Mario Williams

BeastMode54

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to make a play for Mario Willams. He is scheme diverse and we could continue to run a hybrid defense with him. Just imagine our 43 front with him:

Kelsay/Merriman/Draftee - Willams - Dareus - Willams

That would be one hell of a front. Both Dareus and Willams will demand double teams inside leaving Mario Willams all by his lonesome. He could an absolute force playing next to those two. The signing of Mario Willams would really elevate this defense. Would also allow us a lot more flexibility in the draft.

We could still go after Courtney Upshaw to play OLB. Adding Upshaw and Willams would be a grand slam IMO

My list of relatively young 4-3 free agent DEs I'd like in order of preference

1. Mario Williams

2. Calais Campbell

3. Cliff Avril

4. Jeremy Mincey

5. Mark Anderson

6. Jamaal Anderson

7. Dave Tollefson

8. Ahmad Brooks- really a 3-4 olb but 6,3 260

My guess is that the top 3 are a pipe dream

Buddy said they'd spend to the cap, on a cash to the cap basis. There's no way they're $100M under the cap to be able to afford him.

You do realize that your not fitting a full contract under, just first year dollars, right? or did you think we were like 150m under last year before signing fitz, Williams, Barnett, thigpen, smith, etc...

You do realize that your not fitting a full contract under, just first year dollars, right? or did you think we were like 150m under last year before signing fitz, Williams, Barnett, thigpen, smith, etc...

Yeah, I changed it about 30 seconds after I typed it, you caught me before the edit. Regardless of the number I think it means they can't afford him using that method, nor do I think he'd have any interest in coming to Buffalo.

Edited by Carey Bender

we would have too many william's on the D.we wouldnt know who the announcers are talking about :thumbsup: speaking of which,did you guys see KYLE WILLIAMS playing reciever sunday.

dude lost some weight and spent way too much time in the sun :blink::thumbsup: just joking around

How about Atoine Moldin covering Atquain Boldin yestrday at the Raven/Pats game.

I also really appreciated the little battle going on between Edleman (the bewb grabber) and Boldin!

Buddy said they'd spend to the cap, on a cash to the cap basis.

OK, just so they don't go cash for crap on us.

Edited by Cookiemonster

I would love to make a play for Mario Willams. He is scheme diverse and we could continue to run a hybrid defense with him. Just imagine our 43 front with him:

Kelsay/Merriman/Draftee - Willams - Dareus - Willams

That would be one hell of a front. Both Dareus and Willams will demand double teams inside leaving Mario Willams all by his lonesome. He could an absolute force playing next to those two. The signing of Mario Willams would really elevate this defense. Would also allow us a lot more flexibility in the draft.

We could still go after Courtney Upshaw to play OLB. Adding Upshaw and Willams would be a grand slam IMO

Yeah Mario Williams may be "scheme diverse" but you can bet dimes to doughnuts that he doesn't want to be in a hybrid scheme. He wants to play 4-3 DE and thats it.

So the odds of him going to a hybrid team are pretty low.

Its a nice dream though.

If we truly are spending to the cap this year, do you think we will go after Williams? And maybe if not him then Cliff Avril? Their additions would be the boost to pass rush that we need to get over the hump IMO

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/01/23/super.bowl.xlvi.matchup/2.html

I'd love either of those guys. Williams would give us one of the strongest 4-3 dlines in football.

Avril was probably the most underrated DE this season, and might be a better pure pass rusher than Williams. Every time I watched him he was all over the opposing backfield, this guy has star talent...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Yeah Mario Williams may be "scheme diverse" but you can bet dimes to doughnuts that he doesn't want to be in a hybrid scheme. He wants to play 4-3 DE and thats it.

Its a nice dream though.

If they were able to land Mario Williams, I would probably play the 43 front the vast majority of the time. I just think he would be way more dominate out of the the RE spot in the 40 front then at OLB in the 30 front.

We already play it the majority of snaps any ways. Any time they are in the nickel or dime defense, that is a 4 man front. I would have no problem with them going to a 40 front if that is what it took to land Mario williams .

I think the 40 front will be our strongest unit anyways next season. I would much rather have Kyle Willams and Marcell Dareus lined up together inside at the two DT spots then force one of them outside. Dareus can play DE but he was much more productive inside

Its a nice dream though.

I agree with that. Williams definitely SHOULD be in a 4-3, and I'm sure wants to be in a 4-3. But do we know what the Bills are doing yet? What if Wanny tells Williams that they will be going to a 4-3?

Edited by Turbosrrgood