12 Scary Debt Facts for 2012

erynthered

Yeah, that went right over your head.

I would vote for JFK over Obama also. Unfortunately he isn't running this year. Reagan took over a weak economy and spent if deficit to kick start it. Obama did the same thing. If Romney or Santorum end up in the White House after this they'll do the same thing.

As for Reagan's tax policy, the tax cuts were paid for with deficit spending. Bankrupting the Soviets? That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Looks like that went over your head too.

I have three daughters by the way. Sorry to ruin your day.

And since it looks like we're getting back on the grammar bandwagon, you might want to put spaces between sentences. Especially when you're trying to tell someone how stupid they are because they have poor spelling or grammar.

Fascism has a pretty strong archetype behind it to turn around and say you only mean it in the general sense. When someone uses the word fascist the first thing that runs through your mind is Hitler isn't it?

It would be kind of like calling someone a rooster sucking monkey f'r. Then turning around and saying you only meant it in the general sense.

Please explain just what went over my head, as if you could ever state something that would go over my head. There is the possibility that I couldn't understand the incoherent ramblings of a imbecile though. Reagan spent in deficit? What does that mean? And btw, the only reason I said i'd vote for JFK today is that he would be the most conservative of all the candidates running (from either party).

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corporate balance sheets are at an all time high because they're not investing in any capital improvements...things like infrastructure, or labor (why do you think the unemployment rate is 2% higher than it was during Bush's "jobless recovery"? Because no one wants to risk capital on expansion.(

In other words...cash-rich corporate balance sheets are not necessarily a good thing, dumbass.

Yes, good is bad and bad is good.

Couldn't corporations with large amounts of cash on hand be seen as a good thing? Everyone loves more money!

For example, if a Republican was President, then it would be a good thing, right? also been seen

Dow @ 13,000---Obama bad!

Please explain just what went over my head,

You wouldn't understand, you are too dumb

Couldn't corporations with large amounts of cash on hand be seen as a good thing? Everyone loves more money!

For example, if a Republican was President, then it would be a good thing, right? also been seen

So, you can't explain what someone else stated went over my head but you felt compelled to stick your feeble mind into the discussion? You are a !@#$ing fool.

What sort of return are the corporations getting on their cash? Compare that with their typical ROI? How is earning a fraction of what they would under normal circumstances a good thing?

Due to the risk involved they aren't spending on expansion. Due to the risk involved they aren't releasing that money back to the shareholders as dividends. They're stuffing the mattress full of cash because they expect a high probability of needing that cash. How is that a good thing?

What sort of return are the corporations getting on their cash? Compare that with their typical ROI? How is earning a fraction of what they would under normal circumstances a good thing?

Due to the risk involved they aren't spending on expansion. Due to the risk involved they aren't releasing that money back to the shareholders as dividends. They're stuffing the mattress full of cash because they expect a high probability of needing that cash. How is that a good thing?

How many assumptions can you make to twist and turn a single argument? So corporations are not earning that much? A fraction of what they should? Prove that please. And what are "normal circumstances"? European and Republican congressional debt shocks?

Blaming Obama for corporations having too much money is just stupid

So, you can't explain what someone else stated went over my head but you felt compelled to stick your feeble mind into the discussion? You are a !@#$ing fool.

What else can he say? I said it pretty clear. How else could I say it in a way that you would understand? Sorry, DIN is right here. You just don't get it. You're too dumb.

What else can he say? I said it pretty clear. How else could I say it in a way that you would understand? Sorry, DIN is right here. You just don't get it. You're too dumb.

One more time. What do you mean by "Reagan spent in deficit"? How can you pay for tax cuts with deficit spending? What don't you get about Reagan bankrupting the Soviets?

You compound your ignorance with obtuseness and then double down with your mutual admiration with Davey.

Cash being sat on isn't being used for capital investment.

Fascism has a pretty strong archetype behind it to turn around and say you only mean it in the general sense. When someone uses the word fascist the first thing that runs through your mind is Hitler isn't it?

No, the first thing that runs through my mind is Mussolini. The second thing that runs through my mind is the principles of nationalism and the Fuhrerprinzip. Hitler's a distant third.

But that's probably because I'm actually edumacated.

It would be kind of like calling someone a rooster sucking monkey f'r. Then turning around and saying you only meant it in the general sense.

Yeah, except it's nothing like that, you rooster sucking monkey !@#$er.

Cash being sat on isn't being used for capital investment.

