what pick would you despise at number 1?

Trader

I am an ND fan and Floyd is a good WR, but durable he is not. He's had knee issues and a broken collarbone. He was injured making that great catch against FSU in the bowl game and did not return. I do believe he will be successful in the NFL. He's big, has deceptive speed, solid route runner, can jump out the gym, has excellent hands, and adjusts to the ball well to make tough catches. That being said, I don't want us to take him at #10 if we stay put. I still want Blackmon if we can trade up because I think he is head and shoulders above the rest.

Because Sanu Blackmon Sanu is going to be the best NFL receiver in this draft class. I can see Party Boy Floyd getting arrested 1st week out of camp for a DWI...oops, too soon?

Fixed it.

Double fixed! :ph34r:

Edited by Armchair GM

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think my head will explode if they pick a Corner at 10

I would like to see a legit LT but have no problem with them drafting the best pass rusher / LB at this spot...Upshaw looks like a monster but is he an OLB in the NFL or a DE?

He could definitely play 3-4 OLB in the NFL, no doubt. If we go to a 4-3 the question is could he play DE. Everyone else seems to overwhelmingly says yes. I don't doubt that he could, but I think it's reasonable to be a little nervous about taking a player dominant at one position and assuming he can play another.

If the Bills do take him, I would love to see them still run some 3-4 where he is a known stud...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama. He does not look NFL ready to me. Kind of a thin lanky body. He did not tackle well against LSU. He had a great play on Special teams during the championship game but he looks like a guy who would spend his first two seasons on IR to me. I do think he will be a very goood nfl player .. Someday.

:blink: he played good and came up in run support hard and looked better than LSU's Claiborne. I would be stoked if we get him and you are :wacko:

I'd be very surprised to see anything but an OT, OLB or DE. Wouldn't necessarily despise a WR pick. I don't see a franchise qb showing up at 10 to cause controversy. I think anything other than the four positions would make it hard not to despise the pick.

+1. Well put.

It's likely going to be LT, DE/OLB or WR unless a very clear elite player fell. Buddy pretty much said so and he's a straight shooter.

In prior years we were so bad that we just took "best available".

I hope we trade down though in a scenario we can't take one of the three above.

Anyone with an abject prejudice against DB's really needs to take off the Dick Jauron tinfoil helmet.

McGee, probably gone.

McKelvin, certainly not our 1 or 2.

Florence, needs to be upgraded.

Rodgers, 7th rd pick, looked good, but hardly vetted enough to be a first day 1 or 2.

Aaron Williams, of the bunch probably the only one I personally feel comfortable with lining up as a 1 or 2 CB.

So anyone who would be "furious" with a CB or a DB of any kind (we have a converted WR starting at SS) really needs to take the blinders off, and understand what we have on our roster, and forget about what regimes of old have done.

OT, WR or CB will most likely be our number one pick.

Anyone holding their breath for that pass rushing golden boy (at this stage in scouting, etc) is bounding down the tracks aboard a runaway asphyxiation train.

Edited by The Big Cat

I think I'll wait until next week when there are 100 Days to go until the draft! :wallbash:

Yeah baby!

Anyone with an abject prejudice against DB's really needs to take off the Dick Jauron tinfoil helmet.

McGee, probably gone.

McKelvin, certainly not our 1 or 2.

Florence, needs to be upgraded.

Rodgers, 7th rd pick, looked good, but hardly vetted enough to be a first day 1 or 2.

Aaron Williams, of the bunch probably the only one I personally feel comfortable with lining up as a 1 or 2 CB.

So anyone who would be "furious" with a CB or a DB of any kind (we have a converted WR starting at SS) really needs to take the blinders off, and understand what we have on our roster, and forget about what regimes of old have done.

OT, WR or CB will most likely be our number one pick.

Anyone holding their breath for that pass rushing golden boy (at this stage in scouting, etc) is bounding down the tracks aboard a runaway asphyxiation train.

Not only that BC but most NFL teams believe you add at least one corner each year and in fact Nix said on Monday that the team needed to add two.

There's a few posters on our forum whose heads are gonna explode… it'll be funny and messy.

Hopefully it won't happen until the middle rounds but if a CB is clearly the best player it could happen in the top 3 rounds.

Yeah baby!

Not only that BC but most NFL teams believe you add at least one corner each year and in fact Nix said on Monday that the team needed to add two.

There's a few posters on our forum whose heads are gonna explode… it'll be funny and messy.

Hopefully it won't happen until the middle rounds but if a CB is clearly the best player it could happen in the top 3 rounds.

Fact: 6 DB's are needed to run a dime package. We just BARELY have the depth to field that package right now. Nix said we ran 47% of our plays from the Nickel package (5 DB's required). At guys who were "DB's" in college also tend to be special teams contributors (you know, one third of the game).

So again, the utter fury that some express for DB's on draft day simply baffles me.

They're small men playing a large man's sport. They get hurt. And you need a ton of them. This isn't that difficult.

Fact: 6 DB's are needed to run a dime package. We just BARELY have the depth to field that package right now. Nix said we ran 47% of our plays from the Nickel package (5 DB's required). At guys who were "DB's" in college also tend to be special teams contributors (you know, one third of the game).

So again, the utter fury that some express for DB's on draft day simply baffles me.

They're small men playing a large man's sport. They get hurt. And you need a ton of them. This isn't that difficult.

it seems just to be frustration from all the high picks used on DBs from the past few years. Problem is that those DBs didn't pan out. I agree with you. If there is one worth taking, I am all for it.

it seems just to be frustration from all the high picks used on DBs from the past few years. Problem is that those DBs didn't pan out. I agree with you. If there is one worth taking, I am all for it.

Oh, I totally understand why the ire exists...problem is, since Jauron and Co. were shipped out we've used "high" picks on two DB's--Aaron Williams and Jairus Byrd. Fine failures they've been!! :thumbsup:

Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama. He does not look NFL ready to me. Kind of a thin lanky body. He did not tackle well against LSU. He had a great play on Special teams during the championship game but he looks like a guy who would spend his first two seasons on IR to me. I do think he will be a very goood nfl player .. Someday.

any WR,CB,RB,PUNTER,KICKER

The only reason I brought up Kirpatrick is Buddy said he wanted to add two.

plus if If the lowa kid goes in the top 9, and buddy feels the dl/lb are reaches kirparick might be the highes player on his board

i like him . you pair him and williams and yuo will have two larger physical corners

and yes we sure the hell need pass rushers.

Yeah baby!

Just not with the first pick sjb--thats all I ask. Not on this team.