American Idol

Clippers of Nfl

I keep thinking this is a joke. Too early for April fools though. How could the producers reveal his personal business like that. I know its public info but still. Dammmmmnnnnnn

Yeah, stuff like that should be done off air. Very tacky. :thumbdown:

That whole thing was very awkward.

I hate to say it, cause I've always loved this show, but last night I thought everyone sucked except Colton and the last girl. I don't know what was going on with song choice, but everyone picked a damn RE-MAKE from the year they were born...most of those songs were from the 70s and early 80s. Endless Love? Turn the Beat Around? Wtf? SING SOMETHING MODERN!!!! That's why I loved what Colton did...he sang something I haven't already heard on this show a million times before. And that one girl (dtr of the pitcher) who sang "One Fine Day" was awful...I don't know if the judges had corn in their ears or what, but that was not good...

Yeah, I didn't get this either. There were so many better songs out in the years they were born to choose from and they choose REMAKES? :blink:

All I know is that I felt very old when a couple of them said that they were born in 1995?? :ph34r:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, stuff like that should be done off air. Very tacky. :thumbdown:

Yeah, I didn't get this either. There were so many better songs out in the years they were born to choose from and they choose REMAKES? :blink:

All I know is that I felt very old when a couple of them said that they were born in 1995?? :ph34r:

I was feeling pretty old, too...I'm just glad you're gonna hit the "mark that shall go un-named" before I will!

What a difference a week makes.

I don't know what was going on, but there were so many unforgettable performances.

Hollie, Colton & Joshua were the standouts by far, and Phillip & Jessica were good.

How did HeeJun & DeAndre avoid the bottom 3 tonight?

I felt bad for Shannon, I thought she could have been a strong contender, but it just was not meant to be.

Yikes! Did they really have to humiliate Jermaine like that? They didn't even do that to Frenchie. Ok, so the guy did not come clean about his past, but do that stuff off the air, please!

What a difference a week makes.

I don't know what was going on, but there were so many unforgettable performances.

Hollie, Colton & Joshua were the standouts by far, and Phillip & Jessica were good.

How did HeeJun & DeAndre avoid the bottom 3 tonight?

I felt bad for Shannon, I thought she could have been a strong contender, but it just was not meant to be.

Yikes! Did they really have to humiliate Jermaine like that? They didn't even do that to Frenchie. Ok, so the guy did not come clean about his past, but do that stuff off the air, please!

Whats up Mark. Yeah. I thought that was abuse of power/confidence. Sure he signed a contract. Sure he made a mistake. But to blast him like that?????? I hope he sues them. Hopefully at least getting some shut up money.

Like I was telling my wife. Those mf producers are producers. Not judges. Poor guy didnt have to explain sh to them. That was tasteless, imo.

Regarding the show. I think Shannon is a very pretty girl. But she's not a professional singer. I dont think she has IT.

Heyjune has to go man...... Deandre at least has a sweet voice.

Well I was sleeping through most of the show tonight...until the final two performances. Colton and Jessica gave two of the best performances I've seen on the show in quite a while. I loved both of them.

Can we please get rid of Hilfiger? Does anyone really give a flying poop what these kids wear? Nobody listened to a damn thing he said except the girl who totally changed her hair. Everyone else pretty much told Tommy to shove it by not following his suggestions.

i really liked phillip phillips philly a lot yesterday.

i still like holly cavanaugh a whole lot.

elise reminds me of adeles first album, "19". Elise has not been getting many votes. Something tells me that after the show, win or lose, she will be ok in the music world.

cant wait to see haley tonight. she did "benny and the jets" last year. Better than elton john, imo.

I was not as impressed with Elise as the judges were.

HeeJun was miles better than last week. Nice to see him have a little fun for a change.

Jessica & Colton were great, Phillip was really smooth and even though Hollie took a step sideways, she is still a front runner.

I think Skylar could be in a little trouble.

Erika was very good. I hope she lasts a little longer.