No, the first thing that runs through my mind is Mussolini. The second thing that runs through my mind is the principles of nationalism and the Fuhrerprinzip. Hitler's a distant third.

But that's probably because I'm actually edumacated.

Yeah, except it's nothing like that, you rooster sucking monkey !@#$er.

Dave's a monkey?

How many assumptions can you make to twist and turn a single argument? So corporations are not earning that much? A fraction of what they should? Prove that please. And what are "normal circumstances"? European and Republican congressional debt shocks?

Blaming Obama for corporations having too much money is just stupid

Holy cow, by choosing this as your response you are proving that you truly are a !@#$ing idiot (sorry Tom), an aspiring to be paid partisan hack, or more likely both.

One more time. What do you mean by "Reagan spent in deficit"? How can you pay for tax cuts with deficit spending? What don't you get about Reagan bankrupting the Soviets?

You compound your ignorance with obtuseness and then double down with your mutual admiration with Davey.

It pains me to know that I may one day have to sit and tell my grandchildren that yes, stupidity like this really is what bankrupted America.

Again, you didn't answer the question. You are pathetic.

Why should I have to explain it to you if you are that frikin stupid. You have know idea how economics works. I would much rather see you continue to make a fool of yourself with questions like "How do we spend if deficit to pay with tax cuts?" It's so much more entertaining to me.

Why should I have to explain it to you if you are that frikin stupid. You have know idea how economics works. I would much rather see you continue to make a fool of yourself with questions like "How do we spend if deficit to pay with tax cuts?" It's so much more entertaining to me.

Wow, just wow. Were you ever deprived of oxygen for an extended period of time? Let me give you a little hint 6, don't go calling people stupid when you don't know the difference between "know" and "no". Don't call someone stupid for a non sensical statement when all they were doing is quoting you. :oops:

Wow, just wow. Were you ever deprived of oxygen for an extended period of time? Let me give you a little hint 6, don't go calling people stupid when you don't know the difference between "know" and "no". Don't call someone stupid for a non sensical statement when all they were doing is quoting you. :oops:

You no, the funny thing about this is how you just don't seem to get it. Nonsensical is also one word dipshit. :oops:

Again, you didn't answer the question. You are pathetic.

Any books out there that cover President Reagan bankruptcy the soviets, as you said? I was fairly young when he was in office and never heard anything like that before.

From what i remember of him, I think he would be embarrassed by the references made about him today.

Any books out there that cover President Reagan bankruptcy the soviets, as you said? I was fairly young when he was in office and never heard anything like that before.

From what i remember of him, I think he would be embarrassed by the references made about him today.

That's because it didn't happen. What bankrupted the Soviets was a sudden drop in the price of oil as well as the fact that the government had been rotting from the inside for about 70 years. He also sold arms to Iran and used the money to fund the contras in Central America.

That's because it didn't happen. What bankrupted the Soviets was a sudden drop in the price of oil as well as the fact that the government had been rotting from the inside for about 70 years. He also sold arms to Iran and used the money to fund the contras in Central America.

again- any books you could recommend?

Inside Job Great film that succinctly explains how we got mother!@#$ed

Reaganomics was myopic and reckless. Well today we are near our debt ceiling and Russia is part of the BRICS leading emerging economies. How you like that Reaganomics now?

Reaganomics was myopic and reckless. Well today we are near our debt ceiling and Russia is part of the BRICS leading emerging economies. How you like that Reaganomics now?

You claim Reagan is responsible for the US being near it's debt ceiling 24 years after he left office? And admire the economy of the builder of the Berlin wall? Unbelievable.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

He challenged them to an arms race that they couldn't win and eventually they had to back down. That precipitated the breakup of the Soviet Union but was not the only reason.

The film and your praise for it shows how nuts you are. You weren't the subject of "A Beautiful Mind" were you?

The film and your praise for it shows how nuts you are. You weren't the subject of "A Beautiful Mind" were you?

Pete might have gone to college, but I severely doubt he ever took any high-level mathematics courses.

This seems to be your usual way of acknowledging that you're in over your head before you bail out of the thread. I'm still waiting for you to get back to me in the Foxconn thread and explain the relationship between free trade, competitive advantage and how it plays into the economic growth model. I'd love to hear about your economic and financial qualifications too, since you've been on record stating that your background is in sociology/psych.

Edited by Jauronimo

You claim Reagan is responsible for the US being near it's debt ceiling 24 years after he left office? And admire the economy of the builder of the Berlin wall? Unbelievable.

He claims "Inside Job" is a great film. That's even more retarded.