The Super Bowl Commercials Thread Part XLVI

Ralonzo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[7:00 PM] Why is Giants #31 celebrating the Pats first down?

1) Bridgestone and I have been dreading this ad campaign since they started teasing it. The taunt on Deion was nice.

2) Go.booby.co and body painting on hot chicks. Didn't this campaign jump the shark about 5 Super Bowls ago?

3) Lexus GS. Call me when it's an LF-A and you're giving me one.

4) Battleship What is this, The Abyss meets Independence Day? Conquering the planet with 8-foot-wide yo-yos.

[7:05 PM] 9-3 Jints.

1) No. No Clydesdales. Don't do it. Everyone celebrating the end of Prohibition? I'll party like this when they repeal the 19th Amendment :)

2) Doritos missing cat. Boooo. Make me want some Tostitos.

3) Camaro. Meh.

[7:08 PM]

1) GE is building the turbines that the deep-sea creatures are killing us with in that movie Battleship.

2) John Carter, Warlord Of Mars.

3) Mannekin Pis. Yeah, like I'm gonna believe a kid gets out of the pool to pee. I don't even know what that ad was for?

[7:12 PM]

2) Volkswagen. Big fat dog, and a bizarre transition into the Star Wars Cantina. I don't even know what that's about.

Last year's VW commercial was the kid dressed as Vader who "started" the car. The commercial switched to the Cantina to indicate they were watching the commercials and the one guy says, "I liked this better than last year's," to which Vader choked him. Kinda clever, although not great.

[7:19 PM]

1) Why are you showing a mostly naked dude during the Super Bowl? H&M thinks we're a bunch of H&Mos?

2) More polar bear idiocy from Coke. Just drop it guys, they are not popular and you can't make them popular.

[7:19 PM]

1) Why are you showing a mostly naked dude during the Super Bowl? H&M thinks we're a bunch of H&Mos?

2) More polar bear idiocy from Coke. Just drop it guys, they are not popular and you can't make them popular.

It's a mostly naked David Beckham...which, now that I think about it, isn't targeted at the US audience (because what idiot would advertise a soccer player during a football game otherwise?)

[7:30 PM] I swear I don't remember the Cantina commercial from last year. But then I drink a lot during the game.

1) Hey this is that Gymkhana guy Ken Block isn't it? Chevy must be paying him a bundle, but I like his

2) Star Wars Phantom Menace in 3D, so you won't just want to reach out and punch Jar Jar Binks but it'll seem like you can.