blink:

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here for you, EII.

We've all been in high school, we know what happens there, so I'm going into this little spiel assuming that you all know what I'm talking about. Seeing as how he only shot at one particular group of kids, these were people who probably socially terrorized him. They probably gossiped, spread lies, and slandered his name. He may very well have been attacked physically in locations where he should be safe (the bus, in front of the school, etc.). Apparently these kids were kind of popular, so the rest of the school follows suit (the groupthink mentalities I saw in high school are oddly disturbing). He probably felt isolated and threatened. No other options in his delusional mind, some base instinct kicks in and he turns into a killer. He strikes at the top of the pyramid (popular kids) of his victimization (head of the snake and all that). Suddenly we have a Drowning Pool song on our hands. His mission accomplished, he flees, and turns himself in.

Again, that's just a stab in the dark, but it seems to be a pretty common storyline for school shootings.

It's a good thing he went to a nice high school. At my alma mater, people might have started shooting back.

Was it authentic? Any proof?

Yeah. Forgot a lot of info. Basically it was not to far, within earshot I guess, and he just took off outside. They were pretty much just powpowpow. Teachers didn't know what to do, a lot of people were just confused, why they thought two or 3 were shooting.

We've all been in high school, we know what happens there, so I'm going into this little spiel assuming that you all know what I'm talking about. Seeing as how he only shot at one particular group of kids, these were people who probably socially terrorized him. They probably gossiped, spread lies, and slandered his name. He may very well have been attacked physically in locations where he should be safe (the bus, in front of the school, etc.). Apparently these kids were kind of popular, so the rest of the school follows suit (the groupthink mentalities I saw in high school are oddly disturbing). He probably felt isolated and threatened. No other options in his delusional mind, some base instinct kicks in and he turns into a killer. He strikes at the top of the pyramid (popular kids) of his victimization (head of the snake and all that). Suddenly we have a Drowning Pool song on our hands. His mission accomplished, he flees, and turns himself in.

Again, that's just a stab in the dark, but it seems to be a pretty common storyline for school shootings.

It's a good thing he went to a nice high school. At my alma mater, people might have started shooting back.

Exactly. Interesting that he was taken alive... I wonder what will come out of it... If what you said is the case, will they censor him... Can they... What about the victims families? So heartbreaking all around. It was said that his sister broke down crying when she heard that it was him. The shooter's family, from what I have read responded in the best way they could given such a thing.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Press here in Cleve say the shooter (TJ Lane) came from a broken family (dad jailed for domestic abuse on multiple women he had kids with). TJ Lane was living with his grandparents and didn't actually go to Chardon HS, waiting in Cafeteria for bus to take kids to Auburn career center and Lake Academy for troubled or at risk kids. I think other kids (not sure about all of them) went to Auburn and TJ to Lake. Guessing that there was some bullying/social terrorization on the bus but that was not the only issue here. We'll see as the process unfolds.

Press here in Cleve say the shooter (TJ Lane) came from a broken family (dad jailed for domestic abuse on multiple women he had kids with). TJ Lane was living with his grandparents and didn't actually go to Chardon HS, waiting in Cafeteria for bus to take kids to Auburn career center and Lake Academy for troubled or at risk kids. I think other kids (not sure about all of them) went to Auburn and TJ to Lake. Guessing that there was some bullying/social terrorization on the bus but that was not the only issue here. We'll see as the process unfolds.

Yeah, it's never just one thing with these kids. It's usually a perfect storm of several things that causes someone to snap like that.