Cool 2011 Fred Jackson

Estro

Good highlight video of Freddy J, I found on youtube. Pretty well done, and I appreciate the CL Smooth - Pete Rock tune (true hip hop).

BTW, I just want to point out.....I think Freddy J's change of direction is what makes him so potent. He can stop on a dime and reverse course with the best of them. His run at the 1:28 mark in the video is a great example of his running: Hit the hole, follow your blocks, and then make the safety miss to pick up the extra yardage. Enjoy!

P.S. - Love the F Bomb by Brady at the 1:50 mark.

Edited by Estro

Love it man, Sick video, shows you why have resign him for all those who think otherwise

After listening to Nix' presser, I'm confident the Bills and Fred will work something out. With that said, I don't think a deal gets done with Fred until after the draft, Buddy almost admitted as much, saying something to the effect of "we have Freddy locked up until March of 2013, so we want to get something done, but there's more pressing needs right now".

So if they do work something out I'd expect it to be around training camp, when everyones back and you have the time to negotiate. It'll be an interesting negotation too, because as valuable as he is, the Bills do not want to overpay for a 30+ back with a younger option already on the roster. I sincerely hope the Bills reward the guy for all the hard work, but I'm not entirely opposed to waiting another year to get it done either. Some players seem to play with that extra chip and effort in contract years, and the Bills could use that type of fire next season.

After listening to Nix' presser, I'm confident the Bills and Fred will work something out. With that said, I don't think a deal gets done with Fred until after the draft, Buddy almost admitted as much, saying something to the effect of "we have Freddy locked up until March of 2013, so we want to get something done, but there's more pressing needs right now".

So if they do work something out I'd expect it to be around training camp, when everyones back and you have the time to negotiate. It'll be an interesting negotation too, because as valuable as he is, the Bills do not want to overpay for a 30+ back with a younger option already on the roster. I sincerely hope the Bills reward the guy for all the hard work, but I'm not entirely opposed to waiting another year to get it done either. Some players seem to play with that extra chip and effort in contract years, and the Bills could use that type of fire next season.

agreed, when buddy said he wanted Fred to finish his career as a bill I was happy to see that Nix values him greatly. Even as he ages if spiller ends up taking the #1 spot at some point in the future and Fred takes a bit of a backseat, we would have the best 3rd down back in the league

agreed, when buddy said he wanted Fred to finish his career as a bill I was happy to see that Nix values him greatly. Even as he ages if spiller ends up taking the #1 spot at some point in the future and Fred takes a bit of a backseat, we would have the best 3rd down back in the league

Just took a look at your mock draft, that Stephon Gilmore looks pretty good, especially in run support. First I've heard of him, how is he against the pass? I did see that he's projected to run a little bit of a slower 40 (4.5 range)

Just took a look at your mock draft, that Stephon Gilmore looks pretty good, especially in run support. First I've heard of him, how is he against the pass? I did see that he's projected to run a little bit of a slower 40 (4.5 range)

Gilmore's pass coverage a year ago was a little rusty but it improved this year. He had 4 ints and 6 pass deflections all season including the Capital One bowl vs. Nebraska. He was named to Espn's all bowl team (not that it means a whole lot) the other day along with Brandon boykin who could be another bills target. The thing I like about him a lot is that while he doesn't possess the top end speed he is 6-1 193lbs and a tough SOB. Idk if he would ever start much right off the bat, but if he could hone in his man coverage skills a bit more, his big frame makes him hard to get the ball over.

Given our division Buffalo is always facing big receivers yet we can't ever match them up in size with our current roster (barring aaron Williams). Between Plaxico, Keller, Marshall, Fasano, Gronkowski & Hernandez We need a big tough guy who can be that extra corner in nickle or Dime to press or man up on a big receiver and I think gilmore could be that guy.

Here is a quote from his CBS analysis.

"Intangibles: Quiet, hard-working player who consistently gets praises from coaches and teammates about his work ethic and attitude. Puts in time in the film room, knows his opponents and defensive scheme inside and out. No worries about on-field effort, brings tenacious attitude on every play."

Problem is that he very well might not make it out of the first round

Edited by syrcuse315

Gilmore

Problem is that he very well might not make it out of the first round

Love the guy. I think he gets to about pick #42. Oh, is that the Bills' pick in RD2? :thumbsup:

Gilmore plays really well up in the bump and run style, which you'll see more of from the Bills. He communicates well both on and off the field, he's a playmaker with super INT skills, and he's scrappy, something I think the Bills are looking for in back.

I like Boykin, too, who we have at #74 here. That's exactly at pick RD3 for the Bills!

How 'bout

1-Upshaw

2-Gilmore

3-Boykin

Astro

The video was great the way it was put together & as you said the F bomb from Bradey was great too !! But when the "artist" (which seems to be a main stay in hip hop or rap) "music" uses the N word :wallbash: I for one lose any & all respect for the person as an artist :thumbdown: !!

I wrote a whole couple of sentences on the subject but deleted them because this is a football site not a place for discussing ignorance & double standards in the use of the N word !!

But i am glad that some one noticed that Freddy J is amongst the top flight talent in the NFL !!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: I just hope the Bills realize it & PAY THE MAN !!!

Man O Man Freddy is so sweat, Bleeds red white n blue through n through! He is so talented, tough, and does so many things great without great speed, but is slippery and hard to take down.O he is good at blocking\protecting QB as well. I really do hope he ends his career as a BILL! :thumbsup:

One bright spot on the Bills. Shame it took so long to make the cut. Ill miss Fred Jackson when he retires. Stand up guy and a hard runner. Thanks for posting the link. Hope to see him finish out his career here and hopefully make the playoffs while he is still on the team. Fred Jackson, I salute you!

• 4 weeks later...