The Left's Atlas Shrugged moment

The world will change when you are ready to pronounce this oath:

I swear by my Life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man,

nor ask another man to live for the sake of mine.

--John Galt, edited by me

Edited by John Adams

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged

All the regs cut both ways.

You mean Ayn Rand the red baiter?

http://www.aynrand.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=6125

Ohh yeah, knew about that.

I love this ignorant statement:

Miss Rand: I don't know, because on the other hand I think we could have used the lend-lease supplies that we sent there to much better advantage ourselves.

I could only imagine if my great uncle had not been a part of aiding the USSR against the Nazis (as a member of the QM arm of the US Army in the Middle East) and they had fallen. That's just blatantly ignorant stuff, and the Red Menace HUUAC BS is just too much to comprehend. That's right, Miss Rand, let the Nazis overrun all of Europe and let the Soviets fend for themselves. Great military strategy. Very impressive.

Edited by BmoreBills

You mean Ayn Rand the red baiter?

http://www.aynrand.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=6125

Ohh yeah, knew about that.

I love this ignorant statement:

Miss Rand: I don't know, because on the other hand I think we could have used the lend-lease supplies that we sent there to much better advantage ourselves.

I could only imagine if my great uncle had not been a part of aiding the USSR against the Nazis (as a member of the QM arm of the US Army in the Middle East) and they had fallen. That's just blatantly ignorant stuff, and the Red Menace HUUAC BS is just too much to comprehend. That's right, Miss Rand, let the Nazis overrun all of Europe and let the Soviets fend for themselves. Great military strategy. Very impressive.

Didn't know she left Russia in 1926, though. That explains a lot of her attitude. Doesn't excuse it, just explains it.

And that is a stunningly ignorant statement. The US provided to the USSR about 1000 calories of rations per Russian soldier per day for the entire war (otherwise known as "a whole shitload of Spam"). Between that, shoe leather, and clothing, she's basically advocating that the extremely well-supplied Americans should be even more pampered at the expense of leaving some ten million Russian civilians naked, barefoot, and starving to death.

Didn't know she left Russia in 1926, though. That explains a lot of her attitude. Doesn't excuse it, just explains it.

And that is a stunningly ignorant statement. The US provided to the USSR about 1000 calories of rations per Russian soldier per day for the entire war (otherwise known as "a whole shitload of Spam"). Between that, shoe leather, and clothing, she's basically advocating that the extremely well-supplied Americans should be even more pampered at the expense of leaving some ten million Russian civilians naked, barefoot, and starving to death.

Well if spam was part of the lend-lease program, they certainly paid us back after the war with a whole lot of schit.

Edited by 3rdnlng

We barely made D-Day/Bocage work because of Montgomery over promising and under delivering. Imagine what those hedgerows would have been like with at least 5 more Panzer divisions, and most of their Tigers. Hell ask the Canadians how they, who were mauled severely by what the Germans did have, would have liked facing 3x the number of tanks, assuming reductions by air power.

If anything, keeping the Russians in the game significantly reduced our casualties....and the Russians took them instead. Too bad. :D

You would think that concept wouldn't elude somebody who didn't like the USSR.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

We barely made D-Day/Bocage work because of Montgomery over promising and under delivering. Imagine what those hedgerows would have been like with at least 5 more Panzer divisions, and most of their Tigers. Hell ask the Canadians how they, who were mauled severely by what the Germans did have, would have liked facing 3x the number of tanks, assuming reductions by air power.

Surprisingly, given the topic, I don't feel like writing a three-page post on why you don't know what you're talking about. I'll summarize it to three words: logistics, you moron.

If anything, keeping the Russians in the game significantly reduced our casualties....and the Russians took them instead. Too bad. :D

It's been said that WWII was won with American industry, British technology, and Russian blood.

And Spam. Lots of Spam. (Ask any Aussie, it's better than bully beef and orange marmalade.)

It's been said that WWII was won with American industry, British technology, and Russian blood.

And Spam. Lots of Spam. (Ask any Aussie, it's better than bully beef and orange marmalade.)

WWII was won by email for low rate mortgages, cheap medication from Canada, online degrees, and smuggling Hitler's gold out of Austria?

:unsure:

Surprisingly, given the topic, I don't feel like writing a three-page post on why you don't know what you're talking about. I'll summarize it to three words: logistics, you moron.

Last time I checked it was a hell of a lot easier to get a tank from the Ruhr to France than Volgograd. Logistics? What does that have to do with Monty not moving fast enough in the first 5 days, wasting the initiative, and then designing an awful attack that failed miserably and got a lot of Canadians killed? They had all their supplies, they just had a bad plan, and a poncy commander.

What were the 5 things Eisenhower credited? I always forget. I know one of them was the bazooka. Was spam in there? :lol:

Last time I checked it was a hell of a lot easier to get a tank from the Ruhr to France than Volgograd. Logistics? What does that have to do with Monty not moving fast enough in the first 5 days, wasting the initiative, and then designing an awful attack that failed miserably and got a lot of Canadians killed? They had all their supplies, they just had a bad plan, and a poncy commander.

What were the 5 things Eisenhower credited? I always forget. I know one of them was the bazooka. Was spam in there? :lol:

Unless the last you checked was 1944, then shut the !@#$ up.