Sarah Palin Hoping For Brokered Convention

As are several other losers. Palin is so obviously hoping that the convention of screaming Tea Party nuts will pull down the house if she isn't nominated.

The uncertainty and volatility of the Republican contest has led to detailed talk of either a “brokered” convention, or simply a “contested” one, in which the GOP nominee isn’t even close to being settled by the time Republicans convene in Tampa in August. The last time the GOP race was unsettled at convention time was in 1976.

Indiana GOP Chairman Eric Holcomb, one of Gov. Daniels’ closest advisers, revealed to POLITICO that “the whispers have become shouts, the knocks on [Daniels’] door have become fist pounding.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/73070.html#ixzz1mvlnnISH

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping for a brokered convention too, though I don't think it will happen. The Republican party is so fractured right now, three groups vying for power. Just for the sake of observation, I really think this is one of the more fascinating political campaigns that I can ever remember, for either party.

I am pretty sure Palin is smart enough to know that she isn't going to be called in to save the party...for as many fans as she has amongst the right, there are as many who see her as a big part of the problem. She would get clobbered by Obama. Jeb, or, Chris "for the last time I am not running" Christie seem like the most likely saviors.

I am hoping for a brokered convention too, though I don't think it will happen. The Republican party is so fractured right now, three groups vying for power. Just for the sake of observation, I really think this is one of the more fascinating political campaigns that I can ever remember, for either party.

I am pretty sure Palin is smart enough to know that she isn't going to be called in to save the party...for as many fans as she has amongst the right, there are as many who see her as a big part of the problem. She would get clobbered by Obama. Jeb, or, Chris "for the last time I am not running" Christie seem like the most likely saviors.

How do you figure "either party?" Is someone challenging Obama?

Clinton vs Obama?

That wasn't near as contentious as this has been. You had two candidates in a heated battle, to be sure, but it wasn't anywher as nasty as this has been.

Clinton was the front runner for most of the primary, until Obama emerged, later. You didn't have a different front runner every few weeks, and candidates weren't spending millions upon millions of dollars to rip candidates in their own party. Gingrich, for all the blather about how "smart" he was, may have done more damage to his party than anyone.

Shhhh. You're ruining the narrative.

You really think Clinton vs Obama was as nasty as this has been? Not even close.

Edited by Buftex

That wasn't near as contentious as this has been. You had two candidates in a heated battle, to be sure, but it wasn't anywher as nasty as this has been. thin

Clinton was the front runner for most of the primary, until Obama came along, later. You didn't have a different front runner every few weeks, and candidates weren't spending millions upon millions of dollars to rip candidates in their own party. Gingrich, for all the blather about how "smart" he was, may have done more damage to his party than anyone.

You really think Clinton vs Obama was as nasty as this has been? Not even close.

Not even close? really?...I think that you are conveniently forgetting a few things.

The Obama campaign accused former president Bill Clinton of making "racist" remarks

Clinton's famous 3:00 am phone call ad was certainly as harsh as anything that the GOP has done this year.

How do you figure "either party?" Is someone challenging Obama?

Yes, you total idiot, this

Is worse than Dems in '08, are you really too stupid to see that?

Answer: yes he is

Not even close? really?...I think that you are conveniently forgetting a few things.

The Obama campaign accused former president Bill Clinton of making "racist" remarks

Clinton's famous 3:00 am phone call ad was certainly as harsh as anything that the GOP has done this year.

Last I checked Obama went into the election against McCain with a united party behind him, more united than McCain had. Good luck getting anywhere near that with whatever loser the GOP nominates this year

That wasn't near as contentious as this has been. You had two candidates in a heated battle, to be sure, but it wasn't anywher as nasty as this has been.

Clinton was the front runner for most of the primary, until Obama emerged, later. You didn't have a different front runner every few weeks, and candidates weren't spending millions upon millions of dollars to rip candidates in their own party. Gingrich, for all the blather about how "smart" he was, may have done more damage to his party than anyone.

You're really, really mis-remembering the primary that year. There were momentum swings over and over again, ads about phone calls at 3 am, racist pandering, the list goes on. At some point, you can't quantify 'nasty' and if your whole point is going to rest on 'degrees of nasty', well, then the actual substance of your post is moot.

Okay...no point in gettin into a conversation with people who have no perspective. But, really, Obama/Clinton did not fracture the Democratic party anything close to what we are seeing this with this Republican primary. Sure, some people wanted Hillary Clinton, some wanted Obama, but there was never the level of hostility amongst them, shown at nearly every turn.

Okay...no point in gettin into a conversation with people who have no perspective. But, really, Obama/Clinton did not fracture the Democratic party anything close to what we are seeing this with this Republican primary. Sure, some people wanted Hillary Clinton, some wanted Obama, but there was never the level of hostility amongst them, shown at nearly every turn.

Without a doubt, 2008 marked a low point in relations between black men and fat white women.

No, they're pretty close. Tough to compare this to a primary three years removed, though (because it's not like our recollections are fresh).

But re: volatility, this primary seems far more volatile. Romney's the de facto leader - as evidenced by the constant questions of "can Romney win?" every time someone else takes a lead in the polls. But for a leader to so infrequently actually lead in the polls is downright weird.

You're really, really mis-remembering the primary that year. There were momentum swings over and over again, ads about phone calls at 3 am, racist pandering, the list goes on. At some point, you can't quantify 'nasty' and if your whole point is going to rest on 'degrees of nasty', well, then the actual substance of your post is moot.

Okay...this Republican primary is just like all the others have been... just business as usueal :rolleyes:

The momentum swings you refer to were between Obama and Clinton..that is how it normally works. This Republican primary has had 11 shifts in the front runner...I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that is un-precednted in modern American presidentiall politics. The "racist pandering and 3AM call" (which you parrotted from B-man, even though there is such an extensive list to cherry pick, you claim) And this isn't even necessarily a battle of personalities as much as it is a battle of ideology. Honestly, I think that is what makes it so interesting. Clinton and Obama were much more similar than they are different.

I think it's fair to say that no one knows how fractured the GOP is or will be until after the election. That's why I refer to "ruining the narrative," because from Robert Gibbs ("race to the bottom") to David Axelrod to Wasserman-Shultz to parrots like you and DIN, we get the message: the GOP is fractured, in disarray, it's never been this bad, brokered convention, blah, blah, blah.

Yes, we hear you all, over and over and over, singing the exact same line, which we all know is basic marketing 101. But you seem to forget the airwaves filled with, say, Chris Matthews

But just remember, all you need is more Obama/Biden blunders, another Solyndra, more Fast and Furious, another stimulus failure, another "Oops, we didn't mean for the health care bill to do that," or the unemployment rate to catch up with reality, and no one will care what you think about the state of the GOP.

No, they're pretty close. Tough to compare this to a primary three years removed, though (because it's not like our recollections are fresh).

But re: volatility, this primary seems far more volatile. Romney's the de facto leader - as evidenced by the constant questions of "can Romney win?" every time someone else takes a lead in the polls. But for a leader to so infrequently actually lead in the polls is downright weird.

Exactly...can you think of a front-runner who was so dis-liked by his own party?