Luck To Indy Equals Failure?

I think in 3-5 Years Luck will be a Top 1-5 QB in the League...To me he's Big Ben only more athletic, more accurate, and smarter...He completed over 70% of his last 776 Passes at Stanford with 69 TD's and only 18 INT's in that span...That's amazing! He may struggle a bit till Indy gets a Team around him...But when they do he'll do his job exceptionally well IMHO...I got to watch a lot of him this past Season...I was amazed at how effortlessly he put the ball exactly where it needed to be...

I would seriously give just about anything to see that Kid in Buffalo...It's SO sad... :cry:

Luck will not be Manning. Manning was one of the greatest to play this game. I think Indy fans are a little more intelligent than that. He will be a excellent QB in this league in a few years. I also believe Indy fans are a little more patient than the fans in Buffalo. The point is Manning is 36 coming off an injury where he will never be Manning again either. Do you rebuild around a 36 year old Peyton or a 20 something Andrew Luck? I think its pretty simple. I wish Peyton all the best. He will always be the greatest.

Let me start off by saying I am not calling Luck a bust, nor am I wishing anything against him. . . but,

If Luck does get Drafted by Indianapolis, is he being set up to fail? He is going to have to be equal to better than Peyton Manning in order to be considered a success.

People will be expecting big things from the undisputed number 1 pick. Everything Luck does or will do is going to be compared to perhaps the best QB to ever play, Peyton himself.

In Peyton's first year, He completed 60% of his passes for 26 TD's and 28 INT's and almost 4,000 YDS. Luck will need to equal or top that.

I know the league has changed a lot since 1998, but this Colts team is a bigger mess than anyone could have guessed. An aging D that can't stop anyone. An offense that was proven, without #18 couldn't score at all. Luck will be throwing the ball a lot in order to keep pace with opposing teams.

Indy's success was score points first and then sit back in a pass defense and let the d line get after the QB. This year proved that, and it also showed how to stop Indy.

Dalton and Newton were different scenarios. Neither team was expected to do any good this year, and there was no pressure to succeed, and they were able to just play the game. Neither was pegged to be day 1 starter. Both went out with something to prove with no expectations and no bar set.

The weight of the entire organization and city are going to be dropped on to Luck's shoulders. The bar is set tremendously high, he unlike previous picks cannot set his own pace, everything has been dictated for him and now he has to go out and match or go above every bar set for him.

Do you think Luck has a good chance at failure in Indy?

people expect big things from the #1 pick regardless

Luck will not be Manning. Manning was one of the greatest to play this game. I think Indy fans are a little more intelligent than that. He will be a excellent QB in this league in a few years. I also believe Indy fans are a little more patient than the fans in Buffalo. The point is Manning is 36 coming off an injury where he will never be Manning again either. Do you rebuild around a 36 year old Peyton or a 20 something Andrew Luck? I think its pretty simple. I wish Peyton all the best. He will always be the greatest.

Indy fans will be a thing of the past once Manning leaves...sort of like the Rams after the greatest show on turf. Not every city has the passionate fans in the numbers that the Bills have.

It took Manning 9 seasons to win a SB, despite being surrounded by some of the best offensive talent on a single team ever. No one is going to expect better from Luck.

Were Manning's offenses as good as Brady's was in 2007?

people expect big things from the #1 pick regardless

Indy fans will be a thing of the past once Manning leaves...sort of like the Rams after the greatest show on turf. Not every city has the passionate fans in the numbers that the Bills have.

Couldn't agree anymore about Bills fans to Indy fans. There is a chance Indy drafts Luck to sit a year or 2 if Manning could come back and play a few more!

Let me start off by saying I am not calling Luck a bust, nor am I wishing anything against him. . . but,

If Luck does get Drafted by Indianapolis, is he being set up to fail? He is going to have to be equal to better than Peyton Manning in order to be considered a success.

People will be expecting big things from the undisputed number 1 pick. Everything Luck does or will do is going to be compared to perhaps the best QB to ever play, Peyton himself.

In Peyton’s first year, He completed 60% of his passes for 26 TD's and 28 INT's and almost 4,000 YDS. Luck will need to equal or top that.

I know the league has changed a lot since 1998, but this Colts team is a bigger mess than anyone could have guessed. An aging D that can’t stop anyone. An offense that was proven, without #18 couldn’t score at all. Luck will be throwing the ball a lot in order to keep pace with opposing teams.

Indy's success was score points first and then sit back in a pass defense and let the d line get after the QB. This year proved that, and it also showed how to stop Indy.

Dalton and Newton were different scenarios. Neither team was expected to do any good this year, and there was no pressure to succeed, and they were able to just play the game. Neither was pegged to be day 1 starter. Both went out with something to prove with no expectations and no bar set.

The weight of the entire organization and city are going to be dropped on to Luck's shoulders. The bar is set tremendously high, he unlike previous picks cannot set his own pace, everything has been dictated for him and now he has to go out and match or go above every bar set for him.

Do you think Luck has a good chance at failure in Indy?

Heard on ESPN today that the Colts hinted at possibly taking RG3 #1 overall ahead of Luck. Considering RG3's passing numbers this year, and the fact that Baylor was a Big 12 doormat before he came along, Could RG3 possibly be the better pick?

he will not have to be equal to or better than Peyton Manning in order to be considered a success, he just needs to win a super bowl like Aaron Rodgers

What he said!!! If he wins a SuperBowl no one will care about the stats. Steve Young statistically was a better regular season QB than Montana but it meant nothing until he won the SuperBowl. Aikman was never the dynamic player Staubach was but he won SuperBowls.

Yes it will be hard. Buffalo, Miami, and Denver have all failed to find the heir apparent to great QB's. But in the end it may be less about Luck and more about luck. They need to get lucky with two or three solid drafts in a row (which is very hard to do) to replace an aging roster with question marks just about everywhere.

Were Manning's offenses as good as Brady's was in 2007?

Manning has had Marvin Harrison his whole career, Reggie Wayne (whole career), Edge James, Dallas Clark--even guys like Addai and Pollard were solid. And these guys were on the same team at the same time. That's a lot of weapons.

Brady had Welker and Moss in 2007.

Manning has had Marvin Harrison his whole career, Reggie Wayne (whole career), Edge James, Dallas Clark--even guys like Addai and Pollard were solid. And these guys were on the same team at the same time. That's a lot of weapons.

Brady had Welker and Moss in 2007.

He had them in 2009 as well. The point being, he had arguably the greatest offense in NFL history in 2007, and couldn't win a SB. Whereas he won 3 SB's with a mostly no name offense, and Manning won a SB without Harrison or Edge.

I do think the "experts" and Colts are doing Luck no favors. The expectations he has to live up is insane. Plus, he is going to have to replace the greatest regular season QB ever. In fact, Luck will have trouble living up to the standards Newton set and even Dalton to a smaller extent.

I do think the "experts" and Colts are doing Luck no favors. The expectations he has to live up is insane. Plus, he is going to have to replace the greatest regular season QB ever. In fact, Luck will have trouble living up to the standards Newton set and even Dalton to a smaller extent.

The hype about Luck started well before the Colts were in the driver's seat to get him. If anything, Luck did himself no favors. ;)