Season Ticket prices will not change this season

Just Jack

You've gotta be kidding me. The Homer patrol is out in full force today. I would bet that Russ Brandon is paying some of you guys to shill for the Bills. It's the only way to explain some of your homerism. If we want to B word, this is the organization that gives their fans every reason to B word.

I am a long time season ticket holder. I live 10 hours away. I make most games. I don't have an issue with ticket prices.....at all. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford this luxury. I say that because what the Bills do, is so annoying, it's really indefensible.

We have a crap owner who sells his home games. That's reason enough for any good set of fans to B word. And before some of you go all homer on everyone about the Bills not selling out games..........give it a fuggin rest. If most teams in the NFL would suck as much as us, and as long as us, they too, would not sell out most of their games. No matter the price.

But I digress. The buttwipes that run the Bills sell the games. The most ignorant thing in the world. Doesn't help the Buffalo economy. Doesn't help you win as you get rid of homefield advantage, and certainly doesn't give the area hope that the team has any viable plan to stay here in the long haul. Strike one.

So, to appease this, I guarantee that pre-season games were wrapped into this package for multiple reasons. Some of you are too stupid to realize this. On the public relations front, they gave away some home games which is a PR nightmare. So, to offset that, they mixed in preseason games for two reasons. One: So Ralph could make more money by not having a 1/3 full stadium for a meaningless game. The game was paid for up front. TWO: So that season ticket holders would feel like they are getting a break without having to buy the drek of preseason to offset the loss of a regular season game in the fan base psyche. The second reason was also used as a price increase trap, because each year the Bills played the preseason game, they used that to keep ticket prices with little or no increase, which means they did increase pricing, hidden in less games. Total horseshit that they think people can't figure that out.

So, this has nothing to do with price of tickets, or Russ Brandon heading up the PR of a douchebag owner, etc. The Bills weren't supposed to have two preseasons games this year. People plan on that. Makes them feel and accept the Toronto series a little bit more. Then, out of the blue, we are supposed to buy an assbag excuse that Rogers Centre couldn't make room for the game. LMAO. You've gotta be kidding me. Preseason game can be played almost any day of the week. And they can't find room??? Please.

Then, the game is just thrown back on season tickets holders, when there isn't supposed to be one. It's garbage. Plain and simple. Don't give a bunch of BS like we can't B word about garbage like this. It is what it is......garbage.

A real journalist would dig on this and ask Russ Brandon if he feels bad that he threw this garbage game back on Bills fans when it wasn't supposed to be there. Oh, it's no good for Toronto, so we'll make the Buffalo people just eat the cost. Also, wasn't Roger Goodell telling us all along about how awful pre-season games are? Oh, don't worry Toronto, we'll put it on the backs of Bills season ticket holders again. Those same season ticket holders that are in sharp decline. A journalist could also dig a little bit, and find out why the game couldn't be played during the week or on Monday Night. There are a ton of questions that the Bills just didn't have to face and took them at their word.

It's just horrible business. That's reason enough to B word. I still will have my season tickets. I still think ticket prices are cheap. I still love the Bills. That doesn't mean some of you have to sit here and give Ralph, Russ and boys handjobs over everything they do......which a lot of times, is total garbage.

Thanks Ralph and Russ, you douchebags.

Signed,

A bitching, long time season ticket holder.

Edited by Lv-Bills

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've gotta be kidding me. The Homer patrol is out in full force today. I would bet that Russ Brandon is paying some of you guys to shill for the Bills. It's the only way to explain some of your homerism. If we want to B word, this is the organization that gives their fans every reason to B word.

Signed,

Come on, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel ;)

Come on, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel ;)

Seriously. I had season tickets for 25 years including 15 years I did not live in Buffalo. I was always forced to buy the pre-season games even though I rarely attended and they could not be sold. This has always been the case across the league, not just with the Bills. It is part of the deal. If anyone is that unhappy with the product or the prices, don't buy them - I choose not to. Not worth the 14 hour round trip and all the time away from my family to do so. I choose to invest in DirecTV instead. Pretty simple really. Does that make me a shill or a homer, or both? Not sure. :)

Edited by MDFan

Well, it'll be interesting to see when that day comes... Especially if nothing is going on at SkyDome that day.

I'm still of the opinion that Rogers actually loses money on the Toronto Series (especially the preseason games). I'll bet you that if they were turning a profit, this "scheduling conflict" wouldn't have been an issue.

If they do renew the series (which I have my doubts, regardless of what Rogers and Russ Brandon say) I'm betting it won't include any preseason games.

-Bill

i'll take that bet, Bill.

jw

Seriously. I had season tickets for 25 years including 15 years I did not live in Buffalo. I was always forced to buy the pre-season games even though I rarely attended and they could not be sold. This has always been the case across the league, not just with the Bills. It is part of the deal. If anyone is that unhappy with the product or the prices, don't buy them - I choose not to. Not worth the 14 hour round trip and all the time away from my family to do so. I choose to invest in DirecTV instead. Pretty simple really. Does that make me a shill or a homer, or both? Not sure. :)

Not the point. It is something that is totally bitchable about. They just threw this garbage game back on fans, and fans have no recourse. That is something that is bitchable about. Very.

It's garbage. I also have DTV Sunday ticket to watch the 8 other games that I don't attend. Now 9 games with the Toronto garbage. But again, don't tell me there isn't anything to B word about. This was supposed to be Toronto's game. They supposedly want it. It's supposedly going so well. Then, why the fugg is it back in Buffalo at a cost to us when it wasn't supposed to be there?

Don't give me the "booked up" garbage.

Not the point. It is something that is totally bitchable about. They just threw this garbage game back on fans, and fans have no recourse. That is something that is bitchable about. Very.

It's garbage. I also have DTV Sunday ticket to watch the 8 other games that I don't attend. Now 9 games with the Toronto garbage. But again, don't tell me there isn't anything to B word about. This was supposed to be Toronto's game. They supposedly want it. It's supposedly going so well. Then, why the fugg is it back in Buffalo at a cost to us when it wasn't supposed to be there?

You have a point. I would probably be pissed too. I just do not see this as something unique to the Bills. Any team would have done the same in the same situation. They are not going to give away the game for free - its a business. Would it have been a nice gesture to give the game for free to the fans? Sure. Not a single franchise that would have done this though.

I totally understand your gripe and I agree with you. But fans absolutely have recourse. The only recourse that counts, and it is 100% your option to not buy/renew seasons. And it seems that every season more and more fans are taking that recourse.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I totally understand your gripe and I agree with you. But fans absolutely have recourse. The only recourse that counts, and it is 100% your option to not buy/renew seasons. And it seems that every season more and more fans are taking that recourse.

Again, it hs nothing to do with buying tickets again. It's how the Bills do things. I wish the media was tougher in Buffalo, because someone would be all over this in NYC. This is just total garbage.

Again, I can afford the extra game, so I'm staying with my tickets. It doesn't mean it's OK or good business.

I am a long time season ticket holder. I live 10 hours away. I make most games. I don't have an issue with ticket prices.....at all. I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford this luxury. I say that because what the Bills do, is so annoying, it's really indefensible.

We have a crap owner who sells his home games. That's reason enough for any good set of fans to B word. And before some of you go all homer on everyone about the Bills not selling out games..........give it a fuggin rest. If most teams in the NFL would suck as much as us, and as long as us, they too, would not sell out most of their games. No matter the price.

But I digress. The buttwipes that run the Bills sell the games. The most ignorant thing in the world. Doesn't help the Buffalo economy. Doesn't help you win as you get rid of homefield advantage, and certainly doesn't give the area hope that the team has any viable plan to stay here in the long haul. Strike one.

So, to appease this, I guarantee that pre-season games were wrapped into this package for multiple reasons. Some of you are too stupid to realize this. On the public relations front, they gave away some home games which is a PR nightmare. So, to offset that, they mixed in preseason games for two reasons. One: So Ralph could make more money by not having a 1/3 full stadium for a meaningless game. The game was paid for up front. TWO: So that season ticket holders would feel like they are getting a break without having to buy the drek of preseason to offset the loss of a regular season game in the fan base psyche. The second reason was also used as a price increase trap, because each year the Bills played the preseason game, they used that to keep ticket prices with little or no increase, which means they did increase pricing, hidden in less games. Total horseshit that they think people can't figure that out.

So, this has nothing to do with price of tickets, or Russ Brandon heading up the PR of a douchebag owner, etc. The Bills weren't supposed to have two preseasons games this year. People plan on that. Makes them feel and accept the Toronto series a little bit more. Then, out of the blue, we are supposed to buy an assbag excuse that Rogers Centre couldn't make room for the game. LMAO. You've gotta be kidding me. Preseason game can be played almost any day of the week. And they can't find room??? Please.

Then, the game is just thrown back on season tickets holders, when there isn't supposed to be one. It's garbage. Plain and simple. Don't give a bunch of BS like we can't B word about garbage like this. It is what it is......garbage.

A real journalist would dig on this and ask Russ Brandon if he feels bad that he threw this garbage game back on Bills fans when it wasn't supposed to be there. Oh, it's no good for Toronto, so we'll make the Buffalo people just eat the cost. Also, wasn't Roger Goodell telling us all along about how awful pre-season games are? Oh, don't worry Toronto, we'll put it on the backs of Bills season ticket holders again. Those same season ticket holders that are in sharp decline. A journalist could also dig a little bit, and find out why the game couldn't be played during the week or on Monday Night. There are a ton of questions that the Bills just didn't have to face and took them at their word.

It's just horrible business. That's reason enough to B word. I still will have my season tickets. I still think ticket prices are cheap. I still love the Bills. That doesn't mean some of you have to sit here and give Ralph, Russ and boys handjobs over everything they do......which a lot of times, is total garbage.

Signed,

I have been on the road with very little internet access the last few days, so I just wanted to say that is a great dead on post. I've got the money, too, and I've been going to games every year since I was 6 years old in 1968 (the last 27 of which were with season tickets)...........And, I'll keep buying. But, don't tell me this was nothing but a BS garbage move as far as sth go. If it wasn't they would give us Kids Day prices or something super reduced thing, but I haven't heard anything like that.