Ah, Karl Rove Has His Panties All Twisted In A Wade

As per usual, Dave is off the point here,

The ad invites criticism due to its hypocrisy.

So, bringing in the city of Detroit as some city on the ‘comeback’ after being knocked down, and blah blah blah, was a bit disingenuous as it fails to mention they knocked themselves out.

Detroit and the American car industry would not have made it to ‘half-time’ if it wasn’t for the Bail-Out ™. They were carried by the taxpayer to half-time, beaten and bruised by building inferior products, bloated management and union mismanagement and over-the-rainbow promises to it’s retiring workforce

So, it was nice to see Clint talk about how America will soon roar back (easier said than done), but when I think of Detroit and the auto-industry, I think of bailouts, the U.S. taxpayer being on the hook for a company that refuses to change, a company that thought the Chevy Volt was a good, affordable idea.

America will roar back in spite of Detroit, thank you very much. The rest of us will pick up the slack so crappy car or solar-energy producing companies can exist and disappear and reappear depending upon who is in the White House.

There were many thoughtful articles (both pro and con) about this commercial all over the internet today, I can only assume that Dave chose an obscure one about Karl Rove because it gave him the biggest erection.............

As per usual, Dave is off the point here,

The ad invites criticism due to its hypocrisy.

So, bringing in the city of Detroit as some city on the ‘comeback’ after being knocked down, and blah blah blah, was a bit disingenuous as it fails to mention they knocked themselves out.

Detroit and the American car industry would not have made it to ‘half-time’ if it wasn’t for the Bail-Out ™. They were carried by the taxpayer to half-time, beaten and bruised by building inferior products, bloated management and union mismanagement and over-the-rainbow promises to it’s retiring workforce

So, it was nice to see Clint talk about how America will soon roar back (easier said than done), but when I think of Detroit and the auto-industry, I think of bailouts, the U.S. taxpayer being on the hook for a company that refuses to change, a company that thought the Chevy Volt was a good, affordable idea.

America will roar back in spite of Detroit, thank you very much. The rest of us will pick up the slack so crappy car or solar-energy producing companies can exist and disappear and reappear depending upon who is in the White House.

There were many thoughtful articles (both pro and con) about this commercial all over the internet today, I can only assume that Dave chose an obscure one about Karl Rove because it gave him the biggest erection.............

That could be an oxymoron in this case.

Frankly, I didn't see an overt political partisanship in the ad. The getting up after a punch and "second half" analogies could well involve a proverbial switch of this country's quarterback.

Wow. You may not have intended this, but, I think that would make for a hell of an ad.

Use the same music, lighting, etc., and then hammer it home with "regardless of how likeable the current guy is, and how much we wished he would be the man, we all know when it's time to change the QB". It's like JP Losman. :D

That's how Obama got elected in the first place: since he had no record, a lot of people simply attributed their ideal qualities to him. Bledsoe, the guy who couldn't beat Pittsburgh's 2nd team = Bush, Losman = Obama.

People bent out of shape over this ad and/or what Giselle Bunchen yelled at some hecklers are a bunch of c-nts.

I have seen people make fun of Jizzelle & criticize her lack of press savvy, just like I've heard a few non-vitriolic measured criticisms of the absurdity of characterizing a failed company getting bailed out as the poster story for American perseverance, but the only person I've seen get all that worked up about either is you. Are you having a bad day?

I have seen people make fun of Jizzelle & criticize her lack of press savvy, just like I've heard a few non-vitriolic measured criticisms of the absurdity of characterizing a failed company getting bailed out as the poster story for American perseverance, but the only person I've seen get all that worked up about either is you. Are you having a bad day?

Really? I started this thread? Or the stupid one in general?

I wouldn't have used the word RK did, but he hardly seems bent out of shape. I also agree with both things he is saying people are overreacting about. Sure, Giselle wasn't media savvy and her comment was cringe worthy if you are Tom Brady. At the same time, if I am Brady, pretty cool my wife has my back. Just my take and one would imagine that there is some awkwardness with Brady, his wife and some of the WRs. But, if those guys are big enough bitches to take exception to what some supermodel said when THEY DID F-UP, **** find another team. Of the WRs the only talent is really Welker, as Brady makes the rest of them (note I said WRs).

As to the bolded, do you hold every advertisement to such stringent requirements as to promoting their product? What about this particular advertisement makes you interested? In any case, wouldn't it seem that the ad agency did their job?

I wouldn't have used the word RK did, but he hardly seems bent out of shape. I also agree with both things he is saying people are overreacting about. Sure, Giselle wasn't media savvy and her comment was cringe worthy if you are Tom Brady. At the same time, if I am Brady, pretty cool my wife has my back. Just my take and one would imagine that there is some awkwardness with Brady, his wife and some of the WRs. But, if those guys are big enough bitches to take exception to what some supermodel said when THEY DID F-UP, **** find another team. Of the WRs the only talent is really Welker, as Brady makes the rest of them (note I said WRs).

As to the bolded, do you hold every advertisement to such stringent requirements as to promoting their product? What about this particular advertisement makes you interested? In any case, wouldn't it seem that the ad agency did their job?

She wants to be the only receiver in Tommy's life.

That's the best you got. Why do you even bother coming around here after being MIA? Come on tough guy give it your best shot.

I was MIA due to starting up my own small business. I decided to stop wasting time arguing with guys who admit to being a "character" on the internet unless I had time to waste. Unlike others who feel the need to announce their going away only to come back, I only did the latter. And with my schedule the next few weeks, I would not expect me here much.