Conditional pick from Lynch trade?

....lybob

Buffalo will receive a 2011 fourth-round pick and a 2012 conditional pick, a Seahawks team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. The conditional pick is a sixth-round selection that can become a fifth-rounder based on Lynch's productivity with Seattle.

I'd think we'd be getting a 5th round pick but who knows

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drafttek still shows Seattle as owning their fifth rounder

I don't know how reliable a source that is in this case.

I'd think we'd be getting a 5th round pick but who knows

Depends on the trigger really. Could be anything from carries to yards, awards, or even a new contract might be involved.

Drafttek still shows Seattle as owning their fifth rounder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NFL_Draft#Round_five

Third entry from the bottom… says undetermined although I'm sure someone somewhere knows...

Undetermined

• Cleveland → Minnesota (PD). Cleveland traded this selection to Minnesota for defensive end Jayme Mitchell.[source 11]
  • Denver → Cleveland (PD). Denver traded this conditional selection, a 2011 sixth-round selection, and running back Peyton Hillis to Cleveland for quarterback Brady Quinn.[source 12]
  • Jacksonville → New York Jets (PD). Jacksonville traded this selection to the New York Jets for defensive back Dwight Lowery.[source 13]
  • Miami → New Orleans (PD). Miami traded an undisclosed selection to New Orleans for running back Reggie Bush and an undisclosed selection.[source 14]
  • Minnesota → Washington (PD). Minnesota traded this conditional selection and a 2013 sixth-round selection to Washington for quarterback Donovan McNabb.[source 15]
  • New York Giants → Minnesota (PD). The New York Giants traded this conditional selection and a 2011 fifth-round selection to Minnesota for running backDarius Reynaud and quarterback Sage Rosenfels.[source 16]
  • New York Jets → Green Bay (PD). The Jets traded a conditional selection to Green Bay in exchange for guard Caleb Schlauderaff.[source 17]
  • Seattle → Buffalo (PD). Seattle traded this conditional selection and a 2011 fourth-round selection to Buffalo for running back Marshawn Lynch.[source 18]
  • Seattle → Detroit (PD). Seattle traded an undisclosed selection to Detroit for offensive tackle Tyler Polumbus.[source 19]
  • Tennessee → Green Bay (PD). Tennessee traded an undisclosed draft selection to Green Bay in exchange for fullback Quinn Johnson.[source 20

Do we get a 6th or a 5th round pick this year as part of the deal?

He gained over a thousand yards and is playing in the Probowl.

I would think that this would be enough to bump the conditional 6th up to the 5th.

Anyone hear anything?

Edited by turftoe

Seattle pushed it in our poop shoot on that deal either way. I don't disagree with parting ways with Marshawn, but we could have gotten more out of that deal.

He had a career year in his contract year, let's see what he does once he gets paid

Bills didn't have any bargaining power at the time

Shouldn't have traded him, shouldn't have drafted Spilller + Troup and should have drafted Tebow and Gronkowski.

Tebow? :huh:

I'm no Fitz fan...at all...But I'd take Anthony Davis, Jason Pierre-Paul, or Dez Bryant over Tebow any day...

Shouldn't have traded him, shouldn't have drafted Spilller + Troup and should have drafted Tebow and Gronkowski.

...and we should have drafted Ngata instead of Whitner, Pierre-Paul instead of Spiller, and Gronkowski. Should have kept Pat Williams, London Fletcher, and Antoine Winfield. Should have outbid Miami for Cameron Wake.

Shoulda, shoulda, shoulda.

Maybe we should stop 'shoulding' on ourselves, and agree that for the past decade prior to Nix and Whaley, we had a terrible scouting department, GM's, and professional scouting.

Seattle pushed it in our poop shoot on that deal either way. I don't disagree with parting ways with Marshawn, but we could have gotten more out of that deal.

Nah.... They got two picks for him which far outweighed the production he was getting. I didn't like the spiller pick either but since that's been done, the right moves were made...,

QBs win Championships. With his unyielding will to win and work and Chan's QB tutelage we would have our franchise QB.

tebow is not a qb... he will be figured out like he was did in playoffs. broncos better bring someone else in but tebow is gonna last as long as wildcat did...

im 110% fine with cj.. hes gonna be very valuable next yr and is a true pro a team guy.. never whines about playing time, freddy is gonna be a divs this offseason cuz this is his last chance at payday.. hope they dont hand him big cash, i dont care how good he was last yr.. he deserves a mid level contract for 3 yrs and split tim with cj.. if he cant accept that, adios mr. coe college and trade him.. anyone that doesnt think we can get a 2nd or 3rd 4 him is nuts... there r quite a few teams that need a proven RB , first team to come to mind is detroit and packers.. both out of conference, and all they are missing on offense is a steady running back..

we have more preseing issues than RB, CJ filled in beyond find , hes average per carry was as good as freddy and scored as many td's as freddy did ith a banged up line and fitz. i would be 100% cool with CJ and choice being back next yr and adding another 2nd day pick

Edited by Beerball