DeAndre needs to go. He was pretty good last night, but honestly, do you think you are seeing the next "American Idol" when you watch him? IMO he's already won big because he will be on the "Idol Tour" this summer.

IMO he's already won big because he will be on the "Idol Tour" this summer.

I totally agree. Back in 2002, I took my ex-wife to the Clay Aiken/Kelly Clarkson show...It was pretty good if you like that sort of thing (I admit I like both Clay and Kelly), and I was living vicariously through them while they performed. The place was just going nuts and I can't even fathom what a total rush that must be to have fans like that. If I were on Idol, making the tour would be good enough for me. Just to experience that once in your life is something most never get to do.

I loved Colton's version of Piano Man! That's one of my favorite Billy Joel's songs so I was glad he sang it well. Other than Jessica and Colton, everyone else sucked, IMO. :lol:

Is anyone else annoyed when Ryan asks the judges at the end of the show who they thought sucked and who they thought did well? To me it's kind of tacky and it seems like this sways some of the voters into voting based on what the judges say. I dunno...I just don't see why they do that.

I loved Colton's version of Piano Man! That's one of my favorite Billy Joel's songs so I was glad he sang it well. Other than Jessica and Colton, everyone else sucked, IMO. :lol:

Is anyone else annoyed when Ryan asks the judges at the end of the show who they thought sucked and who they thought did well? To me it's kind of tacky and it seems like this sways some of the voters into voting based on what the judges say. I dunno...I just don't see why they do that.

maybe that's why i liked phillip. i like "moving out" a lot too.

something about colton. i donkt know if everyone sees it. he still needs that "hmmph" that "it" factor. of course he has talent. but i dont see superstar in him (yet?). maybe this show will give him that extra push or drive that he needs.

dont mind the ryan thing at the end..

• 2 weeks later...

Whats up Mark. Yeah. I thought that was abuse of power/confidence. Sure he signed a contract. Sure he made a mistake. But to blast him like that?????? I hope he sues them. Hopefully at least getting some shut up money.

Like I was telling my wife. Those mf producers are producers. Not judges. Poor guy didnt have to explain sh to them. That was tasteless, imo.

Regarding the show. I think Shannon is a very pretty girl. But she's not a professional singer. I dont think she has IT.

Heyjune has to go man...... Deandre at least has a sweet voice.

HeeJun is gone. DeAndre survives another week. Hollie and Skylar too.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

This AI thread has fallen greatly from the days when Johnny Coli(at least I think it was him) would write hilarious reviews of each weeks show. :thumbsup:

yes...yes it has

This AI thread has fallen greatly from the days when Johnny Coli(at least I think it was him) would write hilarious reviews of each weeks show. :thumbsup:

What ever happened to him anyway?

I just can't get too excited about AI this year for some reason. Maybe it's runs it's course for me. :unsure: It's pretty boring watching it by myself too. :(

It's pretty boring watching it by myself too. :(

I have no sympathy for you...you know darn well I've invited you to move to ATL for a year or two out of your life...I've got a beautiful suburban apartment with an empty master bedroom...but you're apparently determined to stay in the same town for all of eternity :wallbash:

Edited by ajzepp

I have no sympathy for you...you know darn well I've invited you to move to ATL for a year or two out of your life...I've got a beautiful suburban apartment with an empty master bedroom...but you're apparently determined to stay in the same town for all of eternity :wallbash:

And what am I supposed to do after the year is over? Move back and start all over again??? Besides most of my family haven't even met you so they wonder WTF I'm giving up everything to move across the country to move in with someone they've never met. It's not as easy as you think. :)

And what am I supposed to do after the year is over? Move back and start all over again??? Besides most of my family haven't even met you so they wonder WTF I'm giving up everything to move across the country to move in with someone they've never met. It's not as easy as you think. :)

Start WHAT all over again? Give all of WHAT up? What isn't as easy as I think? Moving? Do you have any idea how many times I've moved in my life? lol It's okay do things in life that your parents don't sign off on, Lana...especially once you hit your 20s...and 30s...and so on. We've known each other for FIFTEEN YEARS lol.