Chan Gailey 3pm presser, today

Justice

Ugh, I have to say Im not real happy about that. However, I do agree with the sentiment that our "Base D" isnt very important as most teams use multiple fronts each game.

But still... Cmon Bills... :wallbash:

edit: The only positive I see in this is we have more reason to go after Mario Williams. Which I still doubt will happen.

Edited by DrDareustein

I like Buddy and Chan. That being said, was this all part of Buddy's master plan? I guess Wanny necessitated this change, but why didn't they go after a proven 3-4 guy two years ago?

At least we have players with 4-3 experience. Carrington is an 4-3 DE in college and Troup was a DT.

Crossing fingers Wanny makes all of this belly aching a moot point with an improved defense.

I like Buddy and Chan. That being said, was this all part of Buddy's master plan? I guess Wanny necessitated this change, but why didn't they go after a proven 3-4 guy two years ago?

At least we have players with 4-3 experience. Carrington is an 4-3 DE in college and Troup was a DT.

Crossing fingers Wanny makes all of this belly aching a moot point with an improved defense.

Most likely reasons:

1.) Couldn't afford one - whether because his salary wasn't in the budget, or because Gailey's a low-paid head coach and you can't higher a DC at about the same salary.

2.) Did go after one (or more), but were turned down, because he/they didn't like the situation, didn't want to work for Gailey, didn't want to move, or whatever.

3.) No proven 3-4 guys were available at the time.

Ugh, I have to say Im not real happy about that. However, I do agree with the sentiment that our "Base D" isnt very important as most teams use multiple fronts each game.

But still... Cmon Bills... :wallbash:

edit: The only positive I see in this is we have more reason to go after Mario Williams. Which I still doubt will happen.

I am very unhappy. I can't believe that Chan just wasted two years and many picks on a defense he underestimated.

That is where Buddy had to step in and say transitioning from tampa 2 to a 34 is impossible and by the way we don't

have a DC that knows how to run it. It is like the blind leading the blind at one bills drive!

I am very unhappy. I can't believe that Chan just wasted two years and many picks on a defense he underestimated.

That is where Buddy had to step in and say transitioning from tampa 2 to a 34 is impossible and by the way we don't

have a DC that knows how to run it. It is like the blind leading the blind at one bills drive!

They didn't waste picks. Most of their picks on D can play in either defense. And they played a lot of 43 last year anyway.

Please name the wasted picks.

Who did we draft/sign who is simply not built for a 4-3 base?

Yes, I'm challenging your reaction, but I'm also genuinely curious. So please enlighten.

Yes, I'm challenging your reaction, but I'm also genuinely curious. So please enlighten.

I think he's saying the opposite, that we didn't draft enough guys built for a base 3-4 the last 2 years.

I kind of wonder if Buddy Nix simply has much more expertise drafting 4-3 players.

The only guy who might be boned is Troup, and I think even he played in a 4-3 at UCF.

I dont think we wasted any picks (outside of Troup). But I do agree we wasted a lot of time teaching the rookies one thing, just to switch it on them.

I also stand behind Buddy that we needed to get out of the Tampa-2 as quickly as possible.

Mike Nolan is who I wanted the Bills to bring in to run our 34, and he will be in Atlanta this year running their 43. Any way we can pull off a coaches trade? lol

Moats, Batten, and Chris White?

Where do these guys fit in now?

same place as before: the bench.

but seriously, moats and batten can spell as situational pass rushers in odd man nickel fronts and dollar packages. not every draft pick is going to be a starter, much less a pro bowler.