David DeCastro

Dragonborn10

In terms of his position and how they compare to others, only Luck, RG3, and Blackmon may be more talented. This guy looks like Steve Hutchison. He will make some team in the late teens extremely happy to get him and anchor their line for a decade. Nobody will trade up for a guard but when all is said and done a decade from now he may be the steal of the draft if he falls into the late twenties.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of his position and how they compare to others, only Luck, RG3, and Blackmon may be more talented. This guy looks like Steve Hutchison. He will make some team in the late teens extremely happy to get him and anchor their line for a decade. Nobody will trade up for a guard but when all is said and done a decade from now he may be the steal of the draft if he falls into the late twenties.

I love this kid's potential. Some team will end up with a great player...I just hope that it's not a divisional rival.

The more I think about him at 10 the more I like it. If they resign Bell then they have three tackles, Decastro and Levitre at Guard, and Wood, Rhinehart and Urbik to play center and provide depth. No need to rush Wood back - PUP list will give his knee more time to heal.

This could be a very good line for a long time. Then draft defense the rest of the way(assuming they resign or tag Stevie).

DeCastro would be an excellent pick at #10, provided the following 3 things occur:

1. Luck, Griffin, Richardson, Blackmon, Kalil, and Claiborne are all taken in top 9.

2. Bell is signed to a reasonable contract.

3. Nix plans to aggresively address the DE position in the 2nd-4th rounds (plus free agency).

Reiff and Martin are far from automatic Pro Bowlers and may not be upgrades over a healthy Bell. Coples is way too risky a pick for this franchise. Guys who aren't interested in being great in college almost never become great in the pros. Upshaw will probably be a solid pro, but more like a Kelsay than a Schobel. He's also a much better fit as 3-4 OLB than 4-3 DE. Mercilus and Ingram wouldn't even be considered 1st rounders in most years.

DeCastro, meanwhile, is the Andrew Luck of OG's. He would instantly make the Buffalo interior OL the best in the NFL (Levitre-Wood-DeCastro as starters, with Rhinehart and Urbik as backups). The focus of the Bills offense is our thunder-and-lightning RB combo of Jackson and Spiller, so DeCastro would be a further investment in these two guys.

DeCastro would be an excellent pick at #10, provided the following 3 things occur:

1. Luck, Griffin, Richardson, Blackmon, Kalil, and Claiborne are all taken in top 9.

3. Nix plans to aggresively address the DE position in the 2nd-4th rounds (plus free agency).

Reiff and Martin are far from automatic Pro Bowlers and may not be upgrades over a healthy Bell. Coples is way too risky a pick for this franchise. Guys who aren't interested in being great in college almost never become great in the pros. Upshaw will probably be a solid pro, but more like a Kelsay than a Schobel. He's also a much better fit as 3-4 OLB than 4-3 DE. Mercilus and Ingram wouldn't even be considered 1st rounders in most years.

DeCastro, meanwhile, is the Andrew Luck of OG's. He would instantly make the Buffalo interior OL the best in the NFL (Levitre-Wood-DeCastro as starters, with Rhinehart and Urbik as backups). The focus of the Bills offense is our thunder-and-lightning RB combo of Jackson and Spiller, so DeCastro would be a further investment in these two guys.

I happen to agree with all you said. This place would go nuts if we took him. They would rather have us take a pass rusher.... who may not be a pass rusher instead of a guy opening up gaping holes for Spiller to break looose for some long runs.

Mercilus will be taken out of the game by any T that can move. He's not going to out muscle him. I do like Ingram.... only because of his great love and passion for the game. You can see it any set of highlights.

I just don't want Coples,Brockers or Mercilus. And yes I would be jazzed that we would have a guy who will be the best interior lineman in the league by year 3. !!!!

Come Buddy take an elite player !!!

I think DeCastro is going to be a great guard, but for the Bills to take him would be reminisent of taking Spiller while we had Jackson & Lynch. Guard is not a need for the Bills. The Bills have too many other needs (DE, LB WR, CB) to mention the top positions. Someone will be getting a great player. If the Redskins don't trade up to take RGIII I see him possibly ending up there.

I dont think they resign Bell. I dont think Upshaw falls to us. I agree that they wont take Couples. I think the decision may be what line is better : Reiff - Andy - Wood - Urbik - Pears or Andy - DeCostanzo - Wood - Urbik - Pears

I dont think they resign Bell. I dont think Upshaw falls to us. I agree that they wont take Couples. I think the decision may be what line is better : Reiff - Andy - Wood - Urbik - Pears or Andy - DeCostanzo - Wood - Urbik - Pears

I don't think moving Levitre to LT makes us better. If anything, the line would be Hairston / Levitre / Wood / DeCastro / Pears.

I personally like the DeCastro potential pick because if Wood gets hurt again they can move Urbik to center and not really miss a beat. And I think they resign Bell...just my feeling.

Unless they really think something of Mike Jasper. Then the chances of DeCastro are lower.

Pat Kirwan today discussed how the Saints could potentially end up spending 18 million dollars next season on their two guards. He then mentioned, that with certain qbs you do not need elite talent at tackle. I think that could be the case with the Bills. DeCastro is a great talent, who will probably play in multiple Pro Bowls. I think I either want him or Ingram at 10, assuming both are available.

I'm really starting to think this guy is the best option if he's available. Every source I've seen touts him as a dominant force, which is what you want in the 1st.

I know taking BPA is how we got Spiller when we didn't need a RB, but draftin for need is how you get Whitner when Ngata's on the board.

And I know guard isn't a position of dire need, but he'd be replacing Urbik who is a servicable player, but will never be a difference maker. Would you pass on the next Reggie White because Kelsay was holding down the fort at LE?

THE BIGGEST PLUS:

We'd have the most dominant running game in the league. I know people say it's a passing league, but that's good. That means defenses are being built around stopping the pass. If you're one of the few teams that can dominate with the run you can attack their weakness and make them play your game and that opens up the passing game even more. I think this would be a great pick.

1330319810[/url]' post='2390094']

The more I think about him at 10 the more I like it. If they resign Bell then they have three tackles, Decastro and Levitre at Guard, and Wood, Rhinehart and Urbik to play center and provide depth. No need to rush Wood back - PUP list will give his knee more time to heal.

This could be a very good line for a long time. Then draft defense the rest of the way(assuming they resign or tag Stevie).

And go into the season with the same Wrs as last year? Please no

1330383095[/url]' post='2390534']

I'm really starting to think this guy is the best option if he's available. Every source I've seen touts him as a dominant force, which is what you want in the 1st.

I know taking BPA is how we got Spiller when we didn't need a RB, but draftin for need is how you get Whitner when Ngata's on the board.

And I know guard isn't a position of dire need, but he'd be replacing Urbik who is a servicable player, but will never be a difference maker. Would you pass on the next Reggie White because Kelsay was holding down the fort at LE?

THE BIGGEST PLUS:

We'd have the most dominant running game in the league. I know people say it's a passing league, but that's good. That means defenses are being built around stopping the pass. If you're one of the few teams that can dominate with the run you can attack their weakness and make them play your game and that opens up the passing game even more. I think this would be a great pick.

I think every team would play 8-9 in the box and stuff our run. Our Wrs would still suck and our qb is still fitz. I'd be happy to have him as I think he'll be a stud, but he wouldn't be the ideal pick imo, considering just how bad our WRs and pass rushers are

Trading down and still getting DeCastro would be ideal, but let's face it, Buddy will have the 10th overall pick in with 9:30 left on the clock.

I'm not sure you the bills could trade down too far and still get DeCastro.

That's why we trade down we don't really need a guard.