Dwight Schrute spin-off

Buftex

I know, right? I laughed at that too. I think it's the first that I recall happening, not counting reality tv shows where that's probably happened a few times.

Actually, I just remembered that NCIS was a spin-off of JAG. So NCIS:Red is a spin-off of a spin-off (NCIS:LA) of a spin-off (NCIS).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Were all of the Happy Days spinoffs all directly from that show?

"Happy Days" was sort of a spin-off of "Love American Style". "Laverne & Shirley", "Mork & Mindy" and "Joanie Loves Chachi" are the ones I can think of. Seems like there might have been more.

Were all of the Happy Days spinoffs all directly from that show?

Yes, I think all the Happy Days related shows were spin-offs of the orignial show.

Now, I am pretty sure "All In the Family" had a spin-off or two from spin-offs, if that makes sense. "Maude" was a spin-off of "All In the Family" and, belivieve it or not, "Good Times" was a spin-off from "Maude". All pretty long-running and successful shows.

This may not count, but an interesting bit of tv spin-off trivia...there was MASH...then you had the short-lived "After-MASH"...but you also had the even shorter lived "Radar" which aired for a whopping 1 episode